Make a donation

Author Topic: mk5 r32 dsg rear diff leak,  (Read 1389 times)

Offline M44NTU-3.2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
mk5 r32 dsg rear diff leak,
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:43:08 pm »
hello

took my car to vw today for its second service, mkv 58 dsg r32 5 door. car is on 9000miles. i spoke to the tech before he started the service, i said to him i came in 6months ago to have my brakes checked as they were groaning(lol) when i was reversing into my drive, the tech that day checked the brakes and said just the copper grease has dried up, that was fine got the sorted the next day, he did say when he checked over the car underneath he said theres a light misting of oil on the rear diff, he said it doesnt look too bad, when you get it serviced in 6months tell the tech that day to check it over again.

so i told the tech today can you check it please, once the service was completed the good looking service desk lady lol said your car is ready, but need to book your car back in for the rear diff, she said going to fit a new one under warranty, i was like the cars only done 9000miles,  i wasnt angry or anything, was kinda suprised they said without me saying we will change it under warranty, thats booked in for tuesday

does anyone know if the rear diff when new comes with the oil already in or once they fit it do they have to pump the oil in, im a little worried at the moment as ive read a few horror stories of dealers cocking up the rear diff oil, putting in hadlex oil instead of diff oil,

any help is very aprecaited, thanks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:55:45 pm by M44NTU-3.2 »
MKV R32 DSG