Make a donation

Author Topic: Interior Trim  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Interior Trim
« on: January 22, 2011, 12:22:49 am »
what have you guys done to 'sex' it up?

from what I have seen 'wrapping' the trim/strips in CF. Anyone done anything different?

and does anyone have a pic of the centre surround (around the head unit fully wrapped in Carbon F?

Thinking CF of link the RNS...have is painted a glass black? what you guys think? think this would to tooooooo much black?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
Re: Interior Trim
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:04:49 am »
Cue RR pic whoring  :grin: :signLOL:

Funnily enough, I have one for sale! I bought it for my car, already wrapped in carbon 3m Di-Noc but realised later it was off a TDI, hence the middle knob was smaller and no heated seat section cut out! I'll post a pic if you're interested.  :happy2:

Since then, I wrapped that bit and the trim around the DSG myself but the job is not as good  :popcornsoda:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:48:04 pm by swf7y »

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:32:21 am »
yea pics be good...........

and any of the centre console (around the head unit) wrapped in CF?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 01:44:52 pm »
In my car:

The one I'm selling:

Saint Steve

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 03:12:18 pm »
Black gloss wraps in mine. I also had the Edition 30 sticker made to match the oem lettering.

My wing mirror housings are resprayed Black gloss to go with the other black gloss theme's i have going on..

Excuse the poor pics from the iphone, but it looks better then the aluminuim standard look.

My car was one of the 1st to sport the carbon wraps on the RNS surround. Gloss black i have to say looks alot better then the carbon wrap did imo.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:18:19 am by Saint Steve »

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 11:31:09 am »
Steve do you have any more pics of the top bit where the vents are? Preferably close ups? I decided not to do this bit as I thought it might peel but seeing as you've had it for 6 months or so, I'm considering doing it now.  :smiley:

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 12:18:27 pm »
I consider myself to be a competent DIYer, I'm good at spraying and putting vinyl on.

How hard is it to wrap things and make it look proffesional?

Saint Steve

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 06:26:10 pm »
Steve do you have any more pics of the top bit where the vents are? Preferably close ups? I decided not to do this bit as I thought it might peel but seeing as you've had it for 6 months or so, I'm considering doing it now.  :smiley:

i will sort some pics in the next few days for you :happy2: