Make a donation

Author Topic: Are your needles lit???  (Read 24316 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Are your needles lit???
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 04:10:21 pm »
Liking the lit needles Lee, but liking the White back light even more  :happy2:

I assume the change in back light colour is a hardware change (I.e. New LED's behind the clocks) rather than a simple coding change?

Andrew

Cheers Andrew, Yes its a hardware change new SMD LED's.

I think the blue back lighting matched well with the old MFD2 but didnt look right against the RNS. I think the RNS being a newer unit is set up to compliment the newer white/black DIS.

I personally didnt do my cluster it was like it when I bought it (Going from mid to highline) I didnt even know and was very surprised when it lit up white! Much easier to read too.

Although I have done one conversion for a mate and it was pretty straight forward, just have to make sure the LED's are soldered in the correct orientation :happy2:

@ Darren if he reads this, is there any way of changing the RNS maps or is it a v7 thing? Im sure the older maps night colours were much better than the brown/beige they are now?? I thought changing the RNS theme from Sportline/Highline/Premium might make a difference but no luck.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:28:48 am by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 02:11:10 am »
Lee I think its built into the maps so not sure it can be changed,

Just changed a couple of things in the Hex editor and line 122 sprung up :happy2: going to have another go tomorrow.

Darren

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 05:25:52 am »

Just changed a couple of things in the Hex editor and line 122 sprung up :happy2: going to have another go tomorrow.

Darren

youll get there in the end lad, waiting patiently lol,
MKV R32 DSG

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 11:32:48 am »

Darren

Cheers Darren,

You probably know this, if you click address in XVI32 and then 'go to' type in 122 make sure its on hexdecimal it'll take you to the right value.

If you look on the left it should actually be address 10E in the hex editor  :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:01:04 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 05:03:11 pm »
Tried every thing now and just will not take the new hex code :confused: Lee can you send me a PM of exactly what you did from start to finish :happy2:

Ill then sort some pic out.

Darren

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 05:13:01 pm »
My mate is saying the same thing!!

Don't think its the version of k commander do you??

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 06:08:55 pm »
Dont think so Lee cos it does every thing else...I fitted 3 sets of R32 clocks and don't my original diesel highline ages ago?

Darren

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 07:13:31 pm »
I'm clutching at straws really mate.

My mate done his cluster swap with his and he can't get any joy with the lit needles.

What I did was open k commander, click 07 kombi, click on instruments, read eeprom, save two copies to laptop, one labeled modded file-one labeled original file.

Open XVI32 click on file, open the modded file, click on address, click on go to,enter 122 in the box making sure hexdecimal is checked, change F4 to F2 (OR 74 to 72), click file, save as modded file.

Open k commander, click 07 kombi, click instruments, check vehicle model says golf v, read eeprom, click load file (or saved file cannot remember now), click write eeprom, close window, click reset cluster.

I left the car, locked it and left it for a couple of hours as I was told you have to let the cluster fully shut off??

When I went back I had lit needles.

Darren I'v written all this from memory as it's a pain to use k commander on my laptop because of the antivirus, even if I turn it off it causes problems so I have to completely delete it!!

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2011, 07:43:13 pm »
any luck on this then guys?
MKV R32 DSG

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2011, 09:11:57 pm »
Yes thanks, mine are lit  :happy2:

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 12:39:41 am »
Yes thanks, mine are lit  :happy2:

are yours the r32 dials then? are you saying youve got r32 cluster with lit needles? the blue ones
MKV R32 DSG

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 08:58:30 pm »
am i right in thinking then that r32 clusters cant have lit needles? :(
MKV R32 DSG

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2011, 09:00:26 pm »
All clusters can have lit needles.....

GTI/R32 or Standard

Offline ChiefyGT32

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 02:32:10 pm »
 :jumping: Hopefully mine will be lit by the end of the week....lol

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 01:49:26 am »
All clusters can have lit needles.....

GTI/R32 or Standard

can you enable lit needles on my cluster mate?
MKV R32 DSG