Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527707 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #1230 on: April 20, 2012, 09:07:42 am »

Is that pedo-bear in the back????   :laugh:

....Why? Do you want an introduction? I hear he is very willing  :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline samdem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #1231 on: April 20, 2012, 09:09:04 am »
dodds-gttdi thanks man, but i got one of the old flat syle one that you cant take apart and spray up. and i know you can buy the 3d ones but apparently the stick out a few mill and look a bit funny.

maybe i can buy the whole boot lock mech and replace the whole thing? not that i know how :ashamed:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #1232 on: April 20, 2012, 09:20:09 am »

maybe i can buy the whole boot lock mech and replace the whole thing? not that i know how :ashamed:

....Yes you can buy and easily fit the whole unit but that's a much more expensive way.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:26:46 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline samdem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1233 on: April 20, 2012, 09:49:39 am »

....Yes you can buy and easily fit the whole unit but that's a much more expensive way.

I think ive seen them go for around £40-£50. Is quite alot but will be good to transforme the rear and get rid of my ever white worming badge!!

Is it a direct swap? Im going to look for some DIY guides!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #1234 on: April 20, 2012, 06:38:47 pm »
So today my mates came back from afghan safe and sounds. And the first things they as me is can you bump my car. Went and jumped the cars then filled up got the engines warm and went for a little play on the autobahn and down the country lanes in germany.
Most fun I have had in a while.
I have big respect for there cars too vauxhall Corsa VXR Nürburgring and renualt clio rs sport 200 they did well to keep up.

I am now glad there back and feeling quite happy :)

Doesnt look like Paderborn / NRW / Kreis Lippe??

Is the Clio white?  Some wicked roads near to Paderborn  :driver:

Offline cupra_buzz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #1235 on: April 21, 2012, 09:15:54 am »
Haha I added picture so it looked better, you know where this is haha

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #1236 on: April 21, 2012, 09:16:56 am »
I took my Cannondale for a good thrashing round the country side while the car is sat feeling sorry for itself getting a rather nice new big turbo.

Darren

Lefty by any chance?  Was discussing these after a muddy thrashing up & down Cannock chase on Wed.  I couldn't imagine riding one they look so odd lol

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #1237 on: April 22, 2012, 10:02:27 pm »
Decided to get four new tyres this weekend after driving around on just less than 3mm on all existing tyres. What a difference  :surprised:
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline stuartDLK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #1238 on: April 23, 2012, 10:38:52 am »
MY mk5 GTI is now sitting at 250.1bhp as from Saturday afternoon...what a difference it makes to the car. Unreal :jumping: :jumping:

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 9
  • I was born a while ago and I'm not dead yet.
    • Email
« Reply #1239 on: April 23, 2012, 11:43:03 am »
Indulged in a little bit of traffic light gp with a Boxster who thought he'd try it on by slipping up the left hand lane only to find me and my Edition 30 sitting at the front of the queue. Showed him a clean pair of heels/tyres at two separate lights only to be given a severe telling off my shmbo in the passenger seat :ashamed:

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #1240 on: April 23, 2012, 12:13:27 pm »

dodds-gttdi thanks man, but i got one of the old flat syle one that you cant take apart and spray up. and i know you can buy the 3d ones but apparently the stick out a few mill and look a bit funny.

I have the badge that Robin has shown above. It might not be called the 3D badge but it is 2 parts as opposed to the earlier one-piece version( I have the one piece version on my 2004 car). I managed to pick mine up from ebay for £16. It's from a 2008 car so I presume it's still a Mk5 and should fit my car fine. From your pictures, your's is a 2 part badge also. Piece of cake to split and paint. I presume you have already split it to carbon wrap it?

Offline samdem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1241 on: April 23, 2012, 05:16:17 pm »

I have the badge that Robin has shown above. It might not be called the 3D badge but it is 2 parts as opposed to the earlier one-piece version( I have the one piece version on my 2004 car). I managed to pick mine up from ebay for £16. It's from a 2008 car so I presume it's still a Mk5 and should fit my car fine. From your pictures, your's is a 2 part badge also. Piece of cake to split and paint. I presume you have already split it to carbon wrap it?

[/quote]

nope i have the one piece one also, so you swapped your one piece on with the 2 piece on right? i have seen posts on other forums saying theirs stuck out a lot compared to the one piece one IIRC, but yours does look fine!
hmm £16 is worth a try i guess, and if it works ill be laughing!  :laugh:

cheers for the help! changing the rear badge was my first mk4 mod because it was so easy, this seems a bit more challenging as its also the boot handle!

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #1242 on: April 23, 2012, 06:43:52 pm »
nope i have the one piece one also, so you swapped your one piece on with the 2 piece on right? i have seen posts on other forums saying theirs stuck out a lot compared to the one piece one IIRC, but yours does look fine!
hmm £16 is worth a try i guess, and if it works ill be laughing!  :laugh:

cheers for the help! changing the rear badge was my first mk4 mod because it was so easy, this seems a bit more challenging as its also the boot handle!

Ha ha, the sharan badge mod was one of my first on my mk4 too.  :laugh: Great minds

Offline samdem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #1243 on: April 23, 2012, 07:08:52 pm »
haha yep i had a satin silver mk4, yours looks reflex silver?

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #1244 on: April 23, 2012, 08:02:15 pm »
Reflex silver it was. I think satin was superseded about 2001 or something. :happy2: