Make a donation

Author Topic: revo dsg remap issues..  (Read 9489 times)

Offline ady-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
revo dsg remap issues..
« on: April 18, 2011, 02:47:58 pm »
I had my DSG box remapped at the end of last week and all is not well, I've booked it back in with the installer for tomorrow but I would like to try and understand what the problem could be..

First I have to say my car has got a APR engine remap, which I'm happy with, and an Evoms - it's an edition 30.

When in manual mode and I apply full throttle, or anywhere over half aprox, in third gear and it pulls to 3-4k and I pull the upshifter to change into 4th it violently shakes the car, and when I say shake it's quite worrying. Driving around nomally all works as it should but it's most noticable in the above situation. I also get a turbo stall type noise through the Evoms and then after about half a second it sorts itself out and off it goes again. I don't what to keep doing it as there is definately something not right. :confused:

Obviously this isn't how it's supposed to be, but what I'd like to know if it's something that's not been set right with the remap, if that's even posible, or is it likely something wrong with the box itself? Prior to the DSG remap it didn't show any of these issues and the car has only done less than 6k miles.

Cheers

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: revo dsg remap issues..
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 04:06:21 pm »
Did you get the engine mapped at the same time?  obviously the right thing to take it back to have a look at the software to make sure all is right, worth asking them to do a basic setting reset on the DSG.  I would also check your DV if you havent already to make sure this is functioning properly.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline ady-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:14:56 pm »
Hi, thanks for the response.. :happy2:

I had the APR remap on it since last year and that's been fine. I wanted to get a bit more control over the gearbox, stop the kickdowns in manual mode and auto upshifts near tyhe red line, as I have a few trackdays planed this year.

I put a revision D, solid piston type, in the car the first weekend I got it so that should be fine.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 05:44:42 pm »
Could be coincidence and it's just highlighted a fault, could be a bug in the map? Can you have it switched off and see if the fault goes away?

Ran mine for 12 months with no issues, can't say I've heard of any either. Keep us updated, but get it looked at ASAP.
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 06:36:39 pm »
You don't say which Revo DSG remap. Are you running a K03 or K04 car?

I haven't heard of any DSG remap probs so far and have had none with mine on K03 and that includes a pre-release test version.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline ady-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:33:08 pm »
It is a dsg stage one for a Edition 30. I'm taking it back tomorrow to get it looked at but want to know if there was anything simple to check that could it could be.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 08:40:32 pm »
Not heard of this issue before :confused:

The DSG remap should suit any makers engine remap with stage 1.

I'm not sure, but aren't there different DSG maps for FWD and 4WD?

Maybe you have the wrong map as I can't see why you should have a bad map if they are all the same.
Golf R gone.

Offline ady-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 11:03:22 pm »
I think I'll prepare myself for a big bill in the near future as I feel it maybe something with the box itself.. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Cheers.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 09:12:01 am »
I think first step would be basic setting reset which I guess should have been done after the new software went on, if that doesnt work then get them to take you back to stock see if that fixes the problem.  When was the box last serviced oil and filter change?

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 09:24:57 am »
Does it do the same with the traction control off?

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 09:58:02 am »

Interesting thought PDT, my car isnt mapped but I have certainly had the odd loss of power sensation when paddle shifting from 1st to 2nd felt like the car completely died, richwig reported the same on his.

Offline ady-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 10:11:58 am »

It does the same either on or off, it does it even when not giving it full throttle, any resonable amount and it lurches on changing, so it's not a traction issue. So far they changed the DV and that had no effect, so now it's getting changed back to standard to see what it's like then. It's it's still the same after that then I suppose it's a problem with the 'box and I'll have to take it to VW to sort - I'll let you know how it goes back at stock when done.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:13:52 am by ady-gti »