Make a donation

Author Topic: Central Convenience - replacement part  (Read 17484 times)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Central Convenience - replacement part
« on: February 03, 2011, 10:20:29 am »
Morning All, I'm looking at upgrading my Central Convenience module and have bought what I think is a suitable replacement part, but when looking for fitting instructions I have become worried about the 2 door 4 door issue, and I was hoping someone could let me know how you tell which is a 2 door and which is a 4 door module.  (or if this applies)

So current part via VCDS scan is:

Address 46: Central Conv.        Labels: 1K0-959-433-MIN.clb
   Part No: 1K0 959 433 AK
   Component:    KSG              0401 
   Coding: 01C802087F2D8405485FC69010CC
   Shop #: WSC 00000 785 00200

I have sourced the replacement part:

1K0 959 433 BT which is a max module.

From a bit of searching on the forum and google I know that a couple of the Leon driver have the same part number version BT and they would obviously have 4 doors is anyone able to advice if the module will be right before I go to the trouble of ripping the glovebox out and what looks like a lot of re-coding to find I have no rear windows!  :sick:

One thing thats written on the module is 2tuerer I have tried to get a online translator to do german to english but it doesnt come up with anything but this worries me!

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline kevinm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
  • No. 728
Re: Central Convenience - replacement part
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:30:44 am »
Im nearly sure i put the BT version in my 3 door. Ill check at lunch.  :happy2:

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:35:39 am »
Rich,

Tűr in German is Door - So I guess that means 2 Door ?

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:38:43 am »
So Smudster 5 door ED30 and Singh Leon Cupra both have the BT version.

Cheers for the reply Kev my understanding is you can fit a 4 door version to a 2 door car without issue but you cant the other way around, interested to know if it is what you fitted.  Also not sure if the part number is the differentiator or if you will have 2 door and 4 door BT version modules.

Just about to post a reply, so it looks like ive got a useless module then damn cheers Norbreck so they would come in both 2 door and 4 door versions with the same code so it will be very hard to tell from the tiny pictures on ebay which is which  :fighting:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 10:40:42 am »
Thought a picture of the code might also be helpful incase it is still of use, if not will need to find a replacement.

Offline kevinm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • No. 728
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 11:40:24 am »
I did fit the BT module to my car:

Address 46: Central Conv.        Labels: 1K0-959-433-MAX.clb
   Part No SW: 1K0 959 433 BT    HW: 1K0 959 433 BT
   Component:    KSG PQ35 G2  020 0204 
   Revision: 00020000    Serial number: 00000000000000
   Coding: 989002085103087F2D0285057008DAC6909840
   Shop #: WSC 01324 785 00200
   VCID: 830EF471BB7D

But i still think it will work in your car. Etka lists it for both 2 and 4 door cars and there are options in the coding for 4 doors:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 12:43:23 pm »
Hmmm interesting.  I dont suppose you know if yours stated 2tuerer or 4tuerer on the plastic do you (old picture, invoice or box) bit of a long shot only other way would be to install code and see.  I guess it would affect the rear door central locking and rear windows. 

Offline kevinm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • No. 728
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 01:02:47 pm »
Ya the AK says 4 door on it:
http://www.nd-skoda-volkswagen.cz/cz/autodily-skoda/octavia-ii/elektrosoucasti/ridici-jednotky/1854-ridici-jednotka-komfort-octavia-ii.html

You would have the modules swapped and the glovebox back in in 20 minutes. Dont overtighten the plastic nuts holding the ccm carrier. And take screen shots of your existing coding before you swap.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 02:40:52 pm »
How much of the TRIM did you take out?  the guide I read suggested trim above ashtray fuse panel additional trim by the door and then screws and electrics for the glovebox.  Does that sound about right?

Might just give it a go, but I'm leaning towards it not being any good!  I suppose I dont have to re-assemble before checking the coding!  Thanks for the link to the AK unit, interestingly that one also says its a MAX unit min has the -min label despite the same part-number so it seems no rhym or reason behind the part numbers!

Was the coding of the remotes fairly easy after the change?  add one to the adaptation box then press a button on the remote within 30 seconds?

Offline kevinm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • No. 728
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 06:44:37 pm »
How much of the TRIM did you take out?  the guide I read suggested trim above ashtray fuse panel additional trim by the door and then screws and electrics for the glovebox.  Does that sound about right?

Might just give it a go, but I'm leaning towards it not being any good!  I suppose I dont have to re-assemble before checking the coding!  Thanks for the link to the AK unit, interestingly that one also says its a MAX unit min has the -min label despite the same part-number so it seems no rhym or reason behind the part numbers!

Was the coding of the remotes fairly easy after the change?  add one to the adaptation box then press a button on the remote within 30 seconds?

Its a few months since i did it but that sounds about it removing trim. To code the remotes, I just followed Ross-Tech's instructions.

Give it a go before you right it off.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 08:51:59 am »
Thanks for all your help and advice Kev and Andrew,  it looks like it wont be any good but I will give it a go one night next week. Clicked the thnak you button for you both  :happy2:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 03:06:20 pm »
Rich Ill give you the low down on the convenience module,

Basically the early golfs upto February 2006 had a controller in each door both front and rear and they controlled all the functions on the door they are in so with that the convenience module had to be a 4 door controller with 2 plugs 1 for front doors and 1 for the rear door....

Now on later cars after march 2006 the golf runs what's called Lin Bus which is like Can bus but only runs single wire information, this wire runs from each front door to both the rear door so front drivers run the rear drivers and the front passenger runs the rear passenger door.

So although the BT unit is specified for a 2 and a 4 door your car needs to be built after march 2006 if it is then it runs Lin Bus and your fine to use the BT version if not then either a CB or AR module will be needed.

Hope that helps Rich

Darren

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 03:32:26 pm »
Rich Ill give you the low down on the convenience module,

Basically the early golfs upto February 2006 had a controller in each door both front and rear and they controlled all the functions on the door they are in so with that the convenience module had to be a 4 door controller with 2 plugs 1 for front doors and 1 for the rear door....

Now on later cars after march 2006 the golf runs what's called Lin Bus which is like Can bus but only runs single wire information, this wire runs from each front door to both the rear door so front drivers run the rear drivers and the front passenger runs the rear passenger door.

So although the BT unit is specified for a 2 and a 4 door your car needs to be built after march 2006 if it is then it runs Lin Bus and your fine to use the BT version if not then either a CB or AR module will be needed.

Hope that helps Rich

Darren

Only just seen this response Darren that explains it all nicely and unfortunately I believe my car is a on the earlier system with 4 door controllers and the old wiring system, so will have to track down a replacement controller  :sad1: