Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527814 times)

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #585 on: October 26, 2011, 06:01:51 am »
Fitted yellow Lamin-x to foglights.
Actually looks good,very easy stuff to work with and much thicker than I thought :happy2:

Good stuff, right? They'll work better in fog if you install yellow bulbs with the film;

Cool never thought of that!!!
Thats next on the list then!!

:happy2: Post results, yeah?
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #586 on: October 26, 2011, 06:03:24 am »

Where did you find that? :popcornsoda:

Nevermind, found it! Added that to Santa's list. :party:

Dat's Purdy! :drinking:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:09:19 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #587 on: October 26, 2011, 07:00:33 am »
Bought it from osir USA :happy2:

Offline Bikerz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #588 on: October 26, 2011, 07:39:06 am »
Hopfully meet for the 1st time  :happy2:

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #589 on: October 26, 2011, 07:20:26 pm »
Fitting GTI Headlights!  :happy2:

Got Dark before I finished so no pics til tomorrow. Here's one to keep the page going...

Heres more!!

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
« Reply #590 on: October 26, 2011, 07:27:16 pm »
Took the car to the garage to get new rear discs and pads fitted by the professionals(tried to budge the stupid spline bolts to no avail - with the correct tools i may add), plus get a diagnostic done to try and work out the odd hesistation the car has.

Then came the dreaded call to say that the calipers had ceased and even after much effort they would not budge - £131 each side - could calipers be any more expensive - just the standard GTI ones too  :sad1:

Still at least they will look red and shiney brand new to match the new discs i guess  :signLOL:
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #591 on: October 27, 2011, 07:12:42 am »
Took the car to the garage to get new rear discs and pads fitted by the professionals(tried to budge the stupid spline bolts to no avail - with the correct tools i may add), plus get a diagnostic done to try and work out the odd hesistation the car has.

Then came the dreaded call to say that the calipers had ceased and even after much effort they would not budge - £131 each side - could calipers be any more expensive - just the standard GTI ones too  :sad1:

Still at least they will look red and shiney brand new to match the new discs i guess  :signLOL:

Can one still find the Cupra brakes/calipers there? I would like them for my GTI in the rear because they are larger than the GTI's right?

Offline Geoffcarragh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #592 on: October 27, 2011, 08:22:08 am »
Fitted cruise control and the annoying cable, need to get it VAGCOM'd to start working.
'05 Silver, 5 door, 18'' Monza II, Leather, Lux Pack, Gear Stick, CD changer in armrest, colour coded rear bumper, upgraded DV,

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #593 on: October 27, 2011, 08:36:21 am »

Those spline bolts are a complete swine!  :fighting:

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
« Reply #594 on: October 27, 2011, 01:54:20 pm »

Those spline bolts are a complete swine!  :fighting:

You are not wrong Mike! Although the garage said they weren't too bad, helps if you have a ramp for leverage.

Just to add to the fun they could get the old hoses off, so another day delay while they get ordered in  :rolleye:
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #595 on: October 27, 2011, 03:08:47 pm »
^ Doh!

Today went and paid for my avon ice tourings 

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #596 on: October 27, 2011, 07:13:05 pm »
Phlilps blue vision bulbs for my main and dip beams turned up today  :party: with a set of free blue vision side lights but it was tippin it down outside so didnt get a chance to fit them yet  :sad1:

Dave

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #597 on: October 27, 2011, 11:49:20 pm »
Phlilps blue vision bulbs for my main and dip beams turned up today  :party: with a set of free blue vision side lights but it was tippin it down outside so didnt get a chance to fit them yet  :sad1:

Dave

Ooh, def put up picture of them fitted. I just ordered Osram Night Breakers but think these might go in my high beam and Philips in my main beam. You know they're not technically legal, yeah?  :scared:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #598 on: October 28, 2011, 02:03:04 am »
Beat a brand new impreza STI  from 0 to 90 mph(about 1/8th mile) from a light today. Afterward he came up alongside and gave me a happy :happy2:!

Started a new Topic/Thread titled "What did you and your MKV Kill today?"

If you're like me, you'll have 3 or 4 kills a week to post.... :drinking:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:42:53 am by ROH ECHT »

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #599 on: October 28, 2011, 12:53:14 pm »
car into local tuner to have itg cai fitted,forge twintercooler to follow,soon as forge get the cores made that is lol 3/4 weeks waiting apparently