Make a donation

Author Topic: Joes GT Sport  (Read 174705 times)

Offline darkside

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Joes GT Sport
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 12:14:57 pm »
The black and silver works well on this car, a set of black CHs will be a nice touch as well  :wink:

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 09:48:56 am »
think thats going to be one of the mods he does soon! will need lowering then though lol

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 06:51:20 pm »
The black and silver works well on this car, a set of black CHs will be a nice touch as well  :wink:

If i only had the cash and you were closer to me and id snap your hands off for them!

Has anyone seen this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380344350305&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT (sorry cant remember how to do hyperlinks)

Its meant to be a replacement for the GTI lower spoiler but it looks like the insert to me and its certainly cheaper compared to others! Iv bought from them before and quality of the bits are pretty good!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 10:39:05 pm »
so with the black and silver theme, im thinking that the honeycomb should stay as it is but the mirror bases, B-pillers, ariel and rear wiper arm should all be painted gloss black but joe is thinking matt or satin, what do you guys reckon?!

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 08:18:15 pm »
My ED30 front spoiler came today, nice one kiddfrost!  :happy2: Havent got any pics, going on holiday tomorrow so havent had time!  :jumpmove:

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 08:24:14 pm »
Right so its now time for an update! Iv been quite busy really, been on holiday in Turkey for a week! So onto the car:

First is my new ED30 front splitter from kiddfrost:

Its going for a repaint into silver with the insert being black!

Also got some sill protectors off ebay for cheap:

Then moved onto changing the red strip to:

Personally i love it! Its a bit of fun and not too be taken seriously! As there only stickers with lacquer over the top, water has got to them already so going to buy the vinyl sheet off ebay and re-do it!

My favourite buy so far........ CH Reps!!! Managed to bag 5 wheels for £300 and there all in amazing condition bar one scratch and some marks:

And finally a spare front grille and strip incase anything happens to mine! (Cheers dmellor!)

Future plans are to sticker bomb some interior stuff and then not sure!!

Thanks for reading

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 10:21:50 pm »
Looking good! Glad i helped lol

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 08:19:40 pm »
Well I've finally (hopefully) got my rear bumper sorted. I've never been happy with the bumper since I bought the car, its been painted very very badly.

I took it back to where I bought the car (Smith Knight Fay in Bolton) and the best they could do was attempt to machine polish it. They did this and managed to get through to the plastic underneath! Then he said he could re-paint it at a cost of £50, so I agreed with this. Booked the car in and got it back and they had only painted one bloody corner of the bumper! Not only was it a poor job, the colour didnt match, they had covered the car with overspray including all lights and also dripped some substance onto the plastic and it had eaten away at it!

I kicked up a fuss and eventually spoke to the customer services manager, who has been brilliant. He was shocked at how bad it was so I took my car in on Monday and its gone to some VW central repair place to be sorted properly! Im due to pick the car tomorrow as he wanted to make sure it was perfect. They are also going to refund me my £50 with some extra for my inconvenience and being messed around. Iv also been driving around in this for the past few days....

Its a 2.0 tdi with DSG (which i like at higher speeds, not so much with normal driving) cruise control (which is awesome) and a reversing camera (which is even more awesome!)

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 07:08:58 pm »
did I see u go past Leverhulme park bout 7pm, in the silver golf Joe???, if not u got a lucky likey :smiley:

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 07:41:40 pm »
Today? Nope not me!! Il hunt them down and get them, dont you worry!  :fighting:  :grin:

Well I've finally picked my car up! They have done a pretty good job actually! The paint has dimples in it on one side (crap in the paint / on the bumper???) but it actually matches the colour of the car!!!! They have also replaced the lower black part of the bumper for a better one! They are refunding me double what I gave them, a full tank of fuel, applied the vehicle paint protection and included the retail price protection (e.g. gap insurance) for free!!! They were wanting roughly £300-400 each when i bought the car!  :notworthy:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 07:50:52 pm »
result :happy2:, yep u got an imposter then , went past the park and turned right through Darcy lever

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 08:15:14 pm »
I'll keep an eye out for it if I'm over that side of town!

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2011, 08:41:25 pm »
nice to see your little projects coming along nicely, really love the sticker strip looks awesome and defiantly different!

just one quest was it hard to switch the grill or just a few bolts/pop off?

Joe

P.S Sick RS :evilgrin:
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2011, 09:14:35 pm »
nice to see your little projects coming along nicely, really love the sticker strip looks awesome and defiantly different!

just one quest was it hard to switch the grill or just a few bolts/pop off?

Joe

P.S Sick RS :evilgrin:

I've just had to get the strip re-done as the water got to the stickers and they started breaking up! Got a vinyl sheet this time though!

The top grill? Really easy, 2 bolts and 2 clips at the top and 2 screws underneath the number plate facing upwards at an angle!

The RS is my brothers, roughly 330bhp (i think?) but im sure he might be along in a bit if I've got it wrong!

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2011, 09:44:56 pm »
hello! yeah its my RS and its about where joe says 330bhp not had it rolling roaded recently!

joe will post some pics of his retrimmed grill surround soon.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:12:45 pm by RSam84 »