Make a donation

Author Topic: Tutorial - How to Update RNS-510 Firmware. ***New Links & Firmware*** 19/02/12  (Read 350148 times)

Offline nickking

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
I'm so glad I found this thread!

I have March 2009 unit, part number 1T0 035 680 C, HW: H04, SW: 2680 (from the label on the unit).

Many years ago I updated the firmware, to which version I can't remember and it's worked fine ever since.

Yesterday I tried to update to 5238 by Josi, the update seemed to go through fine other than I had no sound and the radio stations all saved to the presets as 93.4mhz no matter what station it thought I'd tuned (I had no sound so took for granted the station name that was showed was the station name that should have saved to the preset).  The navigation worked but I literally had no sound at all.

I've tried various different versions today including 4120 and 5218 which both showed a SWL ERROR and finally managed to install 3810 (from the original post on this thread) and the sound has returned.

Could anyone tell me which version(s) will work on my unit and is it actually worth upgrading from 3810?

Many thanks to the original poster for the links and thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my question.

Nick.

Offline golfV_ravi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
HELP

Anyone here know how to help me ? My RNS510 won't play any music or radio, the unit and navigation works.
Last time I tried installing the Old Can-Gateway fix (this works in about 95% of cases) which updated the VUCI part of the RNS and it worked after that surprisingly. But I'm not able to get hold of it anymore  :sad1:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Can ýou factory reset it

Offline golfV_ravi

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
nope, unable to do anything with it.

Any idea how I can do a factory reset ?

Offline sassu

• Thank You
    • Email
Good evening colleagues, I have an RNS510 navigation, when I start it it stays with the VW logo, then the radio buttons appear but it doesn't do anything.
Who can help me with software for her?

Data: W 1T0 035 680 B

HW: H04

SW: 0900

Offline unchiu

• Thank You
    • Email
How to remove message "Look! Safe to move?" when reversing
« Reply #320 on: February 24, 2022, 11:40:01 am »
Hello!
I have a T5 from 2011 and I've retrofitted RNS510 navi with aftermarket camera. The problem is the safety message which covers the trailer hook. Is it possible to get rid of this message so I can have a full rear image?
Thanks

Offline CKSidney

• Thank You
Hi, mine is a 3C8035195 FD 5108 HW036 SW0130. What software update do I need? I also got a bluetooth module for it. I will be fitting this Monday.

Offline ufukacar007

• Thank You
    • Email
Hello
I installed 6276 software for RNS 510 1T0035680R version, but there is no sound in the radio. Which software version is best suited for this device? If there is, could you share it with me?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 06:58:32 am by ufukacar007 »