Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527246 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #1290 on: May 02, 2012, 04:54:32 pm »
Received the spare engine cover I bought off Fee-pay, marked it all out, now cant find my Jigsaw, aaargghhhhh!  :rolleye:

If I dont find it tomorrow morning will take it up to local machine shop and get them to cut it along my marked lines, its just a basic cut-out at mo until I work out exact size of Intake pipe next week, then I can take off more if needed. Thinking about painting the centre section White and highlighting FSI Turbo in Red, will leave that for a time when I can be bothered putting up the spray booth in the garage again.

When people painted them did they use a rubberized primer to stop it cracking when taking it off or some sort of heat resistant paint?
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #1291 on: May 02, 2012, 05:21:31 pm »

Bought mine a new south boost gauge and gauge holder  :smiley:

....Side vent or steering column pod mounted? I'm surprised you haven't already got one, Mat. Very useful just as a monitor.  :happy2:

Steering column pod Robin but always thought about buying one just never bothered but was at awesome and thought if its in stock I will have one and it was

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #1292 on: May 02, 2012, 05:49:03 pm »

Bought mine a new south boost gauge and gauge holder  :smiley:

....Side vent or steering column pod mounted? I'm surprised you haven't already got one, Mat. Very useful just as a monitor.  :happy2:

Steering column pod Robin but always thought about buying one just never bothered but was at awesome and thought if its in stock I will have one and it was

....I'm confident you'll be pleased with it. I've had mine firstly on the side vent and now on centre pod and it's so much more easily readable on the column. The pod might squeek a bit at first though - Mine did.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=qaddsh1n23h5be9hssgaduobu5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #1293 on: May 03, 2012, 12:04:05 am »
I (the car) managed to get 37MPG pootling up the M1 at 55-60MPH..... soooo boring!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #1294 on: May 03, 2012, 10:35:26 pm »
Installed my gauge

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #1295 on: May 03, 2012, 10:37:01 pm »
^^^^
Did you find where to route the cable, Mat?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #1296 on: May 03, 2012, 10:52:41 pm »
^^^^
Did you find where to route the cable, Mat?

I did mate took some finding  :rolleye:

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #1297 on: May 04, 2012, 05:26:35 am »

I had the WALK fitted.

Immediately I noticed better feedback through the wheel, and the car feels even more plannted in corners. Had a couple of fast starts, and wheel-hop was reduced significantly allowing me to get away much quicker than previously in wet conditions. Can't wait to try it in the dry, if it ever stops raining!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #1298 on: May 04, 2012, 10:23:29 am »
its in the wet where i notice the biggest difference with mine but there is an improvement in the dry especially in steering feel and weight.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #1299 on: May 04, 2012, 10:28:28 am »
It made financial sense to fit my WALK at the same time as my KW V3 coilovers and suspension setup by VWR, but the downside is that I have very little sense of what difference the WALK has made.

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1300 on: May 05, 2012, 05:27:23 am »
Received the spare engine cover I bought off Fee-pay, marked it all out, now cant find my Jigsaw, aaargghhhhh!  :rolleye:

If I dont find it tomorrow morning will take it up to local machine shop and get them to cut it along my marked lines, its just a basic cut-out at mo until I work out exact size of Intake pipe next week, then I can take off more if needed. Thinking about painting the centre section White and highlighting FSI Turbo in Red, will leave that for a time when I can be bothered putting up the spray booth in the garage again.

When people painted them did they use a rubberized primer to stop it cracking when taking it off or some sort of heat resistant paint?

If you have a Dremel or some other rotary tool with a cutting disc, you can use that to cut as well. Paint can be normal, just give it some light key and then primer first.

If it gets a bit floppy you can add some support. I used aluminum so easier to shape;

K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1301 on: May 05, 2012, 05:30:13 am »

I had the WALK fitted.

Immediately I noticed better feedback through the wheel, and the car feels even more plannted in corners. Had a couple of fast starts, and wheel-hop was reduced significantly allowing me to get away much quicker than previously in wet conditions. Can't wait to try it in the dry, if it ever stops raining!

Huge improvements with those, right?

And even better when dry. I just had mine go on a week or so ago. Wish I had added them years ago. :happy2:
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1302 on: May 05, 2012, 05:35:58 am »
It made financial sense to fit my WALK at the same time as my KW V3 coilovers and suspension setup by VWR, but the downside is that I have very little sense of what difference the WALK has made.

You'd of enjoyed noticing the difference. It really feels like the front works harder staying connected to the road in all conditions, wheel hop greatly reduced is what those without mount upgrades say, and all of the slop up front is gone which I didn't even know I had until I put them on.

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #1303 on: May 05, 2012, 10:39:22 am »
Fitted my Nokya Hyper Yellows to full beam and fogs. Also removed my front splitter ready for a respray as the previous owner had shown it to a few high curbs.

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #1304 on: May 05, 2012, 01:15:02 pm »
Replaced broken theromstat, only to have the bolt mounting on the alternator snap off, managed to drill it out but alternator is Fubarred!! so also replaced that. One very expensive thermostat change :(

Also just ordered some plastic round bar to fix my broken parcel shelf.

:)
05 GTI 5 Door, sunroof, met paint, 18" monza, Leather Anthacite, front centre armrest, xenon headlights, Lux pack 2, Sensors, Winter Pack.