Make a donation

Author Topic: Sunset Red 1.4 TSI(TFSI) GT Sport - daily drive & track car  (Read 322401 times)

Offline rex

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 74
Re: Sunset Red 1.4 TSI(TFSI) GT Sport - daily drive & track car
« Reply #990 on: October 26, 2022, 07:51:56 pm »
Do you track your gt4? Just went to see the dealer last week for a GT4. How could I get in touch with you? Would lie to ask you some questions

PM Sent

Offline rex

• Thank You
« Reply #991 on: December 03, 2023, 07:34:11 pm »
Haven't written here in more than a year... WOW...
The car is still with me - can't see why I would ever sell it and I am enjoying it as much as I can.
Early 2022 I had a big accident with another car and I am still recovering (physically I escaped unhurt but mentally I need some time to recover).

The Golf is quite a slow and predictable car and I am using it to get over the previous accident.
As such, I've had track day in Romania earlier this year (nothing notable to share from it) and another trip to Nurburgring late September - the one I want to write about here.
It was important for me to be late in the year and, as Stefan (@Acidutzul) went earlier, I joined another friend with a similar car:

Just kidding, the cars couldn't have been further a part...
All in all the trip was great.
Great weather, exceptional hotel room view:

Great cars (some might think 992 GT3 RS are quite rare, but not at Nurburgring and especially not during a Manthey track day).

If last year I participated at Manthey track day and the car could easily blend in, now it was no longer the case.
You should see the look on people's faces when my friend and I went to complete the registration in the Golf :):

As I was not as obsessed about going on track all the time, I had some time to enjoy other things as well.
I even had time to walk around the parking lot and meet Streten for example (M539 Restorations for all of you, BMW fans).

All in all it was a successful trip.
Here are a few photos with the car "in action".

Next up, one or two videos and more photos.
Cheers!  :drinking:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 07:37:45 pm by rex »

Offline rex

• Thank You
« Reply #992 on: December 06, 2023, 08:54:36 pm »
A video with a decent drive:

As you can see, I am a bit rusty and I am not trusting the car or my abilities (for good reasons for the last part) :)

Offline rex

• Thank You
« Reply #993 on: December 08, 2023, 03:52:45 pm »
And the remaining photos:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #994 on: January 25, 2024, 12:11:17 am »
Sad to know that you had a serious accident that left you some mental scaring. I hope you can recovery from that completely, specially with the help of your Golf.

Great pictures from the Ring trip.  :drool:  I hope I can do the same one day with my car.  :drinking: