Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527688 times)

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #510 on: October 13, 2011, 07:35:03 am »
Just back from Extreme Window Tints  in Glasgow got all four car windows done,factory tint all round,still undecided on whither iv went too dark time will tell today as was very dark last night wen got home.

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #511 on: October 13, 2011, 01:13:31 pm »
Nice, do you know what level of tint you got? 10%, 20%, etc? And also was it a good price? I'm looking to get mine done shortly and am from thru in Edinburgh.

Saint Steve

« Reply #512 on: October 13, 2011, 06:29:43 pm »
Just back from Extreme Window Tints  in Glasgow got all four car windows done,factory tint all round,still undecided on whither iv went too dark time will tell today as was very dark last night wen got home.
If you've tinted the front with oem style in tint level, then your car is illegal fella.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #513 on: October 13, 2011, 06:34:20 pm »

Changed MAF & a silicone hose.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #514 on: October 13, 2011, 07:07:49 pm »
Changed my dv to rev d. It did have a rev c on it but was split. Only took half hour and that was doing it the wheel off and arch liner out way.

Took it for a spin after and at first didn't notice much difference, just the whistle had gone but once it warmed up it didn't half shift, feels more eager now, well chuffed.

Just got to put a couple of coats of colour on the rear badge and maybe the 1st coat of lacer aswell.

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #515 on: October 13, 2011, 08:13:05 pm »
fitted my new ITG intake damn she sounds sexi  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

just need 2get a rev d fitted now

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline Baldy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #516 on: October 13, 2011, 08:23:48 pm »
Nice, do you know what level of tint you got? 10%, 20%, etc? And also was it a good price? I'm looking to get mine done shortly and am from thru in Edinburgh.

go to Magma at Uphall, he is the best and the only person I would let near mine

Offline dub singh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 13
  • Snakebite Chasers...
    • Email
« Reply #517 on: October 13, 2011, 09:26:08 pm »
Made holes in my rear headests to install some Vibe bullet Speakers
Took out the Focal comps and replaced them with Rainbows...
Installed a second Battery with relay kit

took off the staggered calibre vintage rims...
Raised her 40mm

Found an original GTI Bumper for £30
Got some Monza Reps in 18"s with very fresh tyres for £100 for all 4

WINTER MODE complete  :happy2:
If you're having Audio problems i feel bad for ya son... I've got 99 problems but Bass aint one!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #518 on: October 14, 2011, 05:20:35 am »
Busy day ^^^

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #519 on: October 14, 2011, 06:49:01 am »
Hi gttdi,i stand corrected i did not mean to wright factory tint all round,true what the saint has said that would be illegal on the front,so looking at my invoice on the rears its called midnight 20%,which is what the factory would of fitted, on the fronts light smoked 55%,price is £150 but if your thinking of getting it done please book it in as Euan is a very busy guy,does alot of franchies work takes about 7hrs m8 quality job too.www.xtremeautotints.co.uk hope this helps wouldnt do any harm too mention my name Dougie red golf gti lol

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #520 on: October 14, 2011, 08:40:06 pm »
Changed the rear badge for a colour coded 3d one. If I knew how much grief this was I wouldnt have bothered. The trim isn't back on properly and I've managed to break it so thats a new trim piece added to the engine cover I broke that I now need to source.

On the plus side it does look good.. on the outside

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #521 on: October 15, 2011, 12:06:54 am »
Got side swiped by a bus cutting the corner, out of his bus lane, in front of me last night  :mad:

Damaged my front left arch and re-arranged my left wing mirror and grazing the lip on my wheel  :fighting: :fighting: rung my insurance up today and basically my premium will be screwed no matter the outcome and the damage to my car is less than my excess so its coming out of my pocket  :stupid:

Luckily its mostly cosmetic with not dents or scrapes but still gonna need my wing and wing mirror resrayed  :sad1:

Dave

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #522 on: October 15, 2011, 12:11:59 am »
this happened to me once. he smashed my wing mirror and refused to stop. i called the bus company and reported the driver.

the next day the bus company had someone from the local Audi approved bodyshop come and pick up the car, and it was dropped back at my house in the evening all repaired.

you should have called the bus company before you called your insurer. they know their drivers are tw*ts.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #523 on: October 15, 2011, 12:18:13 am »
this happened to me once. he smashed my wing mirror and refused to stop. i called the bus company and reported the driver.

the next day the bus company had someone from the local Audi approved bodyshop come and pick up the car, and it was dropped back at my house in the evening all repaired.

you should have called the bus company before you called your insurer. they know their drivers are tw*ts.

The driver stopped and wanted my details and when i asked for his after alot of shouting and swearing on my part he called the police and they took statements...... he's denying liability and obviously i am too so no doubt it'll go 50/50..... tbh i didnt think there'd be much point calling the bus company as i assumed they'd tell me to sod off politely

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #524 on: October 15, 2011, 12:23:20 am »
ofc the bus driver won't accept liability - he might lose his job! i had a bit of a shouting match with the driver through the window when he stopped at a traffic light, but i figured nothing ventured nothing gained so i called the bus company.

i'd still give it a go on Monday.

PS - i'm surprised the police showed up. my mum got hit by a learner driver a few months ago and i called the police to attend and they said that it's our problem and they don't get involved unless someone's hurt. same thing happend to a friend. she'd just been taken out by a Volvo and a police car drove straight past without stopping. (West Yorkshire Police and West Midlands Police respectively.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:25:10 am by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+