Make a donation

Author Topic: How to, Midline to highline retrofit  (Read 58216 times)

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 54
Re: How to, Midline to highline retrofit
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2017, 07:14:04 pm »
A massive THANK YOU!!!! to James the OP on this thread :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:

Followed your how-to do the letter buddy and it worked absolutely perfect!

So thanks again for taking the time to de the write up.

I never would've had the stones to have attempted this without your excellent write-up. Very much appreciated!!

The only thing I would add is that after I turned all the lights off on the dash my ABS light was still on.

I  had to follow the instructions in the video attached from Ross-Tech as to how to get the light to turn off permanently.

Just a handy little extra for anyone who does this retrofit and ends up with their ABS light on afterwards....

tomhosie

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2018, 06:21:16 pm »
Hey everyone, first poster here, sorry to resurrect an old post. I've had my Mk5 GTTDI for a while and managed to do a few of the easier mods but I'm stumped with reading/writing the IMMO data in a 973B cluster. When I read it the data is just a load of 000000 and when I write it seems to take, but then I leave the car and return and the Immo is still active. Am I doing something wrong? Incidentally it doesn't read the PIN either, just seems to time out. I've followed the instructions posted here (very grateful for these) to the letter, but resulting in a blank...

I've checked the RossTech site and it states that if the serial number starts VWZ then it's Immo4a which can be adapted....

Confused here...can anyone cleverer than me help please?

Thanks in advance :-)

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2018, 06:20:03 pm »

Offline Stef97

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2020, 12:56:47 pm »
Hello,if you make this Swap and the meniu not appear you need vcds and follow the steps:
Vcds - 17 - Instruments - 10 - Adaptation - Channel 00 - Read - Value 000 - Save and Close the car and leave the car like 5-10 minutes and now you can use MFD Meniu. You can lock the car and leave,because if you try when you make this procces is not appear the meniu.(sorry for my English 😘)