Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527278 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11655 on: October 05, 2019, 11:13:33 am »
That’s not plug related. Get ya map checked bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is before I changed plugs it was fine? Literally done like 8k since mapping and all was fine

What plugs did you put in out of interest?  I'd pull them out, check they didn't accidentally get knocked (closing the gap up), put them back in, push the coils down firmly and check the connectors click fully home etc.  It does seem to be related to the plug job, so double check it all.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Matimcfet

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #11656 on: October 05, 2019, 11:16:05 am »

Thing is before I changed plugs it was fine? Literally done like 8k since mapping and all was fine

What plugs did you put in out of interest?  I'd pull them out, check they didn't accidentally get knocked (closing the gap up), put them back in, push the coils down firmly and check the connectors click fully home etc.  It does seem to be related to the plug job, so double check it all.

Got bosch plugs but ngk-r are what came out of it, may be related but a few weeks back my eml started flashing at me which is usually a misfire issue, i pushed the coil packs in as far as I could and the light went off and thought changing the sparks would fix this? Maybe coils are on the way out? Although sure previous owner said they had only just been done

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #11657 on: October 05, 2019, 11:30:59 am »

Got bosch plugs but ngk-r are what came out of it, may be related but a few weeks back my eml started flashing at me which is usually a misfire issue, i pushed the coil packs in as far as I could and the light went off and thought changing the sparks would fix this? Maybe coils are on the way out? Although sure previous owner said they had only just been done

That's your answer then.  The Bosch plugs are known to cause problems and is why VW ditched them in favour of NGKs some years back  :happy2:

Use either of these and it should solve your problem.

OEM plugs, £9 each - https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=9940

Iridiums, £9 each - https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=9352

If you suspect the coils, get another set of reds from AKS tuning or Awesome as they're cheap.

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #11658 on: October 06, 2019, 11:43:03 am »
Continuing the spark plug theme... I changed mine for some new OEM ones. I gave the others a good life for 35,000 miles and yes they are worn but still functional and pretty clean. I am still running a standard car  :smiley: but with Stage 1 on the horizon its time to prep. Thought you might like to see what old ones looked like. PFR7S8EG 1675

Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

Offline DaveyBoyWonder

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #11659 on: October 06, 2019, 09:38:26 pm »
Brake pads done, got 2 bust sockets so couldn't get the carriers off to do the discs too...

Porsche and Forge caps on the engine bay, smooth front grill and debadge the whole car.

Drivers side shock leaking so new suspension needs to be sorted. Do I go AP or save money and go Stance?

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #11660 on: October 07, 2019, 07:50:32 am »
Brake pads done, got 2 bust sockets so couldn't get the carriers off to do the discs too...

Porsche and Forge caps on the engine bay, smooth front grill and debadge the whole car.

Drivers side shock leaking so new suspension needs to be sorted. Do I go AP or save money and go Stance?

How are you going to attach the reg plate?

Offline DaveyBoyWonder

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #11661 on: October 07, 2019, 08:25:21 am »

How are you going to attach the reg plate?

Currently with self adhesive backed Velcro. Looking at magnets behind the grill as an option though...

Offline Matimcfet

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11662 on: October 08, 2019, 08:43:02 pm »
Anyone interested in bcs turbo back powervalve “sports” system with 200 cell cat or a forge twintake? Exhaust only fits k04 ed 30 but twintake fits gti/ed30/6r

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #11663 on: October 08, 2019, 08:57:49 pm »
Anyone interested in bcs turbo back powervalve “sports” system with 200 cell cat or a forge twintake? Exhaust only fits k04 ed 30 but twintake fits gti/ed30/6r

You’ll have a lot of interest Id imagine mate. How much you after for them?

Offline Matimcfet

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11664 on: October 08, 2019, 08:59:53 pm »
As per rules people will have to message me if interested as I’m not technically aloud to sell in this section! Unfortunately Im not qualified enough to post a for sale advert due to my post count though no winning

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #11665 on: October 09, 2019, 09:52:22 am »

System will fit the GTi Mk5 Ko3 and also the Scirocco 2.0 TSi  :happy2:

Offline Matimcfet

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11666 on: October 09, 2019, 10:56:40 pm »

Ahh excellent thanks Nige!

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #11667 on: October 11, 2019, 08:59:09 am »

Ahh excellent thanks Nige!

@ Matimcfet I sent a PM enquiring about the exhaust

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #11668 on: October 11, 2019, 01:50:19 pm »
Continuing the spark plug theme... I changed mine for some new OEM ones. I gave the others a good life for 35,000 miles and yes they are worn but still functional and pretty clean. I am still running a standard car  :smiley: but with Stage 1 on the horizon its time to prep. Thought you might like to see what old ones looked like. PFR7S8EG 1675

Looking good.  The left most plug looks spot on, but the other 3 show signs of oil burning (white crusty deposits).  What's your consumption like?  Not that it matters really as TFSIs are just oil burners full stop  :grin:

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=17tmg7oif629ote30hslecjlk7&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #11669 on: October 12, 2019, 08:27:23 pm »
This was an absolute PITA. Still have three to do and don't feel like starting them.

You will notice that there is now no tweeter, the rear speakers were not connected anyway. It disintegrated when i tried to remove it.

I heated the plastic welds to split the trimmed piece then reheated pushed the two pieces of plastic together and blasted with the compressor to cool. In places i also melted the plastic from the tweeter on top to give a bit more strength. Will let you know if/when it fails.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG