Make a donation

Author Topic: pics of your old cars  (Read 123295 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
pics of your old cars
« on: November 09, 2008, 09:16:11 pm »
Vag or not, lets see some of your old motors  :happy2:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: pics of your old cars
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:21:35 pm »
Good idea Shaun, I will get the ball rolling (from my dark phase of car ownership): -

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 09:35:51 pm »
Not as dark as mine  :ashamed:  (actually when i say dark i mean ...... )

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 10:02:26 pm »
my first and still have it :rolleye: i built it from a rotten bug

my 1956 rhd oval and 2332cc

my first civic type r

my mk4 gti

nissan skyline

mini cooper s jcw

seat leon cupra r

my second civic type r

mk4 r32

got given this as a friend moved to NZ

a3 sportback 2.0t dsg

my 1960 splitscreen van

:grin:
mk2 gti 16v
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 11:01:34 am by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 10:30:52 pm »
Mat your mental i bet there is 1 or 2 you have even forgotten about.  :grin:  :jumping:

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 10:51:18 pm »
1st car was a corsa sport (no pics) then i got this focus 1.8 zetec

then my first vw a bora tdi 150

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:53:44 pm by v2brett »
Still Here!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 01:20:49 am »
Mat your mental i bet there is 1 or 2 you have even forgotten about.  :grin:  :jumping:
There was a mk1 with a 1.8 16v on twin 40 carbs with a ported and polished head and a better cam 165 bhp

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Dario

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
  • booosting... :)
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 02:02:20 am »
mine

Seat Ibiza FR 1.8T with little tweaks  :grin:

from this

to this :D

REVO ST2+ Edition30 -sold

soon 2015 Golf R :)

Offline Soundlab

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 10:44:34 am »
My first car was a 1979 Fiesta 1.1s (no pictures unfortunately).  Then, when I finished uni I bought myself what I thought would be a good run around (a 1993 Renault Laguna RT 2.0).  The plan was always to get a TVR of some kind, but then I found Japanese turbo cars and got myself the following (this was in it's final guise - just before I sold it) ...

I had the GTI-R for about 4.5 years and REALLY enjoyed that car. 

Basic spec was : Trust Induction with custom filter relocation kit, full de-silencer mongoose exhaust, forge dump valve, HKS AFR, Pace front mount intercooler, Blitz boost controller, AP Clutch, Samco Coolant hoses,  magencor 8.5mm HT Leads, NISMO oil cooler, lots of polished pots (power steering, header tank, cusco oil catch tank, etc), GAB top adjustable suspension, 315mm brakes with Wilwood calipers, braided brake lines ... I think you get the idea.

Abbey Motorsport did all the work on that car for me and it was running just over 300hp at 1.1bar boost.

Being an Abbey Motorsport customer it wasn't long before i moved into Skylines - and bought myself an immaculate R32 GTR.  I sold that to buy the Golf in September.  This is how it looked just before i sold it ...

The Skyline I owned for 5.5 years and was just incredible.  440hp, around 380ft lb torque and an engine noise that I can't possibly put into words.  Problem was, it was SO tidy I didn't want to use it or leave it anywhere, so it just got used for the odd drive now and then on at weekends and I felt it was a waste so finally decided to sell it on. 

The Skylines basic spec was: Apexi Induction, full HKS exhaust (with front silencers removed), HKS F Con S engine management, HKS Boost controller, Tomei race fuel pump, exedy clutch, GT-SS turbo's, Apexi GT Intercooler, Apexi intercooler hard pipe kit, Abbey Oil Cooler Kit, Trust springs, R34 front brakes, lightweight "drag" wheels, lots of polished engine parts and so on (haven't got all the info to hand).

And now I have the GTI   :happy2:   A cracking car that is just lacking a bit of power.  My warranty doesn't expire until around Sept. next year (as the dealer gave me a years full warranty as the 3 years are about to run out), so I expect I'll get it remapped at that point.

Daz

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 03:15:06 pm »
Had a mini cooper as my first car (no pics)
Then got a mazda rx8 (no pics again lol)
Missed the mini too much so after a year traded the rx8 in for a cooper s which looked like this when i got it

Then over the 18 months i had it, ended up looking like this

Was running around 240bhp and was a real pocket rocket. Really miss that car.

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 03:21:35 pm »
Im not into Mini's at all Luca, but that does look one mean Min!!! I bet you threw a few quid at that mate  :happy2: :jumpmove:

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 05:09:20 pm »
Spent around £4k on it alltogether, was very pleased with the results and to me it was worth it. Was going to do big valve cylinder head and cams to get around the 270-280bhp mark but couldnt justify spending all that extra money.
Might get a cheap one next year and have it as a little project car to use at pod and to use at trackdays.

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline madman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 06:21:28 pm »
first car 1275 gt mini no pics. 2nd car a mk1 xr2 no pics 3rd mk3 astra gsi and yes no pics. then a mk3 gti                   then the lexus whitch i did love and kept it for 3 years.       part exed it in on me b/new gti and never looked back. but i do miss the is200 sport :smiley:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 06:41:32 pm »
That Mini looks sh*t hot Luca. I bet that went like stink, how do you compare it to your Eddy?  :happy2: :jumpmove:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 07:44:45 pm »
For noise, handling, and 1st, 2nd gear accelleration it would whoop my ed30 even with the revo and tbe. After 3rd gear the golfs torque and outright power would help the golf sail past the mini.
The mini just had bags of character but was a little hard to live with as an everyday car as it was really loud and the ride was pretty harsh.
Will try my best to get one next year as a little project car.
Heres a sounclip of a cooper s with similar mods to mine so you can see what mine sounded like :evilgrin:
&feature=related