Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527779 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #540 on: October 20, 2011, 09:48:17 pm »

Drove her by the scruff of the neck over the mountain ridge into paderborn to see my beautiful baby boy in hospital.

Drove her in stock map sedately and leisurely back home at the end of the day  :smiley: :smiley:

Needs a jet wash.

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #541 on: October 20, 2011, 10:01:12 pm »
Had thr RS4 Valve fitted, no more annoying noise!!!!
Ed30

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #542 on: October 20, 2011, 10:06:25 pm »
Got a couple of pics of my intake ports too @ 60k miles...

Dirty  :sick:

Offline robby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #543 on: October 21, 2011, 03:27:26 pm »
Well as mentioned yesterday i found the dealers don't do rear flaps for the ED30, thought these would be available to protect the painted lower section  :confused:

Clayed and polished the other 2 alloys and fitted the n/s/f flap - not sure what to do about the rears?

Drove with the new type dv yesterday - couldn't tell any difference compared to the C version - more wasted money - maybe worthwile if i get it remapped though?

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #544 on: October 21, 2011, 04:10:47 pm »
New under tray fitted to replace the i managed to destroy by hitting a dead badger at 80mph. The old one was fooked!
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline RussZS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #545 on: October 21, 2011, 04:39:34 pm »
4 Michelin Pilot Sport 3's, new top mounts and Koni FSD's to go with my Eibach Sportlines, plus proper alignment  :driver:
www.midlandscarcare.co.uk - www.facebook.com/midlandscarcare

I used to be indecisive.......... but now I'm not so sure!

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #546 on: October 21, 2011, 05:35:42 pm »
Well as mentioned yesterday i found the dealers don't do rear flaps for the ED30, thought these would be available to protect the painted lower section  :confused:

Clayed and polished the other 2 alloys and fitted the n/s/f flap - not sure what to do about the rears?

Drove with the new type dv yesterday - couldn't tell any difference compared to the C version - more wasted money - maybe worthwile if i get it remapped though?

Think some clear tape around the lip would do the trick,
Not a fan of mudflaps on MK5's anymroe (despite me having them on mine at one point)

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #547 on: October 22, 2011, 03:12:02 am »

What's the ongoing problem?
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #548 on: October 22, 2011, 07:39:59 am »
4 Michelin Pilot Sport 3's, new top mounts and Koni FSD's to go with my Eibach Sportlines, plus proper alignment  :driver:

Geomerty and decent rubber is some of the best money spent amognst the crazyness we spend on our cars  :congrats: :congrats:  Feeling the benefit?

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #549 on: October 22, 2011, 01:58:04 pm »
ofc the bus driver won't accept liability - he might lose his job! i had a bit of a shouting match with the driver through the window when he stopped at a traffic light, but i figured nothing ventured nothing gained so i called the bus company.

i'd still give it a go on Monday.

PS - i'm surprised the police showed up. my mum got hit by a learner driver a few months ago and i called the police to attend and they said that it's our problem and they don't get involved unless someone's hurt. same thing happend to a friend. she'd just been taken out by a Volvo and a police car drove straight past without stopping. (West Yorkshire Police and West Midlands Police respectively.)

Have you tried asking for the video from the bus? I think most bus company's install video cameras in the drivers cab for occasions such as these. Hope it you get it sorted!
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline Stg123

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #550 on: October 22, 2011, 02:01:25 pm »
Went up to the dealers to order an armrest etc. Sweet lord I didn't know there were that many parts involved! Bet I've ordered the wrong bit anyway, or too many!  If anyone's got a fitting guide or similar, I would be hugely grateful if you would send it to me. We also drooled over an R32 which sounded the absolute nuts. Oh and showed an octavia vrs a clean pair of heels on the way home :happy2:

hugh jass

« Reply #551 on: October 22, 2011, 02:15:40 pm »
  Fitted  2nd GTI  valance. This time I took the bumper and valance off. Much quicker and easier than my first attempt when I just removed the valance.
  Now just need to find a nice back box

Offline robby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #552 on: October 22, 2011, 02:36:26 pm »

What's the ongoing problem?

Not sure if i have a problem, the car doesn't feel "quick" as i thought it would be, maybe it's because it's smooth?
I had a DS remapped Focus ST and DS remapped astra VXR which just felt rapid compare to the Golf

Hoped the old DV was damaged so i could put it down to that - maybe it's me  :confused:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #553 on: October 22, 2011, 03:33:47 pm »
picked my car up from the garage,hopefully all sorted now

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #554 on: October 22, 2011, 04:11:22 pm »
Hope its sorted dude! mine feels really healthy since new injector, smooth idle no pops and farts or missfires :)