Make a donation

Author Topic: Rolling Road.....disapointing results..  (Read 22482 times)

Offline duncan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Rolling Road.....disapointing results..
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 02:49:12 pm »
nope - nothing obvious - i can hear a dump valve kind of sound when i change gear and if im in 6th going slowly push right down then when i release i can hear that sound again

nothing obvious though.

just spoken to VW and they cant find any boost leaks and have tested the MAF and nothing faulty there.

they want to put the ECU back to a stock map which means updating the software, but they cant do this as my ecu is on the latest version.  they were talking about flashing the ECU back to standard but this can corrupt the ECU which means that i would be liable to pay for a new one...

i think this is shocking - i bought the car from VW who said this WALD conversion was covered under warranty, the car is performing worse than a stock gti.

have spoken to the VW garage i bought the car from who say that they dont want to pay for a new ECU since the diagnostic shows that there is nothing wrong with the car. when i tell them its only running 185bhp and the rolling road showed that it was running very rich they just say the rolling road could be wrong..

am going in circles here.. if i dont get the garage i bought the car from to pay for a new ECU what should i do???

HELLLLPPP!!! :sad:
Candy white GTI, MRC tuning Remap - the rest will remain standard...

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 02:54:39 pm »
And your definitely sure that they checked the DV? In my experience, dealers don't seem to understand what this is, and as i said in an earlier post they call it something different to a 'diverter valve'. I really hope someone can tell you what their name for it is, because I can't remember for the life of me. There have been several reports on this and another golf forum where people have wanted dealers to check their DV for failure (obviously because its a known issue), and the dealer doesn't know what that person is talking about. Hence me asking if your sure they checked it  :smiley:

If they have, then just ignore what I've written hahaha!

Really hope you get this sorted Duncan...

2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 02:56:33 pm »
if you took it to a different rolling road and achieved the same results it would squash the garages idea of the rolling road at fault?

Are you aware of your customer rights?

off topic a bit here but bare with me....

5 years ago i bought a brand new landrover discovery £35.5K

drove it home no worries, day two and it cut out as i entered a roundabout..no power, no engine, no electrics no nothing. got it recovered to landy who tested it and said there was nothing wrong with it. Day 4 had the kids in the car, doing 60mph on a dual road it did it again and considering most things on this car were electrical hydrolically operated i was lucky not to crash. car recovered to landy who again claimed to find nothing and handed it back

i then told them i would reject the car and demand a full refund which i was more than entitled to with 21 days of any car purchase, this naturally worried them so they retested the car. because there was a fault to be found the cost lay with the dealership franchise and not Landrover which is why the car wasn't getting the proper attention as they probably didn't want the bill to find the ghost.

i kid you not, i went to the landrover dealership 1st thing in the morning and sat on the nice leather sofa in the middle of the showroom with my mp3 player and a book and told them i wasn't moving till it was sorted or i was refunded.

i got a range rover to play in, they got me out of the showroom and the landrover got treated to many new parts.

you just have to be firm. your garage might have the nicest dealers on the planet but it's you that has to own the car not them. if anything the sales brochure for the car will state power and performance figures and if your car is proven to be way under these then there's a claim of fraudulent representation of goods right there, if they have sold you a car with software they cant work with it's their issue not yours and it should be dealt with as such.

personally i would say try not to let it get that messy unless you have to, but also in the same breath i would say that the garage needs to take more responsibility for what they have sold you and you need to inform them of such

being nice will only get you so far sometimes mate  :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:10:42 pm by Very Cherry »

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 02:57:31 pm »
if you took it to a different rolling road and achieved the same results it would squash the garages idea of the rolling road at fault?

Great point!  :happy2:

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 03:06:22 pm »
Joe's wasn't throwing codes when the DV went, was it? It needs a good dose of looking at and some VCDS logging, but my money is on this being at fault.

Dealers don't have any diagnostic skills any more, they just swap the parts the computer tells them too... and if it isn't throwing codes, then they're stumped.
Sideways yo!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 03:07:16 pm »
y dont the dealer take the car out with vag com and do some logs to see if the car is running ok

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline duncan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 03:21:26 pm »
have just spoken to the garage i bought the car from again who are going to speak to my local VW garage.

the head of the garage i bought the car from seemed pretty reasonable to be honest and said they werent going to leave me out in the cold.

i said the garage that has my car at the moment if they had 100% checked for boost leaks. i was told definitley yes but you still never know and to be honest it does all seem to point to a possible boost leak, but what more can i do?

am considering taking it to JKM in porstmouth to have it mapped there so they can 100% see if there are any leaks or if it is just a corrupted WALD map.,

problem is i dont really want to do this since its going to cost me a minimum of £500, so will have to wait and see what the garages say to each other...

i wish i could just see if it had a leak myself but am rubbish when it comes to that sort of thing, have no tools and have no doubt i would do the car more harm than good and possibly void my warranty...

if anyone has had boost leaks that have not been diagnosed by the ECU please let me know so i can pass this on to the garage

Cheers

Duncan
Candy white GTI, MRC tuning Remap - the rest will remain standard...

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 04:04:14 pm »
ive had issues with my DV on 3 ocasions and not once have any faults been thrown up!!!

if you lived closer id have a check for you, its seriously 20 min job but wouldnt suggest it if you dont know what your doing as the DV can be tricky on the KO3 gti.

if i were you id take it to JKM and ask them to do a 1 hour diagnostices session, then if any faults are found with the DV id bill your VW dealer, try and get it in writing that they have checked the DV.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 04:05:45 pm »
also are you running stock DV?

and i agree with chris with the name thing, last time i asked VW to look at mine they didnt have a clue what i was talking about  :rolleye:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:11:21 pm by joesgti »

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 04:26:34 pm »
duncan,

in all probability
1. A corrupt WALD map is unlikely
2. Your issues are not map related its something else.

The diverter valve is called Turbocharger Recirculating Valve N249
just send them the link below to the common issues as it could be PCV or other issues too
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24952
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 04:30:47 pm »
duncan,

in all probability

just send them the link below to the common issues as it could be PCV or other issues too

WOW, cheers for the link johnO, just bookmarked it, very helpful.  :happy2:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 04:33:56 pm »
duncan,

in all probability

:happy2:

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2009, 04:36:21 pm »
Oh and to confirm.... The WALD Map is a very real thing  :rolleye:

We were offered it at our dealership and ITS NOT DONE BY THE DEALERSHIP.

Its done by an external tuning company (Steves Auto Clinic in our case) but VW will honour the warranty as the map is A) Not hardcore and B) is done "by VW".

Check the DV and maybe get the turbo sent into JKM like Robin had his done.

I hope you sort this out. I would be highly agitated.

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2009, 04:45:38 pm »
I'm not so sure that he needs to get his turbo sent into JKM just yet Mike....!  :chicken:

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2009, 04:48:38 pm »
I'm not so sure that he needs to get his turbo sent into JKM just yet Mike....!  :chicken:

+1, theres alot more things to check first  :signLOL: