Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2528609 times)

Offline Jons1001

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 7
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11985 on: January 18, 2021, 03:18:31 pm »
Removed the decat downpipe and sent it to the welders to have a 200 cell sports car welded in. I'm hoping;

1. It will pass mot
2. It will be quieter

Now the big question and one I'm getting split opinions on is will the current map that's on the car need to be altered after going from decat to sports cat? If it does and I carry on driving it what is likely to happen?

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #11986 on: January 18, 2021, 04:09:45 pm »
Managed to fail my MOT due to the indicator repeater in door mirror not working. Bolx!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=jnsfql8g7b4i1v0d8ans7089b6&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #11987 on: January 18, 2021, 04:43:01 pm »
Managed to fail my MOT due to the indicator repeater in door mirror not working. Bolx!

Ive had that before on the wife's 1 series.. Luckily they are cheap and easy to fit.

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #11988 on: January 18, 2021, 05:52:27 pm »
Yeah is now all sorted and pass cert issued.

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 62
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
« Reply #11989 on: January 18, 2021, 07:41:09 pm »
How often would you put 2 cans in the tank?
Best to put them in after you have filled up?

Instructions say can be mixed at any time 300ml treats up to 70 litres.

Pudding's 2 in one tank must be like a double Jager bomb. :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 07:52:26 pm by GVK »

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #11990 on: January 18, 2021, 09:20:01 pm »

Instructions say can be mixed at any time 300ml treats up to 70 litres.

Pudding's 2 in one tank must be like a double Jager bomb. :)

:signLOL:

Cheers, any idea how often you need to put 1 or 2 in?

Offline OldGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #11991 on: January 18, 2021, 09:22:04 pm »
I got mine from Amazon.

Ya.  Amazon do a 12 pack for £63.  Works out at £5.25 a can. 

I've found 2 tins per tank works really well. Super smooth idle, quick starting and punchy boost/top end.  God knows what rare earth, wizadry chemicals they put in it, but it seems to work.

And VCDS concurs.  When I had iffy idling, lengthy cranks followed by stumbly startups, and stuttery/hunty part throttle cruising, my long term trims (block 032) were around 2%, but after a few tins of liquiMoly, the trims are now 0%.  Can't get any better than that  :smiley:

It really isn't snake oil.  If your injectors are old, it's worth a go.  If you don't notice a difference, your injectors are OK and all you've lost is £5 - £7 trying it.

I normally put additives in then fill up as I feel it mixes it all up better but it is just my theory.

Offline GVK

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 62
    • GVKmotorsport
    • Email
« Reply #11992 on: January 18, 2021, 11:35:51 pm »
Reminds me of Neil on the Inbetweeners, when he mixes sleeping pills, cough syrup and wine.

"It all gets mixed up in my belly"  :P

Seriously though instructions just state:

"One 300 ml can is sufficient for up to 70 liters of fuel. This product is effective over 2,000 km. Injection Cleaner can be mixed with fuel at any time since mixing is spontaneous. "
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 11:43:56 pm by GVK »

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11993 on: January 19, 2021, 09:41:13 am »
 :signLOL:
 :happy2:

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11994 on: January 19, 2021, 11:36:00 am »
I got mine from Amazon.

Ya.  Amazon do a 12 pack for £63.  Works out at £5.25 a can. 

I've found 2 tins per tank works really well. Super smooth idle, quick starting and punchy boost/top end.  God knows what rare earth, wizadry chemicals they put in it, but it seems to work.

And VCDS concurs.  When I had iffy idling, lengthy cranks followed by stumbly startups, and stuttery/hunty part throttle cruising, my long term trims (block 032) were around 2%, but after a few tins of liquiMoly, the trims are now 0%.  Can't get any better than that  :smiley:

It really isn't snake oil.  If your injectors are old, it's worth a go.  If you don't notice a difference, your injectors are OK and all you've lost is £5 - £7 trying it.

Have you got a link for those Pudding, I can't find them cheers.

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email

Offline colesey

• Thank You
« Reply #11997 on: January 20, 2021, 06:29:43 am »
Yep, same thing. They have many different sku’s for different language markets.

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11998 on: January 20, 2021, 08:09:49 am »
Yep, same thing. They have many different sku’s for different language markets.

:happy2:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #11999 on: January 20, 2021, 08:27:56 am »
Not done today but a few days ago.
Installed new springs...this is the fourth set I'm trying in the fourteen years with the MK5.
I had Eibach Sportlines(too high in the front compared to the back)__then H&R Super Sport(a bit lower in front and still lower in the back)__left the front H&R on and added H&R Street Performance coil-over springs in back(to raise the back a bit higher than the front). It had a FTG measurement of 23-7/8" in front and 24" FTG in back__and just installed Whiteline springs a few days ago and got it sitting perfect today. It is now 25-1/4" FTG in front and 25-1/2" FTG in back (FTG is fender to ground).

I chose Whiteline WSK-VWN002 springs for a number of reasons.
1) I got tired of scraping entering and exiting lots. Each time was a pause and study event.
2) The ride, always paired with Bilstein B8 dampers, was a constant keeping a watch for potholes.
3) I discovered the core support was cracked. I suppose from a front end scrape or I possibly did this putting the front end up onto a parking block.
4) Front springs are linear.
5) Spring rates are 31 N/mm front__40 N/mm rear. This would allow me to reset the rear ARB to the next softer setting and still remain quite flat when cornering.
6) I am almost 59 yrs now and cool isn't a thing for me any longer...hasn't been for some time now.:drinking:

So far I am relieved with the results and it is much nicer to drive and the response is quite noticeably quicker and enjoyable. Will get to more...just cannot push it much for the waiting on replacing the K04 with a new one(might be this coming summer). Getting a bit of smoke these past few months when I give it some boost...so, been taking it easy on it lately. 

This was before with the pre-Whiteline set-up...was quite low and the stiffness of the rear ARB would pick the tire up off the ground entering the slightest incline.

K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1