Make a donation

Author Topic: Which exhaust!?  (Read 2795 times)

Offline samuelmem97

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 0
Which exhaust!?
« on: September 20, 2019, 05:05:16 pm »
Has anyone had experience with a cobra non res on a mk5 gti? whats it sound like and much drone? not sure whether to go for cobra or bcs. Feel like the bcs could be a bit too quiet for me but i dont want anything stupid loud especially when low boost/city driving. any help appreciated!

Thanks! :smiley:

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: Which exhaust!?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 06:13:41 pm »
BCS have a few ‘noise level’ options, with the ‘sport’ or valved options likely to suit your tastes.

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email

Offline E8RNX

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 05:25:32 pm »
I went for the Milltek Non Res full system with Decat too. Before mapping it wasn’t as loud as I expected and no drone at all. Now I’m stage 2+ and it sounds amazing much louder and throatier.

I personally wouldn’t go resonated, with my system when cruising it isn’t overpowering or too loud it’s a nice volume. When you go on boost then you can hear it from miles lol.
—MK5 Golf GTI DSG—

Offline samuelmem97

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 07:38:38 pm »
I went for the Milltek Non Res full system with Decat too. Before mapping it wasn’t as loud as I expected and no drone at all. Now I’m stage 2+ and it sounds amazing much louder and throatier.

I personally wouldn’t go resonated, with my system when cruising it isn’t overpowering or too loud it’s a nice volume. When you go on boost then you can hear it from miles lol.

yeah i was looking at milltek non res but the only thing that puts me off is that you can see the backbox hanging down a bit under the car? or is it not that noticeable? think ill be going for non res then as I cba with the drone lol but also want it nice and loud when on boost but fairly tame off boost! cheers for the reply

Offline E8RNX

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 02:02:10 am »
I can’t lie the back box does definitely stick out  really noticeably. Many people have told me and thought it wasn’t fitted correctly but that’s just how they are. And yes non res - I use mine as a daily so always doing long runs, motorway, city etc. From inside the car doesn’t drone at all.
—MK5 Golf GTI DSG—

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2mjbq73g9uhkqeso1uf0mf5ni1&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 09:18:15 am »
BCS.... no question.

Offline Danthefourwheeler

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 11:03:30 am »
Just picked up a MK5 GTI in silver 5 door. From what I've heard, BCS turbo back with R-Tech Stage 1 is the way  :wink:

Going to be first two mods I get onto!  :smiley: