Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527233 times)

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11745 on: January 06, 2020, 03:20:05 pm »
Just fitted new camshaft position sensor in an attempt to rid myself of an intermittent oil warning, car a new oil pressure sensor on Friday and that didn't solve the issue.

Interested to see the outcome. Mine has done this once and no issue was found with the oil or pressure etc so no idea what caused it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the old one was covered in loads of mud like oil

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 61
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
« Reply #11746 on: January 06, 2020, 09:07:52 pm »
Isn't the bonnet catch something to do with the oil light  too - or is that just the level indicator?

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11747 on: January 07, 2020, 10:48:23 am »
Isn't the bonnet catch something to do with the oil light  too - or is that just the level indicator?

I think that's just the oil level

Offline Cozza

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #11748 on: January 07, 2020, 04:08:24 pm »
Just changed the DV on my edition 30 for a rev G, turns out it was running Rev C  :doh: which I can imagine was not complimenting the stage 2+ software. Anyway new one fitted, now the cars feeling much more responsive! :happy2:

Offline Rossimac

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90767.0.html
« Reply #11749 on: January 07, 2020, 06:57:53 pm »
Just changed the DV on my edition 30 for a rev G, turns out it was running Rev C  :doh: which I can imagine was not complimenting the stage 2+ software. Anyway new one fitted, now the cars feeling much more responsive! :happy2:

Was the C torn at all? I thought if it wasn't torn, it'd be comparable performance to a G as it's able to hold the boost pressure. Maybe someone can correct me that there's more of a difference than this!

Offline Cozza

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #11750 on: January 08, 2020, 11:19:18 am »

Was the C torn at all? I thought if it wasn't torn, it'd be comparable performance to a G as it's able to hold the boost pressure. Maybe someone can correct me that there's more of a difference than this!

After further inspection the C did not appear to be torn at all. Was replaced due to getting almost constant intake flutter on lift off, which has now been resolved by fitting the G. So that suggests the C was not performing right. I am told the G holds boost better and on the test drive with it installed it did feel more responsive. Placebo effect? Maybe. Either way I thought I’d share my experience.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 11:21:59 am by Cozza »

Offline maxamplitude10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
  • '07' ED30 Manual 3Dr
    • Email
« Reply #11751 on: January 10, 2020, 02:24:08 pm »
07 Plate Ed30 111k

3rd Cambelt Change and additional work!!!!

New OEM Cambelt, Waterpump, Main Thermostat, Ribbed belt, Fresh filters and oil all replaced

#Preventative Maintenance

Max

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #11752 on: January 10, 2020, 02:29:34 pm »
Had the DSG Oil & Filter changed! Car has just hit 42k so was just overdue, although Im still very skeptical about there being no time limit on this service, just mileage. The gunk in there would have been 12+ years old!

Gear changes feel smoother although it hasnt cured the slight jerkiness in first/reverse so definitely going to need mechatronics at some point I reckon!  :indifferent:

Offline corradovr6

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #11753 on: January 10, 2020, 02:52:00 pm »
took it for a quick blast to the chip shop in the nice weather

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11754 on: January 10, 2020, 04:08:32 pm »
Had the DSG Oil & Filter changed! Car has just hit 42k so was just overdue, although Im still very skeptical about there being no time limit on this service, just mileage. The gunk in there would have been 12+ years old!

Gear changes feel smoother although it hasnt cured the slight jerkiness in first/reverse so definitely going to need mechatronics at some point I reckon!  :indifferent:

I do my DSG service myself with the correct VW parts. The oil I drained out of the gearbox in November was 2.5 years/30k miles old and it looked a lot murkier than the fresh stuff I replaced it with.

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #11755 on: January 10, 2020, 04:47:10 pm »

I do my DSG service myself with the correct VW parts. The oil I drained out of the gearbox in November was 2.5 years/30k miles old and it looked a lot murkier than the fresh stuff I replaced it with.

Yeah, thats why Im surprised its only recommended on mileage, not time. Had mine done at the local VW dealership for peace of mind (and the stamp in the book!)

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11756 on: January 12, 2020, 09:31:44 pm »
Crankshaft position sensor. Like trying to steal a yorkie out of a vending machine

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #11757 on: January 13, 2020, 02:10:49 pm »
New Varta Heavy Duty Silver battery installed. Car is much more happier for it.

Offline maxamplitude10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
  • '07' ED30 Manual 3Dr
    • Email
« Reply #11758 on: January 15, 2020, 01:44:09 pm »
Removed front wheel arch liners, jet washed it all out and waxoiled everything I could see made of steel, replaced liners!!!
I was amazed how much crud was jammed into the crevices in front of the sill...

#preventative maintenance

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11759 on: January 15, 2020, 02:37:55 pm »
Front Boxster calipers fitted with HEL braided lines and Ferrodo ds2000 pads and some drilled and grooved discs.

I bought the calipers from the US of States as even including delivery it was still cheaper than getting a pair off ebay. I refurbished and sprayed them myself as I couldn't justify the cost of BCS or Bigg Redd doing them.