Make a donation

Author Topic: VCDS Costs - Auto Dimming Mirrors and Auto Locking Doors  (Read 4625 times)

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
Re: VCDS Costs - Auto Dimming Mirrors and Auto Locking Doors
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 04:42:48 pm »
It only works on cars that have power folding mirrors and puddle lights as they run off a higher spec door controller.

As above, it can be retro fitted, but it's not cheap which is annoying as puddle lights and power mirrors are the only options my car doesnt have.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline calculon

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 04:47:42 pm »
Hm, I thought it was linked to memory seats. Do you have those?

I'll check it later today with vcds. I've got puddle lights & power mirrors, but it doesn't fold down when in reverse.

Offline .:GTI|SUNNY:.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 11
  • I spend too much time on this forum, I'm addicted
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 05:04:57 pm »
i want the mirror dip also

i have heated folding mirrors, puddle lights, auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors but i have Midline
| Tornado Red GTI |

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 05:10:58 pm »

I'll check it later today with vcds. I've got puddle lights & power mirrors, but it doesn't fold down when in reverse.

I was told that too.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 05:21:12 pm »
Ahh right cheers damogen I dont have the extra bytes on my CECM I have a hihgline one that I can fit, but that might not be all.  Thats not the winter pack either buddy the puddle light and folding mirrors is lux pack.  Front footwell lights is also lux pack unless you have a pre 05 car like mine.  coming and leaving home lights is normal feature with the auto lights.

ther are puddle light mirrors that dont fold, think its the difference between LUX pack 1 and pack 2.

If you only have the midline but have the folding mirrors then it can probably be activated using VCDS but the highline would allow you to control the functions without VCDS.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 05:24:24 pm »
Crikey, why so many options? My BMW had all this stuff on it, and I don't think it was a mega-specced car.

Offline GeeTeeI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 05:54:23 pm »
I've got the lux pack 2 (the higher spec one with puddle lights and auto folding mirrors plus the parking assist) but mine doesn't do the autodip on reverse  :confused: :sad1: :sad1:

I've just been out to the car and tried the trick of flicking the switch to the nearside mirror position then engaging reverse on the DSG and still no dipping.

Am I missing something - mine's an '05

I agree that the options are very confusing and that on BMWs this is a mid range standard item.

Nasir

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 06:59:50 pm »
A BMW is considered a more premium car so you would expect it. Front footwell lights I thought were standard?

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 07:03:04 pm »

I was told that too.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 12:26:07 pm »
Well, got the auto-locking doors done. Think I found a good independent VW garage too :happy2:

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 03:50:13 pm »
I have rear parking sensors and my mirror doesn't dip.  I did ask VW if they could activate it when it was in for a service a while ago but they couldn't because the option wasn't there.

Mine is the same. Is there any way of checking whether they were fitted as OEM or afterwards? In the gateway coding installation list there is a bit [76] Park Assist that isn't selected. Should it be or is it for another feature?

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 07:06:19 pm »
Parking sensors should be flush with the bumper and the centres the same colour as the rest of the car. Aftermarket ones sit proud, are often black and if painted, have evidence of overspray.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.