Make a donation

Author Topic: V4 maps for RNS 510  (Read 18096 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: V4 maps for RNS 510
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2009, 09:50:02 am »
if anyone wants the 1100 firmware update its here http://www.filefactory.com/file/af25he8/n/rns510fw1100_rar

please do consider the implications of upgrading, and do so at your own risk

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2009, 10:58:21 am »
oh gutted to hear the post code is the same! is there anyway to create an audible warning for POIs btw? speed cameras etc?

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2009, 11:00:46 am »
oh gutted to hear the post code is the same! is there anyway to create an audible warning for POIs btw? speed cameras etc?
there is no way at the moment that i hvae seen, im sure it could be done with custom software but nobody will go to that trouble TBH

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2009, 03:35:10 pm »
182_blue - looks like your the resident expert here...  :happy2:

How do I check the current firmware version on my RNS 510 unit?  And, what changes are there with this newer 1100 version?

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2009, 04:51:15 pm »

How do I check the current firmware version on my RNS 510 unit?  And, what changes are there with this newer 1100 version?
well, depending what version your running you can check by opening the car, getting in, don't put key in ignition, start up the nav unit using the knob on the unit, then when VW splash screen starts up press and hold the set up button for about 15 secs, then you enter a hidden menu, here you will find your map version and HW number.

certain versions wont allow this until programmed to be allowed to do so via Vag com (bear in mind updating to 1100 will necessitate the use of vag com (one time only though) to enter this hidden menu)

As i said doing this update could Brick your unit, so do so at your own risk

heres mine now

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2009, 01:54:34 pm »

well, depending what version your running you can check by opening the car, getting in, don't put key in ignition, start up the nav unit using the knob on the unit, then when VW splash screen starts up press and hold the set up button for about 15 secs, then you enter a hidden menu, here you will find your map version and HW number.

certain versions wont allow this until programmed to be allowed to do so via Vag com (bear in mind updating to 1100 will necessitate the use of vag com (one time only though) to enter this hidden menu)

heres mine now

Ordered the V4 from VW.  Will this have the firmware update on it as well?

Apologies in advance...but how do I check my version number - and I don't have this VAG-COM thingy (what ever that is)?

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2009, 02:13:31 pm »
i dont think the firmware comes with the map (im told not anyway), your dealer can do it for you though, as for firmware check the text you just quoted LOL

copied here for you

heres mine now

Ordered the V4 from VW.  Will this have the firmware update on it as well?

Apologies in advance...but how do I check my version number - and I don't have this VAG-COM thingy (what ever that is)?

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2009, 02:13:59 pm »
ps, you know how much the disc is dont you !!!!

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2009, 02:18:50 pm »

Just over 200 bucks... it's on order.  So, if I get this right I have to ask VW to do the firmware update separately?

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2009, 02:23:45 pm »

Just over 200 bucks... it's on order.  So, if I get this right I have to ask VW to do the firmware update separately?

yeh, if they will do it for you then fine, not sure if its chargable ?, just say you find it slow when you touch it and your mate has had an upgrade which solves this

ps, you dont need the upgrade for v4 map, it just makes the unit a bit more responsive