Make a donation

Author Topic: what next  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Aaron_RJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
what next
« on: January 29, 2011, 06:54:42 pm »
what shall i go for on my list of mods next:

Blueflame turboback or Forge twintercooler?
 which will give the biggest gains from anyone who has them?

Many thanks
2007 GTI | 18'' Monzas |Xenons|Highline|MFSW|Lux pack| Factory Tints |Cruise control
Mods: VWR Quickshift |Forge DV |Autotech HPFP| Sportlines | |Goodrich hoses |Milltek non res TBE | Stage 2 map | Custom CAI

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: what next
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 07:05:12 pm »
Why not get a blueflame down pipe, leave the standard cat back on the car, and then with your £500 you have saved by not getting the blueflame cat back, you could get your self a twintercooler.

Best of both worlds.  Key thing being you dont need a full TBE for power, its only the downpipe for power. the cat back is for noise

Offline Aaron_RJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 07:08:28 pm »
Why not get a blueflame down pipe, leave the standard cat back on the car, and then with your £500 you have saved by not getting the blueflame cat back, you could get your self a twintercooler.

Best of both worlds.  Key thing being you dont need a full TBE for power, its only the downpipe for power. the cat back is for noise

like your thinking
2007 GTI | 18'' Monzas |Xenons|Highline|MFSW|Lux pack| Factory Tints |Cruise control
Mods: VWR Quickshift |Forge DV |Autotech HPFP| Sportlines | |Goodrich hoses |Milltek non res TBE | Stage 2 map | Custom CAI

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 07:28:15 pm »
I found the downpipe made the exhaust note sound deeper but not too much louder.  Was perfect for me.  Ruined it when i fitted the piper cat back as it was uber loud

Offline Aaron_RJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 07:49:51 pm »
yeah dont want uber loud noises  currently have remap , Autotech HPFP , Custom intake to be fitted soon just unsure of what next think a mix of blueflame dp and twintercooler would be best

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 07:52:50 pm »
sounds good to me.  the intercooler is deffo more imporrtant than the cat back.  I think the cat back is more like the icing on the cake really. its garnish you can do after you've gone stage 2+

Offline Aaron_RJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 07:58:33 pm »
very true mate best place i have found for twintercooler is JKM and DC performance for decat and reducer

unless anyone knows of better

thanks sorry for the pestering  :signLOL:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 10:43:48 pm »
Call us for twintercooler prices, will beat most online retailers on price :happy2: