Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527288 times)

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #960 on: March 05, 2012, 09:47:55 pm »
Spent the day at Shark having the dpf off and stage 2 remap  :driver:

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 9
  • I was born a while ago and I'm not dead yet.
    • Email
« Reply #961 on: March 05, 2012, 10:01:15 pm »
Today me and my Eddy visited the scene of yesterday's crime to get some pictures of an offending pothole which put a nice bubble in my front passenger side tyre.

New tyre should arrive tomorrow from Camskill and Glasgow City Council will hopefully foot the bill once I submit a claim form.

Offline Harry171

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #962 on: March 05, 2012, 10:11:53 pm »
Got my glass tinted and finally fitted my coilovers, been in the garage from December! Looking much better.

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #963 on: March 07, 2012, 07:47:13 am »
Today me and my Eddy visited the scene of yesterday's crime to get some pictures of an offending pothole which put a nice bubble in my front passenger side tyre.

New tyre should arrive tomorrow from Camskill and Glasgow City Council will hopefully foot the bill once I submit a claim form.

Good luck! I've lost two tires and one wheel in two separate incidents here in the states, and both times the state wouldn't accept the claims. ;[
Here they always deny claims to make you go through an appeal process where they deny it a second time and tell you "too bad, now go away".
Hopefully they are more upstanding there, right?
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 9
  • I was born a while ago and I'm not dead yet.
    • Email
« Reply #964 on: March 07, 2012, 09:45:50 am »

Good luck! I've lost two tires and one wheel in two separate incidents here in the states, and both times the state wouldn't accept the claims. ;[
Here they always deny claims to make you go through an appeal process where they deny it a second time and tell you "too bad, now go away".
Hopefully they are more upstanding there, right?

I claimed last year for the two passenger side tyres on my old Z4 Coupe which were both killed in one incident on a big barstewards of a pothole and my claim was successful. Will Just need to keep my fingers crossed and see how it pans out this time.

The roads here in Glasgow really are in a terrible state  :sad:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #965 on: March 07, 2012, 09:49:17 am »

Hand my keys over to VrsAlex @ A.K.S tuning :)

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #966 on: March 07, 2012, 07:57:01 pm »
rotated my tyres (3500 miles old) and cleaned and sealed the inside of the wheels while i was on with it and cleaned all the suspension parts etc.

Offline John GT140

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #967 on: March 08, 2012, 07:41:35 pm »
Drew back the curtains this morning to find some scrote had dinted my car door , looks like its been kicked or something and has left a 10cm crease and 3 dints on my otherwise unmarked car . Gutted and was shaking with rage first thing , but have now chilled out and am still going to press ahead with a full service and get my refurbed wheels fitted and gti rear  lower half fitted  at the weekend

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #968 on: March 08, 2012, 09:18:58 pm »
Well after fitting my turbo at the weekend and giving her a service tonight i had to get my rear brakes swapped, for the last week ive had metal on disc, ive been on call so had the truck from work, anyway, i bought berg's rear GTI calipers, so Genuine pads and some powder coated back plates, got in from work and started got the old 260mm discs and calipers off and the rotton back plate, and this is my first problem, now i think the rear hub is different on the GTIs as my lovely shiney back plates dont fit  :sad1: so i fitted the discs, pads and calipers, time to bleed the brakes, apart from the bleeders being murder tight they bleed fine, i think i need to slacken off the cable brackets as ive got a little to much cable near the caliper, but its working perfect, so test drive time  :driver: :driver:  :signLOL:

After driving steady to help bed the new pads in i tried the brakes properly and all i can say is they are amazing, they stop and feel so much better than the 260s, really pleased

here are some pics, sorry its dark

2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #969 on: March 08, 2012, 10:25:07 pm »
fitted new discs and pads and welded a snapped exhaust hanger on my daily driver and while i was on notices some little sh!t has knocked the engine under tray! it was defeinately there last time i looked :confused:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #970 on: March 12, 2012, 05:57:25 am »
^ Dude, I'd give you a wheel if you weren't so far from Oregon. That one makes me :(
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #971 on: March 12, 2012, 07:39:20 am »
^ Dude, I'd give you a wheel if you weren't so far from Oregon. That one makes me :(

Thanks mate, that what happened when I let my mum use the car for a weekend :scared: gonna get them all refurbed next month  :happy2:
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #972 on: March 12, 2012, 08:57:38 am »
got xenons, forge short shifter, RS4 valve and HPFP internals fitted!

Very happy with all mods, especially short shifter and xenons!  Highly recommended!

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #973 on: March 12, 2012, 05:25:31 pm »
got xenons, forge short shifter, RS4 valve and HPFP internals fitted!

Very happy with all mods, especially short shifter and xenons!  Highly recommended!

Paul

Nice! Were the hpfp bits replacement or new upgrades?

Saintsteve

« Reply #974 on: March 12, 2012, 05:37:48 pm »
brought some of the New formula Autoglym Super resin polish today.First impressions results are very good. for minor swirls, it does the job very well..