Make a donation

Author Topic: Picking Her Up Tomorrow! Can't wait!  (Read 17451 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Picking Her Up Tomorrow! Can't wait!
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 06:07:29 pm »
car looks good mate, shame about the damage on the old one, but it could have been worse

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 06:18:07 pm »
Nice replacement there pal.. Have you had chance to give a decent comparison yet, performance, handling, general feel of the car etc?
Is it me, or has it already got the red GTI badge on the front grill already?  8)

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 06:20:47 pm »
That was sickening seeing that damage  :confused:  :nerd:

Glad you got the new car though  :happy2: Looking forward to your thoughts on it  :wink:

hufcforpromotion

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2008, 06:24:20 pm »
Thanks everyone for your kind words! Still totally devastated about my R32! I am going to try and get to the bottom of who caused the damage tomorrow! I phoned the cops but they where unhelpful saying not much they can do now I have not got the car anymore! They are probably too busy out with there speed guns!

New car is great! And only 1800 miles on the clock! Just need to give it a good check over tomorrow as was a bit rushed today at the dealership as I was not really in the mood as you can imagine!

hufcforpromotion

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2008, 06:28:13 pm »
I will have a good blast tomorrow and let you all know what I think but it is not the first time I have owned and edition 30! Total different drive to the R32 tho and 36 mpg on the way home compaired to 26mpg on the way there in the R!

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2008, 06:33:03 pm »
I will have a good blast tomorrow and let you all know what I think but it is not the first time I have owned and edition 30! Total different drive to the R32 tho and 36 mpg on the way home compaired to 26mpg on the way there in the R!

Nice, funny r32 owners try to convince you that a r32 gives the same mpg as an edition 30/ golf gti, MYTH BUSTED lol

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2008, 06:39:12 pm »

Nice, funny r32 owners try to convince you that a r32 gives the same mpg as an edition 30/ golf gti, MYTH BUSTED lol
Agree'd shaun
Wished you'd tell r32uk that, might end his R32 being as economical as a Toyota prius! :happy2:

Hope you enjoy your Ed30 Transplant  :wink:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2008, 07:38:51 pm »
How sickening is that W(censored)ers disappearing without fessing up.  :fighting:

Its a bit sad really what should be a great day to remember gets tainted,  :sick:
But it will be behind you soon.
The ED 30 looks beautiful enjoy.  :smiley:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 08:32:36 pm »
WOW thats an unlucky handover day!
Thank  goodness you still could swap , Id say just enjoy the ED30 but dont park it in the same place as the R32  :surprised:

I reckon we should start a book on days to remap  :innocent:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 09:17:57 pm »
that must be 3 ed30's now you have owned, you change cars like the wind changes direction.

Offline E30m3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 01:48:28 am »
Had everybody's worst Nightmare Today! My trade in car got damaged before I traded it in! I did not notice the massive dent until I was at the petrol station 20 miles from VW! Hit and run outside our house 15 mins before I left!

Totally Gutted!!!!!

The  nerve of some people !  i feel for you mate some bar stewards need to be castrated.  :fighting:

Glad you got the deal though, new car looks awesome bud  :drinking:

What do you prefer , R32 , Gti, Ed30 ?

i personally prefer ed30 for upgrading, and stock GTi to drive !

ps wifes car looks hard as fudge !  8)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 04:41:35 pm by Top Cat »

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 03:20:13 pm »
Car looks awesome mate, sorry to hear about the R, at least its all sorted and you can enjoy your new car :happy2:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

hufcforpromotion

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 07:24:53 pm »
Had a good blast in the new car today! The roads are great in Fife with no speed cameras to worry about! Really love the way it pulls late in the rev range! I have missed the feel of a Turbo just wish it sounded like the R32! Car feels so light on the road compaired to the R32. I am also loving the new touch screen sat nav! Mods will start once I return from my hols in Afganhistan!

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 07:30:01 pm »
Had a good blast in the new car today! The roads are great in Fife with no speed cameras to worry about! Really love the way it pulls late in the rev range! I have missed the feel of a Turbo just wish it sounded like the R32! Car feels so light on the road compaired to the R32. I am also loving the new touch screen sat nav! Mods will start once I return from my hols in Afganhistan!

Glad your enjoying it mate, what mods are you planning ?

hufcforpromotion

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 07:57:00 pm »
S3 Intercooler, R32 brakes/Brembo gt, Coilovers, Milltek turbo back zorst, Uprated fuel pump, Forge DV, Remap!

These may take a while to fund tho! Probably do the Milltek first then brakes before I get the Remap!