Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2591700 times)

Offline GTi-Nugget

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11505 on: June 21, 2019, 10:03:39 pm »
Deleted the oil filler neck, looks way neater.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #11506 on: June 23, 2019, 11:20:00 am »
Not today but over the course of the last week

Fitted.....

W-ALK
Bilstein B8
TTRS Top mounts
Passat Tie rod ends
Passat Ball Joints
Passat Alloy Hubs
FAGG Wheel bearings x2 (got for £54 each! which I thought was a bargain, and they came with new hub nuts)

Need to get the alignment done, but doesn't feel too bad.

S3/R Brakes will hopefully go on in the week.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 11:23:05 am by neilw »
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #11507 on: June 24, 2019, 04:26:21 pm »
Vali from www.roc-headlight.co.uk in Wembley paid me a visit and refurbished the headlights of my car. They were starting to oxidise and toothpaste didn’t make much of an impression so best call in the professionals. He was easy to deal with and did a great job. Recommended!

Offline JTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #11508 on: June 28, 2019, 10:37:10 pm »
Changed the Camshaft adjustment valve in a last ditch attempt to fix the misfire on my car but no joy. Have already done the coil pack and spark plugs so looks like it's off to the garage for a bigger job  :sad1:

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #11509 on: June 28, 2019, 10:48:34 pm »
Changed the Camshaft adjustment valve in a last ditch attempt to fix the misfire on my car but no joy. Have already done the coil pack and spark plugs so looks like it's off to the garage for a bigger job  :sad1:
Definitely a misfire? You pulled the fault codes?

Offline JTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11510 on: June 29, 2019, 12:23:30 am »

Only got a basic code reader but gives P0302 consistently. If it's injectors or fuel pump it's a bit beyond me tbh so will get it checked out, but open to suggestions as to what else it could be?

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #11511 on: June 29, 2019, 10:09:33 am »
I was getting a misfire only under hard acceleration, had carbon cleaned and new injectors didn’t solve the issue.
In the end was caused by blocked catalyst converter.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 675
« Reply #11512 on: June 29, 2019, 12:11:40 pm »
I'm surprised you didn't feel the lack of performance.  The back pressure was probably preventing the exhaust valves from closing.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #11513 on: June 29, 2019, 09:38:08 pm »
Yeah that was the other problem lack of power. Was making about 180bhp at best

Offline JTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11514 on: July 01, 2019, 09:56:05 pm »

Just to update, took it to a garage who seem certain it is the fuel injectors and have referred me on to another garage, which I have booked in for Thursday. They suggested to try a fuel injector cleaner so I picked up the most heavy duty one I could find at my local Euro Car Parts and gave it an Italian tuneup . On a couple of runs today it did drive normally again so I'm thinking it it may be dirty injectors rather than broken  :thinking:  Will see how it drives tomorrow.

Anyone here used an injector cleaning service? Any ideas cost wise?

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #11515 on: July 02, 2019, 12:30:04 am »

Just to update, took it to a garage who seem certain it is the fuel injectors and have referred me on to another garage, which I have booked in for Thursday. They suggested to try a fuel injector cleaner so I picked up the most heavy duty one I could find at my local Euro Car Parts and gave it an Italian tuneup . On a couple of runs today it did drive normally again so I'm thinking it it may be dirty injectors rather than broken  :thinking:  Will see how it drives tomorrow.

Anyone here used an injector cleaning service? Any ideas cost wise?

Search for The Fuel Injector Clinic on Facebook and contact them. The prices are listed on the page as well.

Offline gazza

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #11516 on: July 02, 2019, 07:06:33 pm »
Fitted new oem coils to stock 57 plate
Fitted new revision dv   - guess what old one was .......................perfect
Fitted new cam follower - guess what old one was ..................... perfect
Still on original exhaust !

Owned since new and never gone wrong in 12 years - mint condition
Was considering spending about 16 large getting a 3/4 yr old GTI - what does that get me compared to what I have ?...............Fek all

Offline GTi-Nugget

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #11517 on: July 02, 2019, 10:07:52 pm »
Fitted my boost gauge. Somewhat confirms my suspicion that the car might have been remapped at some point to stage1, ideally I want to push for as close to 300bhp as I can further down the line but first I need to finish the supporting mods and get the car back to looking good as there are several rusty bits and worn out interior plastic bits that need addressed.

Did my cam follower as car is on 144k miles and no record of being done before. Hilariously the old one looks pristine but changed anyway. Cam lobe looked good too which is a bonus.

GPS module fitted to MFD2, found perfect spot where i could wedge the module right below the top dash grill for the big top vent. Satnav works mint now and seems really accurate. USB socket is gonna be hardwired to power only and eventually I might add an aux input for the MFD2.

Next will be trying to resolve my only remaining OBD2 fault code which is for over-advanced timing I think it was the P0011 code.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 10:38:09 pm by GTi-Nugget »

willni

« Reply #11518 on: July 12, 2019, 10:21:05 am »
Repaired the G201 fault code with new ABS Pump Valve block from ECU testing on the Eddy, and took it off SORN for the summer  :smiley:

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #11519 on: July 17, 2019, 05:14:53 pm »
I picked up some CH029 Alloys from a German seller and dropped them off at Lepsons last week.

Picked them up and really pleased with the result, both inside

and out

As the original BBS colour is hard to match and they're going on a black car, I went with something a little darker than OEM, so Light Anthracite was my choice. Really pleased with Lepsons, dropped off Thursday and ready Tuesday.

Not sure when they'll go on, so in the loft for now :)

Stu
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)