Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527055 times)

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #660 on: November 21, 2011, 11:28:24 pm »
What make are the winter tyres? Me likey

Nokian WR G2

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline stuartDLK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #661 on: November 21, 2011, 11:53:36 pm »
Today my mk5 GTi went in to the local VW garage to get the coil packs put in. Didnt realise they needed done until a friend who works in VW took my serial number to check had they been done. Free of charge which was a bonus!  :jumpmove:

Offline laserblue999

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #662 on: November 22, 2011, 12:37:32 am »
A quick detail then to the DVLA to get the private number plate sorted!
'05 GTI - laser blue, 5dr, DSG, blue glass, heated leather, highline, cruise, sat nav, 10 speaker stereo,MFSW, xenons, 18" Monza, puddle lights, Ipod, retractable mirrors, factory tints, winter/summer mats, bootmat, luggage net, mudflaps, tailored blinds, x-tec plate leds - always looking for more OEM options.......pretending the pikey paddles are OEM+!!

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #663 on: November 22, 2011, 12:34:21 pm »
Washed the car and found a screw in one tyre :fighting:
I did this at the weekend. Got the winter tyres on and took the summer tyres in for storage. Found a whopping great big nail in one. No idea how long it had been there and funnily enough, the pressures were bang on when I had checked very recently.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #664 on: November 22, 2011, 04:47:33 pm »
My new black front VW emblem arrived from Eurowagons this morning, removed the front grill and swapped it for the rather tired looking original silver one  :smiley: Nice little 2 minute job

Dave

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 4
  • Edition 30 No.1059 - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
    • Email
« Reply #665 on: November 23, 2011, 08:50:48 pm »
Driving to an appointment this morning with my hands free headset on, mobile rang and I picked it up to press the answer button......little did I know that an eagle eyed police sergeant was standing at the top of the hill I was travelling down and straight onto his radio to his colleagues doing spot checks at the bottom of the hill telling them I was texting on my mobile!!

The friendly PCSO pulled me over as I wound down my window and ended the call was told why he had pulled me over.

I proceeded in telling him I wasn't texting and simply picked up the call and had my headset on!  :innocent:

He checked my call and message log which confirmed I did not pick up a message/text and could see the call received, however he got onto the radio to his sergeant who insisted on giving me a ticket - £60 and 3 points.....thanks very much  :fighting:

Im going to contest this but wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience and managed to get theirs overturned?

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN - Edition30 No. 1059
Currently loving - SEAT Leon FR184 - sunroof, tech pack, 18" performance alloys, convenience and sound pack

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #666 on: November 23, 2011, 09:01:41 pm »
Well as long as you keep the call and text history and prove the time of the incident surely you'd have a good case to challenge it if they are doing you for texting while driving..... Sounds like the Sergeant is just being an  :booty:

Fair enough if you had the phone to your ear or texting away but police seem to have lost all grasp of common sense and being reasonable and consistent  :stupid:

Dave

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 4
  • Edition 30 No.1059 - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
    • Email
« Reply #667 on: November 23, 2011, 09:22:59 pm »
Well as long as you keep the call and text history and prove the time of the incident surely you'd have a good case to challenge it if they are doing you for texting while driving..... Sounds like the Sergeant is just being an  :booty:

Fair enough if you had the phone to your ear or texting away but police seem to have lost all grasp of common sense and being reasonable and consistent  :stupid:

Dave

I know, I did ask if they were pulling over people smoking or eating an apple at the wheel as surely that was just an dangerous!!

I knew by that stage they would not see sense so spoke my mind.....whilst keeping calm of course!!  :signLOL:

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN - Edition30 No. 1059
Currently loving - SEAT Leon FR184 - sunroof, tech pack, 18" performance alloys, convenience and sound pack

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #668 on: November 23, 2011, 09:36:16 pm »
Just so annoying and frustrating when it happens  :fighting: got done for speeding and given 3 points and £60 back in august which i took on the chin as i was guilty but so were the 3 other cars around me at the time but only i get pulled over cos im driving a sporty looking car and they all just speed off  :stupid: sorry to rant but it really makes my blood boil when its selectively handed out like that.....

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #669 on: November 24, 2011, 01:22:39 am »
All of the suspension parts came in today for my busted up MKV. The airbag and seat-belt haven't yet come in though. Just did order 4 new wheels and tires for it today. The shop should have all of the suspension put together in a week or so, and then it's sent off to the body-shop for the front bumper, left door and fender plus paint. I miss driving it, and the Mazda 6 rent-a-car I'm stuck with is a poor, very poor sad substitute.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #670 on: November 24, 2011, 07:58:07 am »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #671 on: November 25, 2011, 09:03:31 pm »

Made some winter mats from rubber matting.
Not the most refined but save my carpets!

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #672 on: November 26, 2011, 02:14:17 pm »
not today but last week i replaced both my rear tyres then swapped the fronts to rears, the tyres i took off i fitted 18months ago and have covered 30,000 miles on them, they still had about 3 mm of tread but they were worn on the inner edge, im fairly sure i wont see 30k out of the ones ive fitted
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline perky85

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #673 on: November 26, 2011, 05:19:58 pm »
I got the inner light units wired up as part of the sidelights today.

Looks cool, but as i will be fitting new rear lights soon, I will not be re-creating this mod as its a bit messy!!

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #674 on: November 26, 2011, 06:13:19 pm »
Driving to an appointment this morning with my hands free headset on, mobile rang and I picked it up to press the answer button......little did I know that an eagle eyed police sergeant was standing at the top of the hill I was travelling down and straight onto his radio to his colleagues doing spot checks at the bottom of the hill telling them I was texting on my mobile!!

The friendly PCSO pulled me over as I wound down my window and ended the call was told why he had pulled me over.

I proceeded in telling him I wasn't texting and simply picked up the call and had my headset on!  :innocent:

He checked my call and message log which confirmed I did not pick up a message/text and could see the call received, however he got onto the radio to his sergeant who insisted on giving me a ticket - £60 and 3 points.....thanks very much  :fighting:

Im going to contest this but wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience and managed to get theirs overturned?

they are tossers mate, i got caught for the exact same thing on the A1 a few months back,  the copper took great joy in telling me its an offence to even hold a mobile phone while driving, hence i now have 3 points on my licence :sad1: