Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527555 times)

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #1305 on: May 05, 2012, 01:49:38 pm »
Fitted my walk today then went for a blast an stock suspension. Noticed a massive difference in wheel hop which is now virtually non existent. The car feels loads better under heavy braking as the nose doesn't seem to dive as much and feels much more safe on the road, took the car back home then fitted my b12 kit with h&r springs. All went well with no dramas. Took the car back out for a blast once fitted and all i can say is"wow". Coupled with the walk and autotech rarb the set up for me it is amazing. The car now feels really well planted with very little body roll. I feel i can really push the tyres now and make them show there worth. The car is loads better through twisties and i dont really have to lift off no where near as much as on stock setup, oh, how vw should have made the car. Just these three little tweaks and the car is transformed. Looks wise i think it could do with being a little lower but i am sure the springs will settle over time. Cant wait for the unibrace to arrive now. :wink:

Offline skriller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #1306 on: May 05, 2012, 02:33:36 pm »
today... i replaced this little B*STARD!!! >>>

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT WAS TO GET TO IT!! DO YOU!!!  :fighting:

anyway, after some very nice ripping apart of my dash i got the lil fudger and hooked up the new one  :popcornsoda: << munchie time..

then i went ahead and installed this fine piece of arse,

in my opinion, makes the whole bleeding fingers and cuts worth it lol  :grin:

DSG No.0093 T Red

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #1307 on: May 05, 2012, 02:53:59 pm »
can't see on my current piece of crap mobile but guessing you managed to get to your can bus haha

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #1308 on: May 05, 2012, 03:11:09 pm »
Skriller...I feel your pain. I tried to get to my canbus from inside the car when I fitted my Polar FIS. I gave up and ended up going in through the bonnet. A little bit more work but so much easier. Not that its any help to you now  :laugh:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1309 on: May 05, 2012, 03:42:29 pm »
Turned off my DRL's and set fogs to remain on when high-beams are on.
Ordered red lamin-x for the taillights and smoked for the side markers and signals.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline skriller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #1310 on: May 05, 2012, 05:05:23 pm »
Skriller...I feel your pain. I tried to get to my canbus from inside the car when I fitted my Polar FIS. I gave up and ended up going in through the bonnet. A little bit more work but so much easier. Not that its any help to you now  :laugh:

i went through the bonnet... i thought yes! there it is! then nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

it was covered by more cables going through the hole and brackets.. so it was even harder to get too than before...

trust me i tried all angles lol. oh an btw if your gonna put your windscreen wiper motor back in and then the rest. Dont forget to plug the motor back in when you try and test the wipers lol... :signLOL:

DSG No.0093 T Red

Offline Banham

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
  • GTI MK6
    • Email
« Reply #1311 on: May 05, 2012, 05:52:21 pm »
Moved everything from the gt to the gti  :grin:

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #1312 on: May 05, 2012, 11:10:46 pm »
Fitted my new pressed number plates and pflege stift'd all my window rubbers and door seals

The doors have been creaking like hell the past few days so hopefully this helps.

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1313 on: May 06, 2012, 03:10:26 am »
We ordered a Hatch-pop kit and Fumoto oil drain valve. Cleaned the neuspeed p-flo filter and put on our new MAF sensor then went for a 75 mile drive and averaged nearly 30mpg up from 26.5mpg before the swap along the same route.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Exterior/Body/Hatch/ES1895197/

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Engine/Mechanical/Oil_Pan/ES2208993/
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1314 on: May 06, 2012, 03:13:03 am »
Fitted my walk today then went for a blast an stock suspension. Noticed a massive difference in wheel hop which is now virtually non existent. The car feels loads better under heavy braking as the nose doesn't seem to dive as much and feels much more safe on the road, took the car back home then fitted my b12 kit with h&r springs. All went well with no dramas. Took the car back out for a blast once fitted and all i can say is"wow". Coupled with the walk and autotech rarb the set up for me it is amazing. The car now feels really well planted with very little body roll. I feel i can really push the tyres now and make them show there worth. The car is loads better through twisties and i dont really have to lift off no where near as much as on stock setup, oh, how vw should have made the car. Just these three little tweaks and the car is transformed. Looks wise i think it could do with being a little lower but i am sure the springs will settle over time. Cant wait for the unibrace to arrive now. :wink:

Did you buy the Race, Sport, or Supersport springs?

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #1315 on: May 06, 2012, 08:58:58 am »

Did you buy the Race, Sport, or Supersport springs?
It says in the reciept lowers 40mm but on website it says 30-35mm.  :happy2:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1316 on: May 06, 2012, 01:46:40 pm »
 Those are likely the sports. I've had my supersports on for some time now and they haven't settled any at all. They still measure the same from the ground up to the highest point of the wheel arch as they did right after install. But still low enough for me.

Me and my mkv chickened out of tempting a mean looking GTR this morning. He had his woman with him and didn't want to embarrass ;] The owner had it painted a matte black, tinted windows, and black wheels. The only thing that stood out on it was its yellow/gold brake calipers and 'BAD GTR' plates. Its stance was so low it looked like he must have had installed "rollers" inside the arches to prevent grinding up the tires. Sounded super mean.

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #1317 on: May 06, 2012, 06:07:33 pm »
Took all of the honeycomb off for the first time. Had a good cleaning session and applied liberal amounts of back to black! The lower grille was a pain in the arse to get off!!
Strange looking with no grilles though!

'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #1318 on: May 06, 2012, 06:11:33 pm »
just went past 80000km on my GTI!
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #1319 on: May 06, 2012, 06:24:24 pm »
Gave the car a good clean! Washed, polished, glazed and sealed!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build