Make a donation

Author Topic: Help Please - Climatronic not working  (Read 1534 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Help Please - Climatronic not working
« on: January 04, 2011, 07:27:58 pm »
Evening Folks.

The wife has informed me this evening that the Dual Zone Climatronic in the Slingshot has just stopped working. No matter what she presses, what speed she turns the fan to or what temperature she sets there is no air coming out. She said she can here a noise that sounds like a computer HDD :confused: (woman's tech term not mine :laugh:) as if something is trying to work but nothing does. Also the Recirculation button doesn't work (as in doesn't light up when pressed).

I know i need to plug VCDS into the car to get the fault code. There is however one problem in that my VCDS lead is about 2m long not 160miles which it needs to be as i'm not at home.

I know that none of you have a Crystal Ball and can't really do anything without a fault code. However i was just wondering if anyone has had this problem before and if so what were the causes/fixes.

My thinking was either:

Fuse gone - Unlikely as the temp display and lights (Bar recirc) all work
Motor gone - Hope not :scared:
Potentionmeter gone - Again hope not :scared:

All help appreciated as i won't be able to do anything till i see the car late friday evening at the earliest.

Cheers

Carl :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:42:59 pm by vRS Carl »

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
Re: Help Please - Climatronic not working
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:47:43 pm »
I wonder if something small has fallen in from the glove box into the vent at the back and preventing the fan from rotating unimpeded.
Without traction power is nothing!