Make a donation

Author Topic: Midline to highline retrofit.  (Read 17831 times)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
Re: Midline to highline retrofit.
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 12:50:16 pm »
Spent more time on the lappy with vcds checking and unchecking some boxes on Nav module and rebooting the Rns 510 after each change and finally got the buttons on the mfsw to work.

Instead of lefthandside buttons for changing tracks the rightside buttons do that now,mute and volume works as before.

So end of the day most of the buttons work now shame can't get the source buttons to play ball too,well chuffed got this mod 95% working.  :grin:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 01:44:19 pm »
Which settngs were you messing around with Lee to get buttons working?  Still havent been able to make my RNS react to my skip buttons despite being in the audio menu  :ashamed:  (I havent tried much beyond short press button on or off) what coding have you got on your steering RNS and cluster.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 05:14:45 pm »
Rich,

I have the MK6 MFSW on mine not sure which you have but in Vcds I played around the Navigation where there were only 3 main boxes to tick and untick all the while after each change I rebooted the RNS 510,long winded approach but it seems to work.

I'll have a look at the coding for you Rich, BTW I like your strip down of the "US" cluster.

lee
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 05:58:24 pm »
cheers Lee the damage and wrong units was bugging me  :signLOL:  looks 100% better now.  I only have new style MK5 buttons so you would have thought they would work will have a look at the coding again.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2011, 11:06:39 pm »
Rich,

Any luck with buttons?

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 09:51:14 pm »
Rich,

Any luck with buttons?

Hi Lee,  I had another play with the coding and oddly enough by coding in the radio rather than navigation it now works!  I had short press buttons ticked whihc I had assumed was steering buttons but apparently not turning it off has worked.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 09:56:15 pm »
Well everything fine until I tried the buttons onthe left hand of the steering wheel,with the Nav and audio enabled on the FIS the buttons that normally work (that is the mute,up and down tracks) don't NOW!!

Had a play with VCDS and it seems that either you have Full FIS with Nav and audio or no button control on one side of the steering wheel??????

Anybody have a clue.

BTW I have an mk6 mfsw with cruise and rns-510 :confused: :confused:

The issue is caused due to the RNS C version with star button and the older style cluster with red highline

to get it all working would require white highline and BAP enabled on the RNS
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 10:06:28 pm »
Good info Eddie,i thought the mk 5 don't use BAP protocol only the mk6?

Pardon my ignorance bud. :happy2:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 10:10:08 pm »
Good info Eddie,i thought the mk 5 don't use BAP protocol only the mk6?

Pardon my ignorance bud. :happy2:

I think thats the point Eddie is making for all the MK6 buttons to work with the RNS you need BAP enabled and that means a BAP cluster so for the MK5 that would mean a scirocco or Jetta cluster otherewise the BAP will lock up the highline.  :happy2:

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 10:10:54 pm »
the newer clusters with white & Colour highline use BAP

If you enable BAP on your RNS the change track will work, but you will lose the AUDIO and NAV options in the highline
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2011, 10:25:10 pm »
Rich,

Any luck with buttons?

Hi Lee,  I had another play with the coding and oddly enough by coding in the radio rather than navigation it now works!  I had short press buttons ticked whihc I had assumed was steering buttons but apparently not turning it off has worked.

Good news Rich happy for you,i know what its like having done a mod and it goes tits up.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 11:08:43 pm »
the newer clusters with white & Colour highline use BAP

If you enable BAP on your RNS the change track will work, but you will lose the AUDIO and NAV options in the highline

Thats what was going on ,as I disabled BAP I had no changing tracks buttons on the left hand buttons and vice versa as your post.

Same I hadn't known this otherwise I may of gone for the rocco or jetta clocks instead. :laugh: