Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2526948 times)

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11520 on: July 18, 2019, 04:29:50 pm »
Busy day at the garage today. Fresh oil & filter / general pre MOT checkover / new droplinks all round / rear wheel bearing / new cv outer boot / powerflex engine mount inserts.

Offline Chris_R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #11521 on: July 18, 2019, 04:36:52 pm »
Took on the front end, anti-lift kit fitted along with new ball joints and the front bush in the arms too. New bolts all round while we was at it.
I don't like that VW require you to remove the driveshaft to get at the ball joint though, that sucks

willni

« Reply #11522 on: July 18, 2019, 05:57:00 pm »
Fitted a new under bonnet insulation, as the old one was being torn apart by the MAF sensor. The new one has an indent for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #11523 on: July 18, 2019, 09:30:11 pm »
Fitted a new under bonnet insulation, as the old one was being torn apart by the MAF sensor. The new one has an indent for it.

How much was it if you don't mind me asking as I'm thinking of replacing mine as it keeps hanging down, do you have the part number?

willni

« Reply #11524 on: July 18, 2019, 09:37:13 pm »

How much was it if you don't mind me asking as I'm thinking of replacing mine as it keeps hanging down, do you have the part number?

It's a Euro part and I couldn't get it from TPS. Part Number - 1K0863831D - €65.04 excluding postage (€83.09 including postage).
https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/original-genuine-parts-volkswagen-vw-golf-5-other-bonnet-damping.htm

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11525 on: July 18, 2019, 11:46:41 pm »

Cheers mate, I never knew about that shop.  :happy2:

It's a Euro part and I couldn't get it from TPS. Part Number - 1K0863831D - €65.04 excluding postage (€83.09 including postage).
https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/original-genuine-parts-volkswagen-vw-golf-5-other-bonnet-damping.htm

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #11526 on: July 19, 2019, 11:19:10 pm »
Visited @Eddie-NL for a 3D cluster upgrade; very professional and knowledgable guy. He wasn't happy until I was happy. I'm really pleased with the result...

Next, get my GT front facelift done.
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #11527 on: July 25, 2019, 10:30:26 pm »
Head unit removed and weighed as the start of my weight loss project. 2.5 kgs down, more to come.

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #11528 on: July 26, 2019, 08:36:37 am »
MOT passed without any advisories.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #11529 on: July 26, 2019, 06:37:10 pm »

I did that a few years ago as I hated the look of the sagging original.  That heat reflective panel wasn't on the original liner on mine, so they've obviously improved it.  Not entirely sure what it's function is though as it's not above the turbo where all the heat is!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11530 on: July 26, 2019, 06:43:30 pm »

[img width=786 height=590]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190718/22e5be320245ba9ae5094c82b3c2cac5.jpg[/

I did that a few years ago as I hated the look of the sagging original.  That heat reflective panel wasn't on the original liner on mine, so they've obviously improved it.  Not entirely sure what it's function is though as it's not above the turbo where all the heat is!

Yes that's been puzzling me as well!

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #11531 on: July 27, 2019, 01:33:12 pm »
Decided to give my new OEM condenser some more protection. After 130,000 miles the old one is absolutely shot. Flies and everything else has eaten away at least 2 to 3 mm of fins and blocked the rest in all the areas that are in the airflow. Not sure how the inter-cooler and radiator actually manage to work to be honest. Bought some tin snips, stainless steel wire mesh and some cable ties. Drilled some convenient holes in the grille and cut out the shape. I think it looks great and should protect the condenser for longer. Just need to do the same on the upper grille now. The good thing is that if I feel flush I can just cut the cable ties and move it to a brand new grille at some point.

My only question is should I paint the aluminium black or leave it ? Most say don't bother as the heat transfer is by convection mostly and not radiation, so I think I am not going to bother  :smiley:

Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

Offline J66hhr

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #11532 on: July 28, 2019, 01:16:06 pm »
Fitted the calipers and new HEL lines.

TBH it's just nice to fit newer parts.

Suspension next I feel. Look at the state of the rust.

Straight fit?

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #11533 on: July 30, 2019, 12:16:08 am »

That under bonnet insulation is there because it's originally from the 1.4 TSI (twincharged) version. I guess VW decided to use it on all versions now.

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
Gave my Golf at GT facelift
« Reply #11534 on: July 30, 2019, 07:20:03 am »
I've been wanting to do this since I got my car, as the 4Motion comes in both GT and Sport versions (really just marketing I think) but neither had the GT front end and look very basic. I added all this to my car (all genuine second hand parts).

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 07:22:04 am by Stupots »
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)