• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
tyres
« on: November 07, 2008, 10:07:29 am »
its that time again!! went through a set of eagle F1s in 8,000 miles  :sad:

Now just a lil bit of advice, i can get the F1 asymetrics for 107 each and the F1 GSD3's for 100 each, i currently have the GSD3's on all 4 corners and have always been happy with them on my other cars. BUT i wouldnt mind tryin the asymetrics, so should i put the GSD3s that are on the rear, on the front? and put some new asymetrics on the rear, this way il run the GSD3's down quicker and il have 4 asymetrics next time i need some tyers!!?? also what will drivability be like with the different tred pattern, on the front to the back!?

or shall i just get another 2 GSD3's  :smiley: :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: tyres
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 10:13:17 am »
Joe! English please  :laugh:

I've found the Michelins best on the 18'' monza's, better grip, quiter and so far lasting well  :happy2:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 11:12:25 am »
I have assymetrics on mine, and there very very good so i would have those or the Michelins, nothing else for me

Offline E30m3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 11:58:45 am »
I have assymetrics on mine, and there very very good so i would have those or the Michelins, nothing else for me

I only use goodyear Assymetrics on everything awesome tyres, in my view better than michelin PS2(they ride too hard and are not as good in the wet ), the special cars get cups and Hoosiers but as TT said Hoosiers and cups no good for road !!

definatly get the Assymetrics .

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:00:39 pm »

I only use goodyear Assymetrics on everything awesome tyres, in my view better than michelin PS2(they ride too hard and are not as good in the wet ), the special cars get cups and Hoosiers but as TT said Hoosiers and cups no good for road !!

but will they run OK on the back and GSD3's on the front?

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline E30m3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 12:02:33 pm »
yep they should do, i had a similar setup on my previous golf for a month or two.

just get Assys all round ASAP it will transform the handling of the car, especially on those LTW RS GTs ! :drool:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 12:07:05 pm »
yep they should do, i had a similar setup on my previous golf for a month or two.

just get Assys all round ASAP it will transform the handling of the car, especially on those LTW RS GTs ! :drool:

cant afford them all round, :sad: will have them all round when the fronts run down  :smiley:

cheers for the info all, il go with the asymetrics  :happy2:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 12:09:56 pm »

i reckon you will be fine , i got 4 from this bloke quite cheaply a while back http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290260397773

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 12:14:59 pm »

i reckon you will be fine , i got 4 from this bloke quite cheaply a while back http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290260397773

he has put em up 20 quid now, lol

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 12:20:21 pm »
yeh, that was a while back, i asked for a deal out of ebay and went to pick them up from him, cost me £320 for 4, but i know recently he said he couldnt do that cheap again

Offline E30m3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 02:52:43 am »
yeh, that was a while back, i asked for a deal out of ebay and went to pick them up from him, cost me £320 for 4, but i know recently he said he couldnt do that cheap again
for 225/ 18 !! Thats amazing i paid £60 more for 17's on my old Gti !  :surprised:   :smiley:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 01:56:13 pm »
I have GSD3's on the rear and the new Asym's on the front at the mo - I'll swap them round sometimes to wear down the GSD3's quicker to get Asyms all round.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 02:45:59 pm »
for 225/ 18 !! Thats amazing i paid £60 more for 17's on my old Gti !  :surprised:   :smiley:

yeh, pretty good i thought, i reckon  could still get a bit of a deal on them out of ebay ;-)

that said i paid about the same for these

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 02:48:39 pm by 182_blue »

veedub18

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 04:28:12 pm »
It looks like TC has sneaked in on the act and is about to run off with your Michelins, (third picture).

He gets everywhere lol  :rolleye:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 05:01:53 pm »
It looks like TC has sneaked in on the act and is about to run off with your Michelins, (third picture).

He gets everywhere lol  :rolleye:

Well spotted MR Zaino Dont ever find yourself in Shaun wheel and tyre lock up its vast with thousands of wheels and tyres everywhere. Very strange though only one ED30.  :confused:  :laugh: