Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 1297434 times)

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 454
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11715 on: November 08, 2019, 05:13:38 PM »
Booked myself in for an early Christmas present - R-Tech Stage 1, Pre-CAT delete, injector clean and Walnut blast on my Eddy.   :party: Oh boy I really cant wait. The only downside? a bloody early start in the morning and I hate early mornings. Car has never been tuned before.

Done most of the prepping I think I need in the last year or so, Serviced, Oil pickup and pan clean, New plugs, Cam follower, Cam chain, DV, PCV, New Condenser, BCS Cat back... did I miss anything? I am keeping the standard intake and air filter for now because I like OEM but I may be convinced to get an ITG panel. Jury's out for now.

But not long to wait, 4 weeks !!! and counting  :party:

Fuel filter, if it's really old.  You don't want any LPFP supply issues on the day.  Just a precaution and it doesn't hurt to change them annually anyway to prolong pump life.  Pump fuel is filthy!

You might like to try a Pipercross dry foam filter.  Cheap as chips, no risk of MAF contamination and I can detect improved breathing at higher rpms, but it's not a massive difference.
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #11716 on: November 08, 2019, 07:05:58 PM »
Booked myself in for an early Christmas present - R-Tech Stage 1, Pre-CAT delete, injector clean and Walnut blast on my Eddy.   :party: Oh boy I really cant wait. The only downside? a bloody early start in the morning and I hate early mornings. Car has never been tuned before.

Done most of the prepping I think I need in the last year or so, Serviced, Oil pickup and pan clean, New plugs, Cam follower, Cam chain, DV, PCV, New Condenser, BCS Cat back... did I miss anything? I am keeping the standard intake and air filter for now because I like OEM but I may be convinced to get an ITG panel. Jury's out for now.

I stayed in the Premier Inn about 2 miles away for £30, and drove down the evening before.

Mines got the standard airbox with APR filter and BCS TB with sports cat so pretty similar and it made it 321hp
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:10:37 PM by neilw »
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #11717 on: November 08, 2019, 11:26:24 PM »
Fuel filter, if it's really old.  You don't want any LPFP supply issues on the day.  Just a precaution and it doesn't hurt to change them annually anyway to prolong pump life.  Pump fuel is filthy!

Cheers Pudding... need to check that before I go. I know its got the uprated version so its been changed at some point but no harm in doing it again.

I stayed in the Premier Inn about 2 miles away for £30, and drove down the evening before.

Mines got the standard airbox with APR filter and BCS TB with sports cat so pretty similar and it made it 321hp

@neilw  Now that's a good idea and I can dream of 320  :smiley: Its a 2 hour drive for me but they want me at 8:00am so a good call and will avoid any motorway nightmares.
Standard 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic. The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #11718 on: November 09, 2019, 11:25:00 AM »

Cheers Pudding... need to check that before I go. I know its got the uprated version so its been changed at some point but no harm in doing it again.

@neilw  Now that's a good idea and I can dream of 320  :smiley: Its a 2 hour drive for me but they want me at 8:00am so a good call and will avoid any motorway nightmares.

Yeh I dropped the car in at 8 and walked back to the Premier inn (about 40-45mins) and got a mack'ds breakfast and chilled as check out wasn't until 12, then walked back to r-tech.
Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 454
« Reply #11719 on: November 09, 2019, 11:31:31 AM »

That's what mine also made but with the factory cat back. 320ish hp seems to be the ceiling for the standard airbox but for the sake of another 15-20hp, I wasn't prepared to put up with the noises and fitment issues of aftermarket intakes!

It's funny really, a certain well known parts supplier refused to map mine to Revo 2+ unless it had an intake on it.  Good to see R-Tech will oblige customers with standard hardware.  That's when I fitted the revo intake, got it mapped, then took it off.  Bugger all difference in terms of power, going by my bum dyno  :grin:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 11:34:40 AM by Pudding »
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.

Offline D6VCL

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11720 on: November 13, 2019, 12:00:29 AM »
Fitted this little gem in readiness for eco boost gauge

Hi where did you get the pod from? Thanks
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline titchy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #11721 on: November 13, 2019, 07:10:20 PM »
A guy asked me to look at his car said he had a drumming  noise I took the Tom Tom off the windscreen drumming gone[don't work with Garmin]