Make a donation

Author Topic: Armrest from a Breakers.....not happy!  (Read 1436 times)

Offline janus909GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Armrest from a Breakers.....not happy!
« on: April 20, 2011, 11:26:50 am »
Hey all,

So was planning on Retro fitting an armrest, thought id got lucky sourcing one, cost around £90 all in including delivery which i thought was alright.......

Arrived today, couple of things im not happy about so wanna get everyones advice and thoughts.

- The rear cupholder below the vents, wont shut and just flaps open, looking at the mechanism i cant figure out why it wont shut, very annoying
- There is like no shutter inbetween where the handbreak would go, so theres going to be a massive void above or below the handbreak, surly this isnt normal
- There is about a 2cm diameter hole to the left of the handbreak smack bang in the middle of the plastic, im guessing a button of some sort was normally posistioned there, thats no good and looks rubbish, does anyone have a button here on their armrest.....

So i really dont know what to do??///////  :fighting:

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Armrest from a Breakers.....not happy!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:49:31 am »
The front hole is for the aux in socket or you have a blank see my pic.

There is a part that has a gator that should go over the handbrake to fill the void will see if I can find you a picture but you might find one on ebay.
You can see the part at the front of my picture it clips into the arm rest frame and has a screw down the front.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.