Make a donation

Author Topic: Which Bulbs  (Read 12760 times)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: Which Bulbs
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 09:31:40 pm »
Here you go LaserBlue here are some details on why we are scare of HID discussion threads: -

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=95457.0

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=95527.0

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 09:36:42 pm »
lol

i dont know what else to say, i dunno if im mising the point or anything but i think now ill go get ready for work, 5 hours on the pc is killing of my brain cells, cant make heads or tails of anything??

Ok, all it is we have a prominent member on here who gets a bit upset when people post up these kits. especially if you mention that they may be legal you however never so you may escape with your torso.  :laugh:
there were many heated debates over these kits none of which ended with all parties feeling happy.
Pop yourself off to work and dont worry, I think he is trying a new approach on this site so we shall see how it goes.  :chicken:

Offline LaserBlue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 09:46:04 pm »
thanks steve.. i had a quick browse through and it looks like somebody was catching feelings over the hid kit from italy or something plus relevant legal advice is very helpfull  :happy2:

they are illegal, full stop. they wouldnt pass an mot if i left them in mine i know that for sure.
i always drive with them on the lowest headlamp level so they dont blind people (duno if they do) but i do consider other road users

i guess ill have to make sure my next car does come with factory xenon as i couldnt bare the thought of going back to yellow lights.

topcat.. think i will pop myself off to work, i sense some feelings.. hope i have not upset anybody

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 09:49:52 pm »
thanks steve.. i had a quick browse through and it looks like somebody was catching feelings over the hid kit from italy or something plus relevant legal advice is very helpfull  :happy2:

they are illegal, full stop. they wouldnt pass an mot if i left them in mine i know that for sure.
i always drive with them on the lowest headlamp level so they dont blind people (duno if they do) but i do consider other road users

i guess ill have to make sure my next car does come with factory xenon as i couldnt bare the thought of going back to yellow lights.

topcat.. think i will pop myself off to work, i sense some feelings.. hope i have not upset anybody

everything is cool laser its all good info, i was only making light of the situation to stop it turning into an ugly thread with no winners.  :drinking:

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 10:17:39 pm »
 :signLOL:  ive read a few posts on other forums about legality etc but everyone had conflicting views.  luckily mines got them standard  :happy2:  i think a full standard setup would cost some serious £££ though
Still Here!

Offline The wheel man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 12:10:08 pm »
Ok so back on topic.....

These look to be the right ones http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=112  anyone got a link or some info on the Phillips ones??
APR cat back, ECS Insert

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102

Offline LaserBlue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 08:06:16 pm »
dont suppose anybody knows if the footwell lights are 501s or festoon bulbs?

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008, 08:14:34 pm »
Someone upgraded theirs on the other forum the other week.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=96011.0

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 08:38:03 pm »
what about fog light bulbs ?, what we all using (not that i ever had them on lol)

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 08:42:16 pm »
what about fog light bulbs ?, what we all using (not that i ever had them on lol)

I thought about upgrading these too but as you quite rightly point out, I never use em! I think I've used the one's in my ED30 once!

Offline LaserBlue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 08:58:32 pm »

damn i even posted on that forum stating myself what bulbs they were 501s  :ashamed:..

i think im over working.. ill relax when i drive the bendy roads to work in my gti  :smiley:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 09:58:01 pm »

damn i even posted on that forum stating myself what bulbs they were 501s  :ashamed:..

i think im over working.. ill relax when i drive the bendy roads to work in my gti  :smiley:

:grin: :grin: Nice one Laser! a nice cuppa Horlicks and an early night me thinks!  :laugh:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008, 10:43:22 pm »

I thought about upgrading these too but as you quite rightly point out, I never use em! I think I've used the one's in my ED30 once!

i have tried them once, it was dark and i turned all my lights of trying put them on lol

Offline The wheel man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 11:20:00 am »

i have tried them once, it was dark and i turned all my lights of trying put them on lol

I did exactly the same thing last night!!!!!  I have to say i diddnt expect the lights to go out....................
APR cat back, ECS Insert