Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527837 times)

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11040 on: April 07, 2018, 08:29:48 pm »

Been working on ChristianK’s Passat CC climate control retrofit mod, should hopefully be right when fully dry tomorrow (it’s sanded perfectly flat it’s just the ripple in the paint while it dries).

Needless to say I wish I paid someone to do it for me . Also ordered the actual climate dials for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great mate! Trust me once you install it you will think it was worth every second spend on this frame!  :jumpmove:
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
« Reply #11041 on: April 07, 2018, 09:40:28 pm »
Replaced the main thermostat, what an absolute pig of a job, everything fought me :fighting: I just hope it cures the low gauge reading and I've not caused any leaks, never ever again  :doh: trust me people, pay someone else to do it. :phew:

willni

« Reply #11042 on: April 09, 2018, 06:32:47 pm »
Service items arrived 6L of Millers Nano Oil, air filter, 1 spark plug and a smashed oil filter... I had ordered 4 sparks so I guess they were left out, and I didn't know I had to specify unsmashed for the oil filter  :sad1:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:45:43 pm by willni »

Offline ali

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #11043 on: April 10, 2018, 10:35:55 am »
got some of the things done now on the list

1.   Rev G DV put in   (old one wasnt split very surprised)
2.   Had to remove HID lights and conversion kit replaced back to standard lights
3.   Cam follower   O Ring  and  Fuel Filter all replaced   (fuel filter cover was a bitch all rusty)
4.   Cam belt and water pump done
5..  Air filter and serviced
6.   New battery

Thats me skint now for month  ha    next on the list to do is to remove the top cat from exhaust

willni

« Reply #11044 on: April 10, 2018, 06:55:35 pm »
Finally got my headlight washer bumper moulds paint and fitted them today only took me a few months

Then followed by a quick engine bay clean

Offline Rossimac

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90767.0.html
« Reply #11045 on: April 11, 2018, 08:41:44 am »
They look great Will!

willni

« Reply #11046 on: April 11, 2018, 08:57:28 am »
They look great Will!

Cheers Ross, old covers had changed colour a bit so these match the rest of the bumper too which is a bonus!

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #11047 on: April 11, 2018, 06:35:36 pm »
Picked it up from Statller after having a few bits done and a good chin wag with Steve as usual.

Clubsport S discs with brand new calipers and pads. New cam follower. Fixed a split/popped clutch valve thingy. Dropped the oil etc. Boring preventative maintenance really, but I think these cars are now getting to the age you've got to commit to that and spend some money, or move on.

Next trip around summer will be a big service and fuel filter, oil pickup, potentially chain tensioner. Then maybe some fun bits.

The usual top service and standards from Statller. I'll always vouch for these guys. They've never let me down or scratched their heads at a job.

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #11048 on: April 12, 2018, 11:58:28 pm »
Picked it up from Statller after having a few bits done and a good chin wag with Steve as usual.

Clubsport S discs with brand new calipers and pads. New cam follower. Fixed a split/popped clutch valve thingy. Dropped the oil etc. Boring preventative maintenance really, but I think these cars are now getting to the age you've got to commit to that and spend some money, or move on.

Next trip around summer will be a big service and fuel filter, oil pickup, potentially chain tensioner. Then maybe some fun bits.

The usual top service and standards from Statller. I'll always vouch for these guys. They've never let me down or scratched their heads at a job.
They are good! I'm their Monday for timing belt lol j ed30

Offline JTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #11049 on: April 14, 2018, 11:44:25 am »
Front springs and bushes done last week, got advised that drivers side cv clip had come off and brake disc had corroded!  :surprised:

Fortunately on further inspection today they meant the dust guard and not brake disc  :doh:

CV boot looks in good condition also so will just re-grease and re-clip.

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #11050 on: April 14, 2018, 08:26:50 pm »
I am being eco friendly and saving the planet by growing some trees, I also cleaned my pipe out  :innocent:

That design of the front wheel arch liner has to have been a Monday morning job its a soil magnet!!! If you havent done it yet... spend a few hours in your wheel arch... its very therapeutic knowing how clean it is afterwards and I am sure I can get 0.05 mpg more now with the weight loss.

My journey around all four wheel arches continues...

Rip.
Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #11051 on: April 14, 2018, 09:56:30 pm »
This irritated me every time I happened to look through my grill so it had to be painted

Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #11052 on: April 14, 2018, 10:24:25 pm »
This irritated me every time I happened to look through my grill so it had to be painted

You had front end repair once, right? I hit a racoon and the new bumper was done the same way but I made them redo it in black since they were not aware it would show and neglected to mask it over. Nice work there.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:26:06 pm by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #11053 on: April 14, 2018, 11:07:21 pm »
I am being eco friendly and saving the planet by growing some trees, I also cleaned my pipe out  :innocent:

That design of the front wheel arch liner has to have been a Monday morning job its a soil magnet!!! If you havent done it yet... spend a few hours in your wheel arch... its very therapeutic knowing how clean it is afterwards and I am sure I can get 0.05 mpg more now with the weight loss.

My journey around all four wheel arches continues...

Rip.

Good work! Amazing the amount of crud that builds up behind there!

What’s that pipe hanging out of the petrol cap area?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #11054 on: April 15, 2018, 12:01:40 am »
What’s that pipe hanging out of the petrol cap area?

That my friend is the little known drain hole for water in your fuel filler recess. I never knew I had one until I took the inner arch off and saw a dangling pipe!! :smiley: It was full of old petrol and grit, so wasn't actually doing anything
Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.