Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2527078 times)

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 9
  • I was born a while ago and I'm not dead yet.
    • Email
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #1440 on: May 21, 2012, 10:10:24 pm »
Had my car in for it's first DSG service at 37,600 miles.

All good and went through with no hiccups :smiley:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1441 on: May 22, 2012, 08:36:36 am »
:happy2: ^ Mike, I like it more when the HP is activated   :drinking:
Installed my blue blind-spot mirrors and dash cubby today. Also used vcds and re-coded the windows to go up and down using the remote. Re-coded for the rear fog so I just need to install it this week.
May I ask where you got the blue mirrors please

I got them from my mechanic. He traded his mkv in and removed everything not stock before doing so.

This is likely where he got them from; http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Exterior/Mirrors/Glass/

Don't know where you could get them here :[

I found this so maybe there are blue b/s mirrors here; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEON-MK2-CUPRA-2005-2008-DOOR-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-BLIND-SPOT-HEATED-LEFT-/110814028427
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 08:46:54 am by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #1442 on: May 22, 2012, 10:56:40 am »
rare occurrence yesterday in our house the Pirelli was clean and mrs w actually let me drive it  :driver:

given its sunny the Ed35 will be dusted off for a spot of lunch  :innocent:

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #1443 on: May 22, 2012, 02:36:21 pm »
Spent the last 5 hrs giving it a well earnt wash and wax. Was filthy I tell ya.

Offline cupra_buzz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #1444 on: May 22, 2012, 04:54:20 pm »
So I have taken my front grills off to be repaired and spray glossy black me thinks. Also gonna make my lip where the reg goes matt black.

I would defiantly take the bumper off to get to the middle grill the bottom clips are a nightmare

Taken with iphone

This is just one of the cracks :/

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #1445 on: May 22, 2012, 10:35:03 pm »
Gave her another clean/polish/wax today. 6 hrs later.........................

By hand!!   :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #1446 on: May 22, 2012, 11:05:29 pm »
wash and dry, under chassis clean, dress and hoover interior.

oh, and bought some suspension. B12 kit from GNJ_motorsport for a great price.

Saintsteve

« Reply #1447 on: May 23, 2012, 07:52:39 am »
Gave her another clean/polish/wax today. 6 hrs later.........................

By hand!!   :happy2:

Like the little touches  :happy2: looks very familiar  :happy2:

How are you finding the new polish products I recommended? Did you order them in the end?

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #1448 on: May 23, 2012, 10:53:00 am »

How are you finding the new polish products I recommended? Did you order them in the end?

Won't look like yours when I've finished with her, after much deliberation have "nearly" decided on 19" BBS CH's in Hyper Silver. OEM++ IMO!!

Yes, used the Poorboys Natty's Paste Red Wax for the first time and to my very untrained eye didn't notice any difference from the Victoria Concours Red Wax but I imagine it's the Polish that makes most of the difference and am still using the Clearkote Red Mousse Glase so never bought the one you recommended. What was the Polish you use, can't remember, was it a Meg's one?
 :happy2:

Saintsteve

« Reply #1449 on: May 23, 2012, 12:47:38 pm »

Won't look like yours when I've finished with her, after much deliberation have "nearly" decided on 19" BBS CH's in Hyper Silver. OEM++ IMO!!

Yes, used the Poorboys Natty's Paste Red Wax for the first time and to my very untrained eye didn't notice any difference from the Victoria Concours Red Wax but I imagine it's the Polish that makes most of the difference and am still using the Clearkote Red Mousse Glase so never bought the one you recommended. What was the Polish you use, can't remember, was it a Meg's one?

Yes, the new ultimate polish, black bottle.. Really good results with no horrid white dust to worry about :happy2:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #1450 on: May 23, 2012, 12:51:24 pm »
^^^^  :happy2:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1451 on: May 24, 2012, 09:02:21 am »
Those are some PURDEE finishes.  :happy2: Makes me want to get mine in shape but it's still raining nearly everyday here in Oregon, US.

Installed a new cam follower today and it was surprisingly worn much less than the last one was with the same mileage on each. I'm getting pics of them side by side this weekend. I need to check codes with vcds because it went into momentary limp this morning with accompanied CEL. I'm just happy it was not the c/f, cam, and hpfp this time. It ran fine afterward for the remainder of the day.

Checked my order tracking and noted that my hatch pop kit and other items will be here by the weekend  :jumpmove:
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #1452 on: May 25, 2012, 09:05:52 am »
Picked up some graphite engine assembly grease to use for c/follower installs. The smallest tube they had should last 1200 years if used for that purpose alone. What chance do I have for the mkv lasting as long?

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #1453 on: May 25, 2012, 09:29:45 am »

I agree mate! I would love to do the same. Gotta be the Ultimate look for an Ed30  :happy2:
19" BBS CH's and H&R or Eibach Springs  :notworthy:

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #1454 on: May 25, 2012, 05:37:04 pm »
I just changed my stock tdi rear bumper to an r32 twin centre  and it looks the biz only thing I balanced it on bins while taking off the stock and the wind blew it off so all scratched now ---still looks good though -- just need a tow cover as they are different sizes --- bring on the exhaust
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.