Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527392 times)

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #690 on: December 08, 2011, 07:16:09 pm »
That's different. Others have said Pro's were stiffer than the Sport's. Like H&R's Race versus supersports. You had wider wheels or spacers on with the sportlines? I had them before, and only rubbed with 8mm spacers on.

Hmmm, the Pro's def seem comfier than the Sportline's and just the same amount of roll/stiffness as them - very little.  :happy2: I had BBS CH reps on before my current wheels. they were 18 x 8 ET 45 so got nice anf friendly with my passengerside arch, never the drivers side tho.  :stupid: I had done the screw arch mod too. Now that I'm up a few more MM's I'm so tempted by the BBS VZ's in gunmetal. Pity Christmas has raided my piggy bank first.  :confused:

Offline MK4CRAIG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #691 on: December 08, 2011, 07:21:01 pm »
Give it a good coat of wax ready for the winter

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #692 on: December 08, 2011, 07:32:17 pm »
Give it a good coat of wax ready for the winter

Hubba Hubba, that is on stunning car. Very OEM+(ish) Just goes to show that gunmetal/anthracite wheels look good on virtually every colour of car. T'will be the colour I go for when my wheels get refurbed over winter.

Top notch.  :happy2:

Offline sundance

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #693 on: December 09, 2011, 09:53:13 am »
Discovered 2 things:

1) My car definitely feels more 'whooshy'  on Tesco Momentum 99 than it does on V-Power  :surprised:
2) VW Twickenham cannot set tyre pressures properly as I found mine were out (only did them last week)

Correcting the pressures and with the better fuel has resulted in more  :driver:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #694 on: December 09, 2011, 12:27:33 pm »
That's different. Others have said Pro's were stiffer than the Sport's. Like H&R's Race versus supersports. You had wider wheels or spacers on with the sportlines? I had them before, and only rubbed with 8mm spacers on.

Hmmm, the Pro's def seem comfier than the Sportline's and just the same amount of roll/stiffness as them - very little.  :happy2: I had BBS CH reps on before my current wheels. they were 18 x 8 ET 45 so got nice anf friendly with my passengerside arch, never the drivers side tho.  :stupid: I had done the screw arch mod too. Now that I'm up a few more MM's I'm so tempted by the BBS VZ's in gunmetal. Pity Christmas has raided my piggy bank first.  :confused:

You know, I've heard the same a couple of times now that you mention it. Strange and similar that one side would rub. Here's something I had forgotten to think about considering ride comfort, differing dampers and their condition...right?
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #695 on: December 09, 2011, 12:32:37 pm »
Finally got my mkv to the body shop today. It spent way too much time having all of the mechanics and suspension sorted along with waiting for the wheels to come in. Kind of excited now. Thinking of having the center portion of the bonnet/hood painted satin black and maybe the top too.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #696 on: December 09, 2011, 10:21:56 pm »

Drove from Germany for the last time.  England is rubbish  :sick:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #697 on: December 10, 2011, 08:23:48 am »
So...glad to be going back?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #698 on: December 10, 2011, 08:27:48 am »
Serviced mine and had 2 new pilot sport 3 tyres fitted

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #699 on: December 10, 2011, 08:48:04 am »

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #700 on: December 10, 2011, 10:57:16 am »
Germany sounds like a really nice spot. I loved Italy. Didn't want to leave. I couldn't understand why some people we talked with wanted to be here in the US. Would be happy to trade places with them.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #701 on: December 10, 2011, 05:34:16 pm »
Gave the exhaust tips a clean.

Also cleaned up the wiper blades too.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #702 on: December 10, 2011, 06:10:44 pm »
Gave the Candy ED30 a good wash (meguiars NXT shampoo and microfibre wash mitt), followed by Iron-X sprayed on metal panels, then rinsed off and washed again.
Then it was clayed with Meguairs clay and Dodo Juice Born Slippy lube, then dried off and treated to a coat of Collinite 476s, buffed off by hand then rotary polished, then another coat of 476s, buffed again and then finished off with rotary polisher.

I Skipped the Dodo Juice Lime Prime paint cleaner before polishing as I really could not be bothered today  :P

Applied 2 coats of Poorboys to the wheels and stood back and admired my 4 hours work, then took a trip to town to get some Xmas shopping done and came back and car was filthy again  :ashamed:

It was only when i got home I thought I could take some pictures but as it was dirty again I did not bother  :grin:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:12:58 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #703 on: December 10, 2011, 09:00:18 pm »
Went up to the dealers to order an armrest etc. Sweet lord I didn't know there were that many parts involved! Bet I've ordered the wrong bit anyway, or too many!  If anyone's got a fitting guide or similar, I would be hugely grateful if you would send it to me. We also drooled over an R32 which sounded the absolute nuts. Oh and showed an octavia vrs a clean pair of heels on the way home :happy2:

That wouldn't have been mine...... :P

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
    • Email
« Reply #704 on: December 10, 2011, 09:05:17 pm »
today i sorted my non working temp gauge, it is the sensor in the head, funny as soon as id called TPS to send it out monday morning it started working again :scared:

if anyone wants a how to on fitting a centre arm rest i can email you a PDF file
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP