Make a donation

Author Topic: Clock, Speedo, Dials....  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Clock, Speedo, Dials....
« on: September 28, 2011, 01:29:01 pm »
General questionals..........

- Are all speedo's the same? regadles of model? is it just the revs that are different?

- and standard clocks - compared to the deep dish GTI/R32 style ones < is the ONLY difference the look? or are they lit differently? needles? (lighting etc)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:34:14 pm by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Clock, Speedo, Dials....
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 02:05:40 pm »
The revs and the speedo differ, there are 140 160 and 180 kph versions the revs are all the same its just a different card (cover over the face) between diesels and petrols.

The deep recessed dials on the GTI and R32 are cosmetic to a point but there is some deep coding in GTI and R32 clocks that light the needles regardless of lights on or off.  I believe you can replace the whole face plate of normal clocks with GTI variants but without some coding the needles wont be permanently lit. (I havent tried this but from taking my GTI highline to-pieces the board and needle motors behind the faceplate look identical to none GTI clocks.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.