Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527649 times)

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #1365 on: May 12, 2012, 09:25:44 pm »
Took advantage of the break in the constant rain to wash the car. Of course being under Thames water jurisdiction i couldn't use a hosepipe so proceeded to legally use about 3 times the amount of water i ordinarily would use because i had to use a bucket to rinse every 2 seconds...  :confused:

Whilst washing i noticed that the drivers side front headlight has popped out of its seating slightly on the bottom left corner as you look at it, i can't for the life in me fathom how it has happened as there are no scratches or scuffs anywhere near that region and there are no marks on the headlight itself..? Anyone else ever had this happen?

I took a quick look to see if i could reseat it but from what i can tell you have to take off a good deal of the front of the car in order to get at the lights - is this so and if so is it easy enough to do, i have the correct torx screwdrivers.

Thanks

Offline Carla77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #1366 on: May 12, 2012, 10:21:38 pm »
Removed my tatty, torn dv valve and replaced it with the revision d. Wow...just wow. :smiley:

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #1367 on: May 12, 2012, 11:05:43 pm »
Cheating, but I took the car to VW to have the centre airvent rattle fixed (beware there are two possibly TPS's).

£58 later, no more rattle.
Do you happen to know what causes the rattle? Mine does it too. Been meaning to open it up and put some padding in to see if I can stop it.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #1368 on: May 12, 2012, 11:33:42 pm »
Took advantage of the break in the constant rain to wash the car. Of course being under Thames water jurisdiction i couldn't use a hosepipe so proceeded to legally use about 3 times the amount of water i ordinarily would use because i had to use a bucket to rinse every 2 seconds...  :confused:

Whilst washing i noticed that the drivers side front headlight has popped out of its seating slightly on the bottom left corner as you look at it, i can't for the life in me fathom how it has happened as there are no scratches or scuffs anywhere near that region and there are no marks on the headlight itself..? Anyone else ever had this happen?

I took a quick look to see if i could reseat it but from what i can tell you have to take off a good deal of the front of the car in order to get at the lights - is this so and if so is it easy enough to do, i have the correct torx screwdrivers.

Thanks

I have noticed the same on my car when cleaning it I think i will have to take my front bumper off and see if the headlight can be moved back in

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1369 on: May 13, 2012, 07:11:27 am »
Got my WALK and dogbone mount in.

Oh and also my K04.  :evilgrin:  :pomppomp:

Let the good times roll! What's your thoughts? Hope no issues with it and you must be loving it right? The worst part is not being able to drive it the way you want to all of the time.  :evilgrin: Ooooh the temptations..
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Yawn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #1370 on: May 13, 2012, 08:44:02 am »
Cheating, but I took the car to VW to have the centre airvent rattle fixed (beware there are two possibly TPS's).

£58 later, no more rattle.
Do you happen to know what causes the rattle? Mine does it too. Been meaning to open it up and put some padding in to see if I can stop it.

I have a similar rattle on my passenger side door, I think its the winder motor though so have left it for now. Only a problem with bass heavy music (doesn't cope well with Nine Inch Nails  :rolleye:)

If you fix it let us know.

Offline holland15h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #1371 on: May 13, 2012, 09:26:20 am »
fitted my votex rear spoiler

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #1372 on: May 13, 2012, 03:16:14 pm »
Fixed my parcel shelf, the plasctic tab was broke on one side, so got hold of some plastic round bar and fixed it.

Also checked my canbus model, in preperation for stero upgrade.
05 GTI 5 Door, sunroof, met paint, 18" monza, Leather Anthacite, front centre armrest, xenon headlights, Lux pack 2, Sensors, Winter Pack.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #1373 on: May 13, 2012, 03:56:00 pm »
Removed my tatty, torn dv valve and replaced it with the revision d. Wow...just wow. :smiley:

What difference is there on your car?  How did you know that the dv valve was torn?
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline Carla77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #1374 on: May 13, 2012, 09:45:29 pm »

What difference is there on your car?  How did you know that the dv valve was torn?

The performance over the past few weeks has been sluggish; noticed a whistling sound when accelerating, a flat spot between 2500-3500 revs and the mpg had dropped like a stone. From reading this forum, these are the classic signs of a DV where the rubber diaphragm is broken - for £55 I bought a new revision d dv and my husband fitted it using the 'how to' guide from this forum.

It's now pulling in all gears and the flat spot has gone.

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #1375 on: May 13, 2012, 11:45:50 pm »
Scraped a concrete column. Passenger door badly scratched and dented. Door sill pushed up a bit and paint gone.

I wish I'd never been born. :sad1:
'07 Red manual

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #1376 on: May 14, 2012, 06:30:56 am »
Scraped a concrete column. Passenger door badly scratched and dented. Door sill pushed up a bit and paint gone.

I wish I'd never been born. :sad1:

Ouch! How did you do that? :(

I fitted my Autotech internals this weekend along with a new cam follower after getting it back from VW where it had a cambelt and service.

My friend is writing my "proper" map now so hopefully should be ready for the dyno next weekend.  :smiley:
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #1377 on: May 14, 2012, 07:12:31 am »

Offline skriller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #1378 on: May 14, 2012, 01:39:51 pm »
i soooooo didnt want to drill holes in my car..... so i let my dad do it lol... :confused:

and this is what happened...

DSG No.0093 T Red

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #1379 on: May 14, 2012, 02:32:17 pm »
^^^^
Looks good, skriller  :happy2:

Which roof spoiler is that?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!