Make a donation

Author Topic: Midline to highline retrofit.  (Read 17715 times)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
Midline to highline retrofit.
« on: May 08, 2011, 11:26:20 pm »
Hi all,

I've been reading up the above subject on this forum and getting an itch to try this mod out.

My car is an 08 TDi DSG which I have retrofitted (with the aid of this forum) MK6 MFSW with paddles, RNS510C VIM,Criuse control and Gti DSG gear knob.

Scanned my car with vcds and it shows that I have a instrument cluster part no.1K0 920 964 B from that would a highline cluster ending in the last three digits  974 B be the correct one to use if I can find one on fleabay?

Gtlee. :happy2: :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 11:30:16 pm by gtlee »
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Midline to highline retrofit.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:10:15 am »
Anyone?
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 09:37:17 am »
Yes thats the correct one there is a thread sitckied in one of the technical sections about the difference and as you say 964 becomes 974, problem you are going to have is coding as you need someone with VAS so shark performance or VW dealer to code the immobiliser.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 11:22:46 am »
I thought DSG cars had highline as standard?

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 11:26:57 am »
Nope, only on R32 was this the case.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 03:52:06 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation Rich,it just when I ordered the car the stupid sales guy said it was a waste of money for the full highline cluster than the midline I have now,if only I had done my homework first.

I'll have a look on fleabay don't see much chance as some of the guys here says its like looking for rocking horse poo!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 04:08:47 pm »
They are rather rare in the UK due to exactly the c*ap sales patter you got, it certianly isn't rubbish for £50 as I believe it was!  you will find some mph ones on German ebay but the best location is US ebay as they fitted it to the GTi and GLi and they seem to have a fair amount of highlines knocking about must have been more of a standard fit item.  Only difficulty is finding a company prepared to ship out of the states, or you need to know someone prepared to ship it on to you internationally.  You still have the coding issue with your 974.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 06:01:20 pm »
Rich,
Had a good look on the us ebay site but to no avail no part no.974B plus none on the German site too,it seems rocking horse poo scenario.
I was gonna get if possible the guys from Hazzydaz or Shark to pull the SKC from both clusters and if I'm correct code it up myself with Vdcs????

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 10:05:52 am »
Unless you get a brand new unit you will need them to write the code and mileage as well, also dont think Hazydays will do anything that they dont supply, shark might.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 01:54:33 pm »
found this set of 973 ones might be worth looking into if they will work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-MK5-GTI-GLI-R32-Speedo-Instrument-Cluster-23-371mi-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f09be82bbQQitemZ270746419899QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Excuse my ignorance but am I not looking for 974B would the above one work even though mines a TDi with the lower rev limit?

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 02:55:27 pm »
Thanks for the link Rich, I need an 973.

Have now emailed the seller.

OP - you MUST get a 974. I was in Shark Performance and discussed this with Ben last week, he said he cannot decode immobiliser codes with different numbers.

Sorry dude.

Matt

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 02:57:12 pm »
Actually, I haven't.

It seems that Ebay User doesnt have questions enabled or something. I can't send one - ebay wont let me!

Matt

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 03:17:11 pm »
Raging, its probably because you arent an american registered user you can add a US address and then you can do more things.

GTlee if you dont have GTI then go for this one from UK seller its the right model apart from the foil on the rev counter which you can swop from your clusters or just live with the fact that the redline is out.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK5-1-4-TSI-INSTRUMENT-CLUSTER-CLOCKS-/110587796217?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19bf8bdaf9#ht_2134wt_830

Its only GTI clusters with the recessed silver plastic which are hard to find in the UK so I went to USA.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 05:44:36 pm »
Thanks for the link Rich, I need an 973.

Have now emailed the seller.

OP - you MUST get a 974. I was in Shark Performance and discussed this with Ben last week, he said he cannot decode immobiliser codes with different numbers.

Sorry dude.

Matt

Cheers for the input. :happy2: :happy2: