Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527475 times)

Offline too hot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #600 on: October 28, 2011, 04:13:53 pm »
Fitted interior LED lights.
Replaced them all bar the foortwells looks really good clean white light inside now.
I`m impressed :wink:
2014 White 3dr S3 Stronic

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #601 on: October 28, 2011, 04:20:56 pm »
My ED30 was fitted with its build number "Limited Edition" plaque (Or not to limited it turns out LOL) which arrived today  :happy2:

http://www.tcphotos.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=5185&sid=26895&secid=1316&t=
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #602 on: October 28, 2011, 04:27:50 pm »
Phlilps blue vision bulbs for my main and dip beams turned up today  :party: with a set of free blue vision side lights but it was tippin it down outside so didnt get a chance to fit them yet  :sad1:

Dave

Ooh, def put up picture of them fitted. I just ordered Osram Night Breakers but think these might go in my high beam and Philips in my main beam. You know they're not technically legal, yeah?  :scared:

Fitted these today.... and what an  :booty: it was, probably down to me never having tried to change them before and the fact i had to loosen my ITG and turn it up like a french horn to change the passenger side ones  :signLOL:

Didn't manage to get the side lights out yet as i was scrapping my hands, my back was aching bending over the bonnet and i've been up since half 4 this morning  :indifferent: gonna pop out later when its dark to see the difference and maybe take a few pics..... How come you say they are not technically legal? They're just uprated H7's with a slight blue tint..... no?

Dave

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #603 on: October 29, 2011, 09:08:50 am »
So, :stupid: Someone pulled the thread I started "What did you and your MKV kill today".
Is there a rule disallowing posts that mention racing?
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #604 on: October 29, 2011, 09:11:03 am »
Yeah one of our forum member got an 18 month ban from posting he was racing so it's not worth it

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #605 on: October 29, 2011, 10:09:18 am »
I don't think he even posted it but he was  prosecuted on the basis of a youtube video that was seen by an American cop (from what I gather).

I'm sure one of the mods will post about this but essentially you're talking about advocating illegal street racing. You wouldn't post up on how to break into a house, how to steal a car. Postin about racin other cars falls into the same category IMO.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #606 on: October 30, 2011, 06:41:45 pm »
That's cool, thanks!
Note to Mods; Apologies, yeah?

So today I picked up some pieces that will allow me to modify my BSH pcv stage 1 / plug cap. I hope to add a fitting to the intake plug that can be capped off until I want to clean the intake valves. When I need to clean them I'll unplug the fitting, insert the tube of the cleaner, and proceed with the spraying and cleaning process. The idea is to eliminate the hassle of placing the cleaners tube into the throttle hose/body like you'd need to with SeaFoam &/or 3M cleaners. I wanted to make this process much quicker and easier as it is a pain to get the hose off the throttle body, then placing the cleaner tube just right. I first need to make sure that the spray will not be misdirected through that part of the intake manifold. If so, Ill look at another point that would place the spray perfectly. I'll update in case anyone is interested when it's your time to clean off the intake valve build-up.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:45:33 pm by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #607 on: October 30, 2011, 06:59:29 pm »
Went out in mine as normal and the service light has come on and told me I've got 600miles til the next service. Only had it done end of feb but i have done nearly 10,000 since then

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #608 on: October 31, 2011, 08:39:28 am »
Phlilps blue vision bulbs for my main and dip beams turned up today  :party: with a set of free blue vision side lights but it was tippin it down outside so didnt get a chance to fit them yet  :sad1:

Dave

Ooh, def put up picture of them fitted. I just ordered Osram Night Breakers but think these might go in my high beam and Philips in my main beam. You know they're not technically legal, yeah?  :scared:

How come you say they are not technically legal? They're just uprated H7's with a slight blue tint..... no?

Dave

Ok, they're not technically illegal. They ARE illegal. It states on the back of the packet that they are for off-road use only in the UK and to check with the country's regulations elsewhere in Europe.

I'm not against them, probs will get myself a set tbh, but just so you are aware. Hopefully you shouldn't get any trouble from the five-oh as they'll mistake them for Xenons. Being only 5000k they should flag up the same 'boy-racer' look of HIDs in a halogen housing headlights.  :happy2:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #609 on: October 31, 2011, 02:13:34 pm »
Phlilps blue vision bulbs for my main and dip beams turned up today  :party: with a set of free blue vision side lights but it was tippin it down outside so didnt get a chance to fit them yet  :sad1:

Dave

Ooh, def put up picture of them fitted. I just ordered Osram Night Breakers but think these might go in my high beam and Philips in my main beam. You know they're not technically legal, yeah?  :scared:

How come you say they are not technically legal? They're just uprated H7's with a slight blue tint..... no?

Dave

Ok, they're not technically illegal. They ARE illegal. It states on the back of the packet that they are for off-road use only in the UK and to check with the country's regulations elsewhere in Europe.

I'm not against them, probs will get myself a set tbh, but just so you are aware. Hopefully you shouldn't get any trouble from the five-oh as they'll mistake them for Xenons. Being only 5000k they should flag up the same 'boy-racer' look of HIDs in a halogen housing headlights.  :happy2:

Have you actually ever seen these bulbs when they are turned on??? They really aren't like a chavvy strong blue colour at all and are only 3400k :stupid:

More of a crisp white with no yellow tone to them like the originals i had on there, there is an ever so slight light blue glow around the reflector but the beam is white and i think looks great  :P

Dave

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #610 on: October 31, 2011, 02:44:17 pm »
Put the Golf through the MOT a few weeks early and passed. Now had it's fourth MOT and not so much as an advisory yet.

Think I'm mental for wanting to change car...
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #611 on: October 31, 2011, 04:05:54 pm »

Dave

Dave

I'm not against them, probs will get myself a set tbh, but just so you are aware. Hopefully you shouldn't get any trouble from the five-oh as they'll mistake them for Xenons. Being only 5000k they shouldn't flag up the same 'boy-racer' look of HIDs in a halogen housing headlights.  :happy2:

Have you actually ever seen these bulbs when they are turned on??? They really aren't like a chavvy strong blue colour at all and are only 3400k :stupid:

More of a crisp white with no yellow tone to them like the originals i had on there, there is an ever so slight light blue glow around the reflector but the beam is white and i think looks great  :P

Dave

I have read reviews that these emit roughly about 5000k light compared to OEM Xenon's at 4300. I know they're not a really chavvy blue. I've seen them fitted and have already stated I fully intend on getting some as well. Just letting you know that if you took the time to read the back of the packet you would find that Philips say they are NOT for Road use in the UK. Simple point. That is all. :confused:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #612 on: October 31, 2011, 04:25:05 pm »
Ah ok didn't think you'd seen some on a car as i thought you was trying to say they were like the dodgy fake xenon blue bulbs or crap HID kits you see at shows that get fitted to stuff like dodgy done up mk4's  :sick:

Totally recommend them  :happy2: such an improvement over standard bulbs

Tbh i wouldn't of even thought to look on the label to see if they're UK road legal or not being made by Philips  :confused:

Dave
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:33:20 pm by Little_Dave »

Offline Banham

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
  • GTI MK6
    • Email
« Reply #613 on: October 31, 2011, 04:48:34 pm »
Changed front and rear footwell lights to LEDS looks sooo much better now rather than the yellow look :happy2:

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #614 on: October 31, 2011, 06:45:41 pm »
How comes philips on their website advertise them on there site saying things like "illuminates the road perfectly" and "enhances road signs and road marking reflections" if they are not legal??  :confused: