Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2526888 times)

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11895 on: July 27, 2020, 02:45:23 pm »
@richtung pics or it didn't happen ;)
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #11896 on: July 27, 2020, 03:13:21 pm »
Over the last few days I added another 5BHP in the form of some internal go faster mods. Been looking at this for a while but Richard W on Facebook sorted me out with a deal on at the moment for the mats. The OEM bonnet sound proofing came from Germany I think and I felt it was a nice cheapish fix for a grotty sagging, mouse modified bonnet sound proofing (Zoom into the picture). I think the mats are great and very good quality. The new bonnet sound proofing is a nice tight fit and fits with my semi OCD approach to this cars maintenance.

Next on my list is wings and wheel refurb. Still not sure on 2nd hand wings or new from RPS with additional paint job? I prefer the latter option tbh.

Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #11897 on: July 28, 2020, 12:40:20 pm »
Picked up the ED30 from the bodyshop this morning.  Had brand new genuine front wings painted and fitted, front doors blended in as well as rust on rear passenger arch sorted.

Rich

What was the cost of all the, and the breakdown?

I got quoted £1400 for new wings painted and blended - as you can see a few posts up I went for second hand wings fitted for £350 all in because this is my daily that I'm putting 20k on a year over the last four years, so it's now on n 115,000 miles I don't justify big bills on making it look 100% pretty, but  could justify 1/4 of the cost for 90% of the look - they look pretty good but definitely aren't perfect, but then neither is the rest of the car so it foes blend well!

I have a bit of rust on my rear arch (really really small but I'm keeping an eye) so would be interested to know what you paid to sort it

Wings were £241 delivered from RPS Online.
Painting of wings, fitting and blending in door was £550
Repair and paint of rear arch was £150

Hope this helps.

Richard

I got a similar price for mine doing last week too. £900 if I was to get the bumper and bonnet done at the same time though I'm not sure if I'll go that far as its getting on a bit now

Offline El1M1N8OR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6ut5pl2d2bpnpt062bfqqrusn5&/topic,127700.msg1139562.html#msg1139562
« Reply #11898 on: August 08, 2020, 05:57:00 pm »
Applied GTechniq C4 Plastic trim restorer to my faded grill and wiper arms.  Definitely made a huge difference.

Would recommed.

Offline GPem3:16

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #11899 on: August 09, 2020, 11:00:11 pm »
Finally got my headlight washer bumper moulds paint and fitted them today only took me a few months

Then followed by a quick engine bay clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any tips on how u got that soooooo clean

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

willni

« Reply #11900 on: August 10, 2020, 03:14:34 pm »
Finally got my headlight washer bumper moulds paint and fitted them today only took me a few months

Then followed by a quick engine bay clean

Any tips on how u got that soooooo clean

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

The engine or the paint? Because I polished it after now it's a mirror  :wink:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #11901 on: August 11, 2020, 12:29:41 am »
I replaced both rear arch liners after procrastinating for three months. Both liners were wore through a tiny bit at the outer, center, portion of the liners from way back when I first mounted the current wheels with the 8mm spacers I was running with the oem 18s. I quickly removed those spacers but the damage was already done. That was nine years ago. So, I didn't take pics but what I found wasn't bad at all. No rust and just 1.5 to 2 inches of accumulated debris behind the liners where the liner ended at the forward edge of the liner. Sucked all that out with the shop-vac and installed the new liners.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline TwebbGBC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11902 on: August 12, 2020, 12:47:13 am »
Over the last few days I added another 5BHP in the form of some internal go faster mods. Been looking at this for a while but Richard W on Facebook sorted me out with a deal on at the moment for the mats. The OEM bonnet sound proofing came from Germany I think and I felt it was a nice cheapish fix for a grotty sagging, mouse modified bonnet sound proofing (Zoom into the picture). I think the mats are great and very good quality. The new bonnet sound proofing is a nice tight fit and fits with my semi OCD approach to this cars maintenance.

Next on my list is wings and wheel refurb. Still not sure on 2nd hand wings or new from RPS with additional paint job? I prefer the latter option tbh.

Got a link for the Bonnet Sound Proofing? Mine came back as an advisory type thing when I got it serviced. Been meaning to get round to it since I got it serviced in January

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11903 on: August 12, 2020, 11:33:19 am »
Finally got round to replacing the 3rd brake light after putting it off for so long. Can't believe I didn’t do it sooner as it only took 15 mins.

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 61
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
« Reply #11904 on: August 12, 2020, 08:04:55 pm »
I've got one to fit to mine. it's been in the door pocket 2.5 years since I bought the car! Was it that easy?   :jumping:

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11905 on: August 13, 2020, 09:07:02 am »
@GVK probably had mine just as long :signLOL: Yeah it really is that easy, there's a few videos on youtube to help. Just take your time and use plastic trim tools

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #11906 on: August 14, 2020, 05:13:41 pm »
Bought mine and fitted it the same day.  I just hate things not working!! It boggles my OCD.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11907 on: August 17, 2020, 09:15:24 am »
I know what you mean but as I couldn't see it, it was easy to ignore  :grin:

my leaking windscreen wash bottle on the other hand...

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #11908 on: August 21, 2020, 04:47:17 pm »
I know what you mean but as I couldn't see it, it was easy to ignore  :grin:

my leaking windscreen wash bottle on the other hand...

Funny you mention that.  After some front bumper work on mine I noticed dripping down by the driver's side wheel after refitting it.  Long story short after removing the bumper several times to check the pipework......turned out I hadn't quite clipped the main pump > xenon washer hose in properly  :doh:  Literally had to spin that clippy thing around a few degrees and it solved it.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline fakie1977

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #11909 on: August 21, 2020, 05:28:05 pm »
Not today (was yesterday) but went for a near 4 hour drive out to the autobahn so I can run it on the derestricted part. Too much traffic to get near top speed but did hit some speed which was tracked on my OBD scanner. Annoyed I didn’t get it over 130 though. My S6 hits silly speeds very very easily though.