Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2526939 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #495 on: October 10, 2011, 09:35:11 pm »
Very satisfied over what I have done today, there was one part where I SH*T myself.......did not know what to do/where to turn, but got there in the end. Yes, someone who knew how could have done this in hour, maybe two.

Took me 4 hours......but I'm pleased.
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #496 on: October 10, 2011, 09:36:53 pm »
Very satisfied over what I have done today, there was one part where I SH*T myself.......did not know what to do/where to turn, but got there in the end. Yes, someone who knew how could have done this in hour, maybe two.

Took me 4 hours......but I'm pleased.

Would probably take half the time next time now you've done it, especially in better conditions

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #497 on: October 10, 2011, 09:37:37 pm »
After a day of getting away with it. My exhaust light came on due to the 3" Downpipe and decat. 

Guess i'll just have to go stage 2 then.  :grin: :grin: :jumping:

Result  :rolleye: (cough, there's some hpfp internals in car parts section) stII+ ???  :P

Just been looking at the parts Mike. Then my bank balance. Then the parts again. Then cried....

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #498 on: October 10, 2011, 09:39:24 pm »
After a day of getting away with it. My exhaust light came on due to the 3" Downpipe and decat. 

Guess i'll just have to go stage 2 then.  :grin: :grin: :jumping:

Result  :rolleye: (cough, there's some hpfp internals in car parts section) stII+ ???  :P

Just been looking at the parts Mike. Then my bank balance. Then the parts again. Then cried....

For Christmas then? ;)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #499 on: October 10, 2011, 09:44:04 pm »
Half the time?? not so sure. I over come the problem.....but with my basic knowledge, I would not know how to get around it easier/quicker way.

- I could not for the life of me, find a simple way off getting the shaft back into the hub! I was hoping to remove the hub while keep this in, but couldn't the shaft was in the way off the bolts.

Not something I would really want to do again. Was hoping for two hours, then maybe paint the calipers....but time just ran away.
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline blackmagic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #500 on: October 11, 2011, 12:53:10 am »
Finally finished assembling all the bits for my turbo back milltek.  :smiley: Now just need to get it fitted!

Black GTI K03 Revo Stage 2+,

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #501 on: October 12, 2011, 04:53:38 am »
We took a bath this morning because the sun was supposed to be out today, .....and 2 or 3 hours later it began raining and it rained all day. :sad1:
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #502 on: October 12, 2011, 03:36:17 pm »
Ordered my MK5gti.co.uk internal sticker  :pomppomp:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #503 on: October 12, 2011, 03:39:18 pm »
Lowered it!  :grin:

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #504 on: October 12, 2011, 04:22:38 pm »

Removed Braille sat it next to Tomika.  Put tomika on charge...

Saint Steve

« Reply #505 on: October 12, 2011, 07:56:27 pm »
have spent 3 days on washing-polishing-waxing the Ed30, took her to the dealers for a well earned long life oil and filter change.

Dealer was very complimentary on my car, on it's condition and with the mods that I have done to the car.
One of the sales guys (Lee) took a big interest, so much so, asked if he could take her for a test drive, to compare it, to the Red Golf R at the same state of tune that he has had for a weekend (Darren Cooper) head of Peter Cooper group , also that car being DSG.

He came back with the biggest grin on his face, saying what a superb car mine is and by god it's as quick or even slightly faster up the rev range then the R.He also loved the sound of the milltek non Res is under way.
He thinks I would be mad to sell up for an R, and wants 1st refusal if I do! , didn't have the heart to tell him, I would have to sell a kidney 1st in order to buy one though :laugh:

Oh and I found a missing torx bit from my screwdriver set, that fell into the engine bay a couple weeks ago.I looked for ages but couldn't find it, only to be told that I have a slow punture in my new vredestein front near side tyre, with said torx bit firmly implanted in the tread  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Well at least I got my missing torx bit, and £15 lighter in the back pocket to get it fixed :sad1:

Looking foward to this weekends RR day at jkm :happy2:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:13:38 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #506 on: October 12, 2011, 08:01:26 pm »

Bugger, I dropped a torx screw when changing PCV the other day and couldnt see it anywhere  :scared:

Fingers crossed

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #507 on: October 12, 2011, 08:10:55 pm »

He came back with the biggest grin on his face, saying what a superb car mine is and by god it's as quick or even slightly faster up the rev range then the R.

The R has greater transmission losses vs the fwd ed 30 so that's not unexpected with both cars in the same stage of tune.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Baldy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #508 on: October 12, 2011, 09:29:08 pm »
I hit a Deer,

does that count toward's ... what I did to my Mk5 today?

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #509 on: October 12, 2011, 10:24:29 pm »
I hit a Deer,

does that count toward's ... what I did to my Mk5 today?

Was it an old dear??   :laugh:
Without traction power is nothing!