Make a donation

Author Topic: Sy's vRS APR/LOBA Hybrid - Now replaced with a proper car!  (Read 139198 times)

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 71
Re: Sy's vRS APR/LOBA Hybrid - Now replaced with a proper car!
« Reply #630 on: October 23, 2013, 10:06:38 pm »
A tweaked ST will be quicker than a std RS due to the weight of the RS.
I like the mk3 Focus chassis as it is fun no matter how much power is to hand. I have circa 180bhp with the Titanium handling pack and is brilliant whether driving fast or slow.
I take it the updates were to the body control module and pcm as mine is also showing as having updates available.  Its due to go into GK in 2 weeks so I might ask them to update it for me.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #631 on: October 23, 2013, 11:08:35 pm »
I take it the updates were to the body control module and pcm as mine is also showing as having updates available.  Its due to go into GK in 2 weeks so I might ask them to update it for me.

That was all I wanted updating, but ETIS shows that every module of the ECU barring front audio control has been updated.   :happy2:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #632 on: October 24, 2013, 12:57:38 am »
The difference with bluefin added makes the ST far better, only thing i will say is make sure your ready when the boost comes in :grin: its like trying to tame a bear...especially on cambered roads trying to over take :scared: its challenging put it that way

Having the roof and mirrors wrapped on Saturday then gonna get some H&R springs for it and that'll be me done. It certainly doesn't need much to be a good all round car.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #633 on: October 24, 2013, 01:11:48 am »
So now your list is a map, brakes and H&R springs......this is how it always starts Sy. :wink:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #634 on: October 24, 2013, 07:23:54 am »
 :mad:
 :grin:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #635 on: October 24, 2013, 09:13:36 am »

:laugh:

LOL, I know you think like me. This is how mine usually goes......

I'll only have a map this time around....

But I may as well stick an exhaust and intake on to get the best out of that map.....

Now I've done that the brakes aren't up to it so I'll get a BBK.....

Funny, doesn't handle that well with all that extra power. I know, I'll get some Arbs and lowering springs.....err no , I may as well get coilovers as they are better and the fitting cost will be roughly the same......

Ooh. Handles well now, but could do with some extra power. Not worth going just stage 2 so I'll get stage 2+....

Had stage 2+ for a few months and got used to the power......stage 3 time! :laugh:

Gets me every time!  :signLOL:

Golf R gone.

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 71
« Reply #636 on: October 24, 2013, 10:03:57 pm »
gonna get some H&R springs for it and that'll be me done. It certainly doesn't need much to be a good all round car.

Mountune do their own specification springs made by Eibach for £229. I for one will be leaving the suspension well alone, as the Titanium suspension pack on my Focus is firm but very compliant over uneven surfaces. Ford have always been good at setting cars up for the road. I couldn't fault the std Rally tarmac set up on my Mk 1 Focus RS. I am limiting my mods to the Bluefin, ST High Flow air box and soon either the powerflex or superpro rear engine mount insert and leaving the rest std.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline flatout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #637 on: October 24, 2013, 10:13:36 pm »

But I may as well stick an exhaust and intake on to get the best out of that map.....

Funny, doesn't handle that well with all that extra power. I know, I'll get some Arbs and lowering springs.....err no , I may as well get coilovers as they are better and the fitting cost will be roughly the same......

Ooh. Handles well now, but could do with some extra power. Not worth going just stage 2 so I'll get stage 2+....

Had stage 2+ for a few months and got used to the power......stage 3 time! :laugh:

soooo true :stupid:
stage 2+ Grey Ed30..DSG 362 BHP.380 lb/ft.....Also Statller Tuned :)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #638 on: October 25, 2013, 01:02:35 pm »

Never say never  :innocent: