Make a donation

Author Topic: Dealer fit DRLs  (Read 19472 times)

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
Re: Dealer fit DRLs
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 12:18:30 am »
 :drool:

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 08:20:45 am »
This guy clearly is single. Have you read the description next to the photos?

"Best Gift for your Girlfriend/Wife

Make a new style to your cca

DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHT"

:signLOL: I know what my wife would say. And it isn't " I like the new style of the cca. Truly that's the best gift"
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline oldy666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 05:22:14 pm »
what do people think about devil eys?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK5-05-09-CHROME-R8-DEVIL-EYE-HEADLIGHTS-DRL-/170611490491?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b93cbebb

Can't stand them! They ruin the look of my friends S3 IMO
Wouldnt have been to bad if just on the R8 but now there way to common and shout more "chav" than R8 now!

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 12:55:16 pm »
Yum, chrome!  :sick:

Offline JamboV6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 05:00:27 am »
09 3dr Diamond black DSG~ Vienna leather~winter pack~Black headliner~Cruise~Arm rest~RNS-510~Flapper mod~LED Side lights,Number Plate, interiors, Fog & Reverse~6000K HID Upgrade~Valeo OEM LED Rears~Lowtec spring~R-pad retainers~Auto boot pop~Audi Shark Fin~Alu mirrors~Centre cap mod with .:R caps.

Offline ali6n2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 05:59:54 pm »
anyone got any pics of the dealer drls posted above

Offline hkp

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 10:07:14 pm »
anyone got any pics of the dealer drls posted above

Surely they just make a vag com change to leave the front side lights on all the time? You don't get much for under £70 from a VW dealer!  :grin:

Offline GazB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 09:26:07 pm »
when I was over in Worthersee, nearly all the MK5's there with DRL's had them located next to the indicator in the main light unit.  Is this some kind of Euro option??

Offline vwdubster77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 10:55:55 pm »
Having VCDS I am aware of the settings availabe for DRL's, I wanted to know if the dealers were offering anything different, such as the DRL's fitted on the MK6 Golf.

Contacted the dealers regarding this today.....appears that:

1 They didn't know about it, had to point them in the direction of the VW website...Noddy fashion.
2 They know nothing about Xenons, one of the dealers wanted to run the xenons at reduced voltage VW MK says this is totaly fine...uh :stupid:, had to educate him on how xenons work, what would happen on reduced voltage.

1st dealer had to look into it all, this was the dealer wanting to run them at reduced voltage! he also commented on a software update and a new light switch to run the dipped beam on reduced brightness, the rear lights and number plate lights would also be on. He also thought the price on the web site was +labour :booty:. I had to tell him it was fully fitted! So this guys gone back to VW as I pointed him to the fitting of DRLs on  thePassat as this specifically says not suitable for xenon, so are the Golf fitted with xenons any different. Still waiting for a repsonse. Going to try and get the fitting instructions from this guy see what its about.

2nd dealer spoke to the master tech, and said this can be done through settings, mentioned Scandinavian mode, ie all lights would be on when ignition is on. This would be 1/2 labour charge £45. Said nothing about additional parts or being suitable for xenons. Couldn't understand what the VW website was going on about, I think they need to look into it further as there is a charge of £69 and £88 for the same part number on the website, so perhaps there is more to it than just a change in settings.

Basically they don't have a clue. :scared: Quoting from the VW website "We promise that our Volkswagen experts receive the latest Volkswagen training and have instant access to Volkswagen tooling and Volkswagen technology. Because we love your car as much as you do.
." :signLOL:

Regards.

Offline vwdubster77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 08:46:51 pm »
Well just another update.

Contacted VW customer Services..... :signLOL: all I was able to get out of them was that I needed the kit costing £88, and a local dealer number for me to contact.....WELLL HELLLLOOOOOO.......... the dealers are non the wiser. Told them that they have two kits listed, both with different prices....needless to say still non the wiser other than contact the dealer. :fighting:

Spoke to the parts manager at my local dealer with part number for kit for Golf V with fogs, checked and came back with, software update for control module, unable to clarify if this is a setting change ie that can be done with VCDS or an actual software update and a certificate of conformaty just in case you get stopped by the boys in blue or MOT testers :confused:. Also added there is a new light switch that is fitted. As to which lights are activated was unable to comment, or if the kit was suitable for MK5's with Xenons. Couldn't give me the part number of the switch either.Now waiting for the senior tech to call me back.

My guess is the light switch is possibly like the Audi's where there is also a setting for DRL's

So heres waiting...

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 09:03:44 pm »
any one tried Scandinavian via VCDs?
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline vwdubster77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 09:24:38 pm »
any one tried Scandinavian via VCDs?

I think thats all the lights, front and rear.

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 09:48:02 pm »
Well just another update.

Contacted VW customer Services..... :signLOL: all I was able to get out of them was that I needed the kit costing £88, and a local dealer number for me to contact.....WELLL HELLLLOOOOOO.......... the dealers are non the wiser. Told them that they have two kits listed, both with different prices....needless to say still non the wiser other than contact the dealer. :fighting:

Spoke to the parts manager at my local dealer with part number for kit for Golf V with fogs, checked and came back with, software update for control module, unable to clarify if this is a setting change ie that can be done with VCDS or an actual software update and a certificate of conformaty just in case you get stopped by the boys in blue or MOT testers :confused:. Also added there is a new light switch that is fitted. As to which lights are activated was unable to comment, or if the kit was suitable for MK5's with Xenons. Couldn't give me the part number of the switch either.Now waiting for the senior tech to call me back.

My guess is the light switch is possibly like the Audi's where there is also a setting for DRL's

So heres waiting...
That sounding more like its the foglights replaced with DRL LEDs like the skoda fabia vRS has, and RedRobin also has. RedRobins thread  That would also explain the new light switch to remove the front foglight option.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:51:15 pm by Snoopy »
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline hkp

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 10:04:34 pm »
It sounds a bot cheap though to have the fogs replaced, and the light switch though? I asked the techs at Sheppards VW and they thought it was a mod to run the front dip beams on all the time, so yet another answer!  :grin: