Make a donation

Author Topic: Jedi-Knight's Tornado Red 'fully loaded' OEM+ GTI - FOR SALE  (Read 80741 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Nice gti mate, I see you have led foot well lights where did you get bulbs from pal ?

I got them all from this guy..

matt.towers@btinternet.com

Thanks mate,

Car is coming along very nicely mate. also i which induction kit do you go for in the end ? the itg enclosed or open filter ? was the enclosed quiet ?

Thanks

Neither. Back to standard air box set up. Both of them made the car feel less responsive low down, confirmed with a dyne run which showed it actually reduced the torque. It added a little bit top end but I prefer the early surge of the torque.

Also both were way too noisy for what I wanted.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Mark Webb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Nice gti mate, I see you have led foot well lights where did you get bulbs from pal ?

Thanks mate,

Car is coming along very nicely mate. also i which induction kit do you go for in the end ? the itg enclosed or open filter ? was the enclosed quiet ?

Thanks

Neither. Back to standard air box set up. Both of them made the car feel less responsive low down, confirmed with a dyne run which showed it actually reduced the torque. It added a little bit top end but I prefer the early surge of the torque.

ah right i see, thanks for the information as i was thinking of changing to an induction kit and I've got a stage 1 remap by niki at r-tec but think i won't bother then and keep the standard air box.

Cheers for advice mate.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You

Thanks mate,

Thanks

ah right i see, thanks for the information as i was thinking of changing to an induction kit and I've got a stage 1 remap by niki at r-tec but think i won't bother then and keep the standard air box.

Cheers for advice mate.

Talk to R-Tech again and see if they concur. But OEM airbag for stage 1 was the decision we arrived at when I spoke to them last and ran a couple of different set ups before.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
Quite excited. Just bought these..

2015 Mk7 Golf R Brakes. 340mm. Apparently 3kg lighter than the R32/S3 345mm options.

Been wanting to upgrade the brakes for ages so quite happy its finally happening :)

Offline patpong_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
Quite excited. Just bought these..

2015 Mk7 Golf R Brakes. 340mm. Apparently 3kg lighter than the R32/S3 345mm options.

Been wanting to upgrade the brakes for ages so quite happy its finally happening :)

they do look the part
how are your brakes and set up at mo
s3 good
TT RS even 4 pot better
18z brembo 6 pot great
lets us know what they are like
and nice Golf you have made a very good car even better with your mods over the last few years

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
90000 mile present to my car today. Hit 90k on the way to the garage

The stone guards don't fit annoyingly. Will have to get mk5 r32 ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
There's no point in the stone guards, they do very little and normally rust and fall off causing issues. Better off without them as they more of a pain than they're worth but I would expect R32 ones to fit should you desire them enough. Perhaps paint them red to match the calipers to add some extra colour behind the wheels... :happy2:

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
Brakes felt mega on a 800 mile trip around the Cotswolds. Very very happy with their performance.

A great alternative to the 345mm r32 brakes.

Disc weight
MK5 GTI 312mm 8.25kg
Mk7 R 340mm 10.75kg
MK5 R32 345mm 12.12kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:00:30 pm by jedi-knight83 »

Offline Mark_eire

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • Email
Re: Jedi-Knight's Tornado Red 'fully loaded' OEM+ GTI - MK7R Brakes 2/11/15
« Reply #203 on: November 03, 2015, 11:57:59 pm »
Car still looking cracking mate, nice to see its still being taken care of!
I've been searching for another mk5 gti the past few months, bought a lovely high spec one yesterday, can't wait to get into one again
2010 Audi A6 Avant S-Line
2007 VW Golf GTI

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
Re: Jedi-Knight's Tornado Red 'fully loaded' OEM+ GTI - MK7R Brakes 2/11/15
« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2015, 07:54:58 am »
Car still looking cracking mate, nice to see its still being taken care of!
I've been searching for another mk5 gti the past few months, bought a lovely high spec one yesterday, can't wait to get into one again

Car was very dirty after the trip and its been a couple of years since it was last properly polished so I've been detailing it over the last few evenings (the benefit of having a garage at last!) so it will be back to its shiny brilliantness shortly :)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You