Author Topic: STOLEN  (Read 9315 times)

Offline Q

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: STOLEN
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2009, 07:04:11 pm »
If they did no physical damage the car should be just fine.  It's garage mechanics I don't trust.  They hammer sports cars (which the GTI is) at lunchtime.  And we pay them for it.

Offline vwrascal

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2009, 07:20:48 pm »
If they did no physical damage the car should be just fine.  It's garage mechanics I don't trust.  They hammer sports cars (which the GTI is) at lunchtime.  And we pay them for it.

I get paranoid about this, for some reason I dont trust anyone with my car   :scared:

Offline sixpot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2009, 07:44:00 pm »
Cheers for all the comments guys - it's really appreciated. My car was mint condition wise before it was taken, and I can't stand the thought of a couple of scrotes driving around in it.
Luckily I've got some pretty decent detailing /valeting chemicals which are going to be brought into play when I get it back, my George extractor is going to earn its keep!! I think bio-brisk should do a good job.
I dread to think what it will be like after CSI have finished doing forensics on it! :sad:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2009, 07:46:10 pm »
Did they take it for a joyride or was it used for some nefarious purpose (eg getaway vehicle)?

Where was it found (may have missed this)?

Have you seen it yet?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline sixpot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2009, 08:39:23 pm »
By the sounds of it they just used it to get home! was found in kirby, Liverpool, parked up in a residential street. I haven't seen it yet as they won't let me until forensics have dealt with it.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2009, 08:45:34 pm »
By the sounds of it they just used it to get home! was found in kirby, Liverpool, parked up in a residential street. I haven't seen it yet as they won't let me until forensics have dealt with it.

Im pleased the car sounds intact mate  :happy2:  I can't imagine how I'd feel about the whole situation? I hope you and the family are ok?

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2009, 09:12:45 pm »
i reckon they have parked it up to see if it has a tracker....so your more than likely going to find a perfect car.

it will have been taken by scroats who do this all day long. they will have probably stolen it to sell on abroad or strip it. so they will park it up, having done nothing to it, well thats my guess

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2009, 08:19:36 am »
Agree with JPC here. That's a standard tactic. Nick it, park it up somewhere for a few days, if no one comes sniffing in a few days, then they assume it's probably not tracked, they then move it again never to be seen.

Seen this a few times on those police programs on the telly (road wars or something).

Absolutely delighted to hear your getting it back Sixpot, especially as I live in Warrington as well  :happy2:.

Had a couple of sleepless nights this weekend, thinking I could hear noises outside !!!!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:21:40 am by Norbreck21a »

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2009, 09:48:11 pm »
glad you got the car back...was the key still in the ignition or is it missing...as you will have to change both keys