Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527633 times)

Offline Second

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11805 on: March 18, 2020, 01:36:44 pm »
Just picked up my car after having the LSD fitted and holy sh*t... what a difference! I can actually make use of the cars power most of the time now; not just when I’m driving in a straight line. Quite a surreal feeling having never experienced an LSD before. The feeling of it slingshotting you through corners is extremely addictive - gives you so much more confidence (maybe too much!). Expensive, but considering I plan on keeping the car for a long time, it’s definitely worth it to me. 

Offline GTI DAZ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: Previous: Mk7.5 Fiesta ST, Current: None, future: MK5 GTI
« Reply #11806 on: March 18, 2020, 03:54:57 pm »
Just picked up my car after having the LSD fitted and holy sh*t... what a difference! I can actually make use of the cars power most of the time now; not just when I’m driving in a straight line. Quite a surreal feeling having never experienced an LSD before. The feeling of it slingshotting you through corners is extremely addictive - gives you so much more confidence (maybe too much!). Expensive, but considering I plan on keeping the car for a long time, it’s definitely worth it to me.

What diff and how much if you dont mind me asking? its something i was planning for this whole virus nonses,

calipers turned up today, from SSL on ebay, look like a good rebuild, will see at the weekend when i fit them.

Offline Second

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #11807 on: March 18, 2020, 04:25:04 pm »
What diff and how much if you dont mind me asking? its something i was planning for this whole virus nonses,

Quaife ATB Helical LSD w/ bolts + bearings £888
VAG Transmission Oil £90
Labour (remove gearbox, install lsd + refit gearbox) £600

Total = £1578 (including VAT)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:34:09 pm by Second »

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #11808 on: March 20, 2020, 08:30:33 pm »

Good to know.  Giving it beans off a roundabout in 2nd or 3rd causes big time ignition cut.  Does the LSD fix that?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Second

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #11809 on: March 20, 2020, 09:08:12 pm »
Good to know.  Giving it beans off a roundabout in 2nd or 3rd causes big time ignition cut.  Does the LSD fix that?

That's the reason I decided to bite the bullet on the LSD! I'd got seriously sick of dealing with those ignition cuts all the time; it really zaps the fun out of driving. It's nice knowing your car has xxx bhp, but when you can't make use of it, what's the point? The LSD has pretty much gotten rid of those nasty ignition cuts entirely. Give it the beans out of a roundabout and you can feel the wheel with all the traction just pull you on through. Completly different beast :smiley:

Offline ljc19630

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #11810 on: March 21, 2020, 08:08:16 am »

That's the reason I decided to bite the bullet on the LSD! I'd got seriously sick of dealing with those ignition cuts all the time; it really zaps the fun out of driving. It's nice knowing your car has xxx bhp, but when you can't make use of it, what's the point? The LSD has pretty much gotten rid of those nasty ignition cuts entirely. Give it the beans out of a roundabout and you can feel the wheel with all the traction just pull you on through. Completly different beast :smiley:
Interesting post. When my ko4 conversion was done by R-Tech Niki also re mapped the DSG & TC. Now when I nail it off roundabouts in 2/3 gear NO IGNITION CUT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #11811 on: March 21, 2020, 11:44:59 am »

Sweet, good to hear it works well  :happy2:  Not sure whether to go with the infamous bacon quiche or the Wavey trac.  I had a quiche in my old Corrado VR6 Turbo and it was pretty much useless, but it had a LOT of torque to deal with  :grin:   The difference is the wavetrac still locks when 1 wheel has no grip at all, whereas the quaife doesn't.  You notice that more over winter though.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Second

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #11812 on: March 21, 2020, 08:10:58 pm »
Interesting post. When my ko4 conversion was done by R-Tech Niki also re mapped the DSG & TC. Now when I nail it off roundabouts in 2/3 gear NO IGNITION CUT

My car has Niki’s TIV Traction mapping as well. Don’t get me wrong, it manages traction loss a hell of a lot better than the stock traction control, but I would still get ignition cuts if I was giving it the beans on turn in and the roads were even slightly damp/cold. The TIV traction control actually works alongside the LSD quite nicely (even with being mapped in prior to the LSD). I’d turn if off if I went on the track and was giving it 110%, but I rarely feel the need to turn it off on the road.

Sweet, good to hear it works well  :happy2:  Not sure whether to go with the infamous bacon quiche or the Wavey trac.  I had a quiche in my old Corrado VR6 Turbo and it was pretty much useless, but it had a LOT of torque to deal with  :grin:   The difference is the wavetrac still locks when 1 wheel has no grip at all, whereas the quaife doesn't.  You notice that more over winter though.

I was seriously considering the Wavetrac, but it would of been a lot more expensive and the place I went to have the LSD fitted didn’t supply Wavetrac LSD’s. I enquired at AKS Tuning a while back and they were quoting £500 more in labour and the wavetrac was almost another £400 over the Quaife. I’m sure it is a better performing LSD overall, but I am very satisfied with the Quaife.

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #11813 on: March 23, 2020, 07:12:43 pm »
Installed a new headlight assembly-left side. Old one was clear but has a few cracks in the lens. Wasn't leaking, but wanted it looking better. Also replaced the right wheel well low-forward liner and belly pan. Height adjustment is done...a drive in the dark will confirm if it is correct both for height and side-to-side.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 07:58:20 pm by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline HJJKO

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11814 on: March 24, 2020, 10:18:19 am »
All there is to do in the Coronavirus outbrake! Clean clean and clean the hell out of it! im not done yet!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline titchy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #11815 on: March 24, 2020, 12:46:00 pm »
Been out with the G3 the Autoglym silicone  resin and extra gloss and polisher and lots of microfibre cloths

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #11816 on: March 25, 2020, 06:49:51 am »
Been out with the G3 the Autoglym silicone  resin and extra gloss and polisher and lots of microfibre cloths

Pics or it didn't happen!  :happy2:
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)

Offline titchy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11817 on: March 25, 2020, 09:29:40 am »
Not got the hang of posting pics

Offline titchy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11818 on: March 25, 2020, 06:49:24 pm »
pic on facebook

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #11819 on: March 25, 2020, 09:09:29 pm »
Not got the hang of posting pics
I use flickr. When I switched from PB to Flickr I had to set up a Yahoo account...I think you do not need to do that anymore. I and many others used Photobucket before they made it not free. https://help.flickr.com/en_us/sign-up-for-a-flickr-account-B1Mc3mskX

Once you have a flickr page; you just open one of your pics, then find and select the share arrow to find the link in BBCode...copy the link and paste it in your post.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:20:37 pm by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1