Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527235 times)

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #1110 on: April 07, 2012, 02:07:39 pm »
Eibach pro spring's to be fitted today,as well as the WALK kit+bushes,and the ECS engine mount insert bracket followed by a full 4 wheel digital laser tracking setup,can't wait to get it back! :smiley:

Car back!

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1111 on: April 07, 2012, 03:32:04 pm »
What does the Whiteline/WALK improve? What does it actually do?  :drinking:
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1112 on: April 07, 2012, 03:34:48 pm »
What does the Whiteline/WALK improve? What does it actually do?  :drinking:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #1113 on: April 07, 2012, 03:51:32 pm »

What does the Whiteline/WALK improve? What does it actually do?  :drinking:

....And also john_o's excellent review:   http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,395.0.html   :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline golf nutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #1114 on: April 07, 2012, 04:11:10 pm »
Washed and took photos in readiness for selling  :sad1:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #1115 on: April 07, 2012, 07:28:40 pm »
Eibach pro spring's to be fitted today,as well as the WALK kit+bushes,and the ECS engine mount insert bracket followed by a full 4 wheel digital laser tracking setup,can't wait to get it back! :smiley:

Hi sanj, know it's only early days but what's the feedback so far on the WALK kit alongside the Eibach pro kit. Got the same bits in my garage waiting for a day off to get them fitted. Are they the E10-85-014-06-22 and are they much different to stock in feel. Cheers  :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Saintsteve

« Reply #1116 on: April 07, 2012, 11:12:56 pm »
Removed my front bumper and wet-sand and prep the chin spoiler on my Ed30.. 5 coats of paint with primers. Should be all ready by tomorrow lunch and will post a thread tomorrow afternoon with lots of progress pics . :smiley:

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1117 on: April 07, 2012, 11:19:57 pm »

Hi sanj, know it's only early days but what's the feedback so far on the WALK kit alongside the Eibach pro kit. Got the same bits in my garage waiting for a day off to get them fitted. Are they the E10-85-014-06-22 and are they much different to stock in feel. Cheers  :happy2:

Hiya mate,it all seem's very tight and a lot better to drive,deffo much more power getting to the front wheel's,Eibach kit was bought from a member on here and dropped the car all round by 20mm,it's a pleasure to drive and feel's a lot like the stock setup in terms of ride quality,early day's as you have said and i'm gonna have to look into the problem's people have had when lowering car's and then getting laser tracking and front camber problem's. :smiley:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #1118 on: April 08, 2012, 06:46:30 am »

Nice one, cheers mate!  :happy2:
Hiya mate,it all seem's very tight and a lot better to drive,deffo much more power getting to the front wheel's,Eibach kit was bought from a member on here and dropped the car all round by 20mm,it's a pleasure to drive and feel's a lot like the stock setup in terms of ride quality,early day's as you have said and i'm gonna have to look into the problem's people have had when lowering car's and then getting laser tracking and front camber problem's. :smiley:

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1119 on: April 08, 2012, 11:21:25 am »
Been out this morning for a quick blast and what can I say!Car feel's so much more better in both handling and performance,the car stick's to the road and wheel hop seem's to have gone(new tyre's are helping as well)can't understand why the gti does'nt leave factory with these mod's already on!I can recommend the Eibach/WALK kit to everyone who's thinking about getting it done,now just need to get my Sach's clutch fitted.... :jumping:

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #1120 on: April 08, 2012, 12:16:56 pm »
Changed the wheel bearing on the wifes 1.9 TDI. Easy and straight forward job to do, just the hub nut is 27mm for future reference and the only socket i didnt have in my socket kit. So half way through had to pop out to halfords for a socket, lucky i got my trade card :)
05 GTI 5 Door, sunroof, met paint, 18" monza, Leather Anthacite, front centre armrest, xenon headlights, Lux pack 2, Sensors, Winter Pack.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #1121 on: April 08, 2012, 01:00:43 pm »
Been out this morning for a quick blast and what can I say!Car feel's so much more better in both handling and performance,the car stick's to the road and wheel hop seem's to have gone(new tyre's are helping as well)can't understand why the gti does'nt leave factory with these mod's already on!I can recommend the Eibach/WALK kit to everyone who's thinking about getting it done,now just need to get my Sach's clutch fitted.... :jumping:

Excellent mate. Can't wait to get my bits fitted now!  :party: :party:

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #1122 on: April 08, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »
Can you confirm the part number you used please. Also is it DSG or manual

Thanks

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1123 on: April 08, 2012, 02:20:22 pm »
Can you confirm the part number you used please. Also is it DSG or manual

Thanks

Hiya mate,is the question directed toward's me?If so what do you want to know?

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #1124 on: April 08, 2012, 02:55:22 pm »
I wanted to give it a quick wash but the rain wont stop  :fighting: :fighting:

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build